Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hang on? do we support newcastle united or hughton united?

If people are serious about giving up supporting their club over this then f*** off and support man u. Unreal

It's not about giving up on the club, it's about forcing Ashleys hand to sell

Hate to break it to you Rock, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to force Ashley's hand to sell.

See: Election, General 2010 for an example.

Will still support NUFC in the same way.

In the cold light of day nothing has really changed over the last week. The owner is still a maverick who could at any moment make a stupid decision, we still have the same playing squad, we still have the same financial resources available to spend in January, and our acquisition policy is still based in the main upon youth/loans, and we have a relatively unproven manager, and we will still get beaten by Liverpool.

The main difference I suppose is that the atmosphere at home games will be more hostile, but the team hasn't been playing well at home anyway, so it is not as if the supporter unrest is going to topple fortress St. James's.

The idea of not going to games in principle to hurt Ashley's pocket and watching it on TV is a bit daft. If all Newcastle fans cancelled Sky subscriptions then they would put less games on the TV, and hence less income. So why don't you do that as well?

:thup:

Guest jeffers09

This one has defeantley knocked me sidewards im not sure which direction to go in at the momment im struggling to read about it couldnt even listen to the guy on ssn a minuite ago,ive got the next 3 aways booked then i'll take it from there...

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme fucking Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

Presumably you'd never heard of NUFC a decade ago?

what an absolute load of bollocks. given the state the club's been in since ashley took control the situations aren't comparable.

Will still support NUFC in the same way.

In the cold light of day nothing has really changed over the last week. The owner is still a maverick who could at any moment make a stupid decision, we still have the same playing squad, we still have the same financial resources available to spend in January, and our acquisition policy is still based in the main upon youth/loans, and we have a relatively unproven manager, and we will still get beaten by Liverpool.

The main difference I suppose is that the atmosphere at home games will be more hostile, but the team hasn't been playing well at home anyway, so it is not as if the supporter unrest is going to topple fortress St. James's.

The idea of not going to games in principle to hurt Ashley's pocket and watching it on TV is a bit daft. If all Newcastle fans cancelled Sky subscriptions then they would put less games on the TV, and hence less income. So why don't you do that as well?

because it's not direct income, therefore money that isn't as easily kept away from him, it's extremely easy to starve him of our money, just don't go. and the main thing that HAS changed is that now he's got someone there who won't even attempt to stand up to him or derek like keegan or latterly hughton. Alan Pardew's job description is very likely to be train and pick the team, and nothing else, why else would they have appointed one of their mates for five years? the club is now simply a money making exercise for mike ashley, and nothing more.

hang on? do we support newcastle united or hughton united?

We support Newcastle united, but currently its not Newcastle united, its a massive joke of an Advert for the fat bastards cheap shyte sports retailers.

and the only way we as supporters can get him to listen is to talk with our wallets.

The fat clown knows that week in and week out the die hard fans will pay they're money to go and see the team play, and its this greatest asset of the club, that he and his crew are raping on a pinball machine.

Guest Ridzuan

As far as supporting the team is concerned, I am 100% fully committed to it. In every match, I would like to see the team playing well and getting all the 3 points. But as far as supporting the management is concerned, I have absolutely lost my faith and trust in them. I am starting to question what their real motives when making some of the decisions that they did.

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme fucking Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

It's all relative, man.

Have you ever complained about your life in any way shape or form? If so, aren't you being hypocritical since there's millions of starving children in Africa?

This is the same thing, innit. Happiness and sadness are relative. If you've been used to a level of comfort for such a long time, when you experience the slight bit of discomfort (or a decrease in the level of comfort), you will complain, whinge, moan. It's natural, because these feelings are by default subjective. It's the same thing with supporting a club. I was disappointed that we finished 5th under SBR. I wanted him to stay, I supported him, the club, the players, but I was actually disappointed that we finished 5th, but that was because we had finished 4th and 3rd in the two prior seasons. If that makes me a gloryhunter or whatever then so be it. I want the club to consistently improve. Who likes mediocrity?

Now you come to this season, and I'd be fucking delighted if we survive. Does this mean that I'll be consistently happy if we survive? Nah, man. The goal is progress, improvement, striving to be better. I hope one day we're back in the CL, I hope we win the league title. Hell, I think that should be the end goal for any club - to rise to the top. But it's the relative fall that is making this moment such a heartbreaking one. The fall from 3rd to 5th wasn't a big one because we had money, we had the players, we had a once-in-a-generation manager (SBR), then we threw it all away, but we still had the money, we still had the stadium, we still had the players. Even when Souness was here, we still had money. We didn't expect relegation. We reasonable expected top 10, and hopefully within a couple of years, push on further even more.

