Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fully understand the question being raised but really can't agree with its original premise, tbh.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is s***, then f*** it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So f***ing what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly c***, you still support the team. It's not something you can f***ing well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly f***ing awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

Don't let the bastards get you down. Newcastle United FC will still be around long after Ashley’s been found kicked to death in a Newcastle back alley...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to f*** off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

That's fair enough mate and I'd agree with you on that point. Look, I'm not saying that we should just bend over and take it up the backside from Ashley and his runty litter of fuckwits - but I am saying that folks can't let this (admittedly diabolical) latest turn of events dilute their passion for the club. If people choose to articulate that love of the club by stopping supporting it now, then that's fine, they can f*** off just so long as they don't come back when the good times return, because they will return. They will.

What about not going to games anymore in the hope it will bring good times back - i.e. speed up Ashleys departure.

I don't know, you tell me. Did it work last time round when Keegan walked?

It didnt happen, everyone kept going, thinking he was he was going to sell the club. I'd like to see a proper sustained boycott from now till the end of the season, and then no-one getting season tickets in the summer, and seeing what he does then.

Fully understand the question being raised but really can't agree with its original premise, tbh.

You support the team, not Ashley, not Pardew, not Sky Sports News. You support the team. If that team is s***, then f*** it, you still support the team. It's the passion that drives you on - and that passion shouldn't dry up all of a sudden. So f***ing what if the owner turns out to be a self-serving miserly c***, you still support the team. It's not something you can f***ing well drop just because it's somehow become inconvenient, irritating, distressing or embarrassing. If that's the way you feel about things, it says an awful lot more about you than it does about the state of the club. If you're that lightweight about the club then you must be (or would be) a truly f***ing awful parent, husband/wife, friend, etc...

Don't let the bastards get you down. Newcastle United FC will still be around long after Ashley’s been found kicked to death in a Newcastle back alley...

i happen to think that being able to apply thinking like 'if we all stop giving ashley our money he'll have to f*** off' makes me a pretty considerate person and therefore a good friend tbh, but each to their own

That's fair enough mate and I'd agree with you on that point. Look, I'm not saying that we should just bend over and take it up the backside from Ashley and his runty litter of fuckwits - but I am saying that folks can't let this (admittedly diabolical) latest turn of events dilute their passion for the club. If people choose to articulate that love of the club by stopping supporting it now, then that's fine, they can f*** off just so long as they don't come back when the good times return, because they will return. They will.

What about not going to games anymore in the hope it will bring good times back - i.e. speed up Ashleys departure.

It didnt happen, everyone kept going, thinking he was he was going to sell the club. I'd like to see a proper sustained boycott from now till the end of the season, and then no-one getting season tickets in the summer, and seeing what he does then.

To be honest, I think Skirge's idea of everyone going up to SJP for the game, but not going in, just simply standing outside and cheering the team shows a degree of media savvy that previous protests just didn't.

until ashley and his cancer are cut from newcastle I no longer care

i've never been a massive massive supporter. I get to the odd home game and i'll buy the decent shirts once in a while, but no more.

it was good that the club was gaining some stability and looked to be doing better than expectations

well thats it for me, dont care any more

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There is no way I could stop supporting NUFC, that much is impossible.  I may  hate the way the club is heading, but I'll always support the club the same way

To be honest, I think Skirge's idea of everyone going up to SJP for the game, but not going in, just simply standing outside and cheering the team shows a degree of media savvy that previous protests just didn't.

Thats what I think too, I'm desparate for it to happen.

Will probably pay less of an interest over Christmas so it doesn't get me down at one of my favourite times of the year. Overall though its not going to affect my support, like GM said you support the team not the cretins running the club. As a supporter its the first time in a long while I've felt such pride a group of players, you get the impression that most love the club and actually give a shit, so to not give them my support based on a ridiculous decision by a monstrous oaf would be wrong imo.

Pardew must be insane, he's a dead man walking.

That's it for now. No watching on TV, no merchandise, nothing. I'll look for the results but that's it until Ashley has gone.  :weep:

:lol:

this is unreal man

Why exactly is it 'unreal'? I live in Australia and have done since Jan 2009, before that I had a season ticket for 23 years.

Normally I find myself agreeing with what you write and I used to feel like that, but I just can't do it any more I just feel worn down by things. This change makes no sense whatsoever, not a bit.

The supporters for change managed to do some good by not attending games, maybe that time has come again.

I've got a season ticket paid for till the end of the season, so I won't stop going to games I've paid for. In all honesty I'll probably still continue to buy away tickets aswell up until the end of the season, it's second nature to me to support this club - don't really know what else I'd do without it...

Feel really apathetic tbh, feel like I should make a point and stop going yet I know come Saturday I'll be there for kick off.

No offence intended like, but if this is the justified attitude of our most dedicated fans, then what can we expect from the players?

Most players who support what Hughton was doing and know a good thing will be looking to leave in January and I wouldn't blame them one bit. Jose has already come out and said needs to be a big name who has won something so that looks like one.

No offence intended like, but if this is the justified attitude of our most dedicated fans, then what can we expect from the players?

Probably that they'll be pissed off as well, but they get paid to do a job and that should come first. Don't blame them for being pissed and wouldn't blame anyone for leaving in January.

I would honestly be almost happy for the players to go on strike.

The ones most of us love like Enrique, Colo, Ben Arfa ect are likely to be fucking off sharpish anyway post Hughton so what is there to lose. I would be sickened to see this weeks shit brushed under the table, the tossers in charge need a massive wake up call.

Normally I find myself agreeing with what you write and I used to feel like that, but I just can't do it any more I just feel worn down by things. This change makes no sense whatsoever, not a bit.

The supporters for change managed to do some good by not attending games, maybe that time has come again.

I'm not completely unaware of the conflict that exists in probably every single one of us between wanting on the one hand to remain loyal to the team, keeping the faith, supporting the Toon and on the other just not being able to take any more of Ashley's shite and wanting to take action to spur him on to sell up and fuck off. If I'm completely honest, what I said before was as much about reinforcing the message in my own head as it is to reinforce the message in other peoples' heads. We were here before Mike Ashley, and we'll be here long after the bastard us gone and all. But it is a hard knock to take, is this...

I'm not completely unaware of the conflict that exists in probably every single one of us between wanting on the one hand to remain loyal to the team, keeping the faith, supporting the Toon and on the other just not being able to take any more of Ashley's s**** and wanting to take action to spur him on to sell up and f*** off. If I'm completely honest, what I said before was as much about reinforcing the message in my own head as it is to reinforce the message in other peoples' heads. We were here before Mike Ashley, and we'll be here long after the b****** us gone and all. But it is a hard knock to take, is this...

Yep and when he does go I'll get interested again. It's like any relationship, you can only take so much then something snaps.

If there was an ounce of common sense to this, something I could cling to, to get me through this I'd find it, but this looks like a deal done over a roulette table on a Saturday night piss up down 'the club'. Ashley has no emotional attachment to the club, so why should I allow him to keep doing this to me?

Sorry, but that's it until he's gone.

I'll follow the club on TV/radio and in the media. No more going to games for me now. I won't set foot inside St James until Ashley is gone. Simple as that.

What happens if by some miracle we end up winning silverware under Pardew?

By implication supporting the team i.e. attending games, buying merchandise also automatically supports the Ashley regime.

Sorry to say it, he knows most people will turn up no matter what and is using it to his advantage. Until people stop going he will never change.

This bollocks about supporting the team but not the regime just doesn't wash, its just an excuse to not admit that you cant live without going to the game.

I'll follow the club on TV/radio and in the media. No more going to games for me now. I won't set foot inside St James until Ashley is gone. Simple as that.

You are having a laugh aren't you? That won't happen in a million years.

You are having a laugh aren't you? That won't happen in a million years.

No, as I just said, this is a hypothetical question, ffs! :lol:

But have you stopped to consider how you'd feel watching the team win something whilst you're boycotting the club?