But the fall this time is big. The fall is from having a promising, young manager taking charge of a young, hungry team who have just blitzed through the Championship and are doing so, so well for a newly-promoted team to an apathetic squad who will now no doubt struggle to survive, and managing them is a cliched 'give them a hard time, boys!' manager. We had a squad that played for Hughton, we have genuinely good and exciting players (Carroll, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Enrique, Colo etc.), so now the expected fall from this is huge. That's why this can be the final straw for many people. Where do we go from here? If Pardew comes in and alienates the foreign contingent, then I think that's pretty much Jonas, Colo and Enrique off in the summer. And If Pardew has come in with the mandate to priorities the finances, I think Carroll's probably off in the very near future as well. Where does that leave us? With a fucking cheap and dumb owner, bare squad, shit manager. You see what I'm getting at?

I'm completely apathetic, at this moment. I'll read the news, follow the team, still get excited about the matches, but there's always this nagging feeling that we're not going anywhere; that there's no light at the end of the tunnel, that's there's just mediocrity, survival in the Premiership and making sure we're profitable for Ashley until he's had enough. Then, and only then, will there be some genuine hope of us becoming good again.

Maybe it's because I (or we, if I'm correctly assessing the sentiments on here) feel we're entitled to having a good team, but so fucking what? Good is relative, anyway. We just want a team that has a future. I suppose we just want to be able to visualise us winning/competing. We really did have something good going on here, even with Ashley in charge. And now we're back to I don't know what. Worse than Kinnear since he was only a temporary manager. Worse than Big Sam because at least he had a good track record. Worse than Souness because we don't have the money and squad to fall back on. This is probably the worst state the club's been in since the early 90s. It's actually not worse than the start of last season because we were playing in a shite league and were favourites for it. Now we have a squad that's probably as apathetic as the fans are, a manager who's admitted that he doesn't know the squad, and an owner who has been plotting for quite a while to replace the successful manager that we had a charge.

So yeah, this is a real low point, imo.

We had Graeme f***ing Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

Bit of a bollox pot realy like, i'm pretty sure if you ran the same poll 4-5 year ago you would have gotten similar results, people are obvioly pissed off that there manager was sacked withought reason only a few days ago.

I still want us to win every match, but it's a kind of begrudging support because Ashley's the only one who's going to benefit from us winning. You know he won't spend the money necessary to keep us improving, you know he won't spend the money that's needed for us to get back in the top 10, let alone challenge for a European place.

I want us to beat Liverpool on Saturday, I want us to survive this season, but I think we all know that in the long-term, we're not heading in the right direction (on purpose, too), and that's extremely worrying.

I will always want NUFC to win and I will go when I can.  I dont care what Pardew has to say, haven't seen the press conf, seen one, seem em all.  Platitude, cliche, waffle n flattery.  More importantly I gather his employers were too scared to show.

I wont be buying any toon merchandise for the kids for two reasons, the second being the kids kits are shite.  Never buy a drink in there as I'd rather spend it elsewhere.  Whaiting to hear about a helicopter malfunction if  i'm honest.

I will always want NUFC to win and I will go when I can.  I dont care what Pardew has to say, haven't seen the press conf, seen one, seem em all.  Platitude, cliche, waffle n flattery.  More importantly I gather his employers were too scared to show.

I wont be buying any toon merchandise for the kids for two reasons, the second being the kids kits are shite.  Never buy a drink in there as I'd rather spend it elsewhere.  Whaiting to hear about a helicopter malfunction if  i'm honest.

:laugh:

This thread highlights how a minority on the forum wear the damage from getting it up the ass by the owner as a badge of courage.  All it will soon highlight in a few months is that the pharaoh can take a shit on the peasants as much as he likes.  Ashley is using the same playbook that the first asshole who stumbled upon a barley field near the Tigris wrote. 

This thread highlights how a minority on the forum wear the damage from getting it up the ass by the owner as a badge of courage.  All it will soon highlight in a few months is that the pharaoh can take a shit on the peasants as much as he likes.  Ashley is using the same playbook that the first asshole who stumbled upon a barley field near the Tigris wrote.  

:lol: Poetic words.

I don't get to many games anyway due to the distance involved and the fact that they're only really my second team.  I enjoy going to the games too much to stop though.  I've got a ticket for Wigan away and i'll be coming down for the Arsenal game in Feb aswell.  With the 5-1 game that makes 3 this season which is about all i'd usually be able to afford/find time for anyway.  So to answer the question, yes my support will likely remain the same.  I'll only stop going when i stop enjoying it.

Guest marky555

I'm not going on boxing day anymore, was really looking forward to it as well.

Same. Fucking love home games around Christmas time and now it's just completely ruined. Our first home game on Boxing Day for fucking ages and its been well and truly spoilt.

Never thought I wouldn't renew but seriously considering it now. If it wasn't for my loyalty points the decision would be a lot easier. Having said that, I would really hate missing games but I just don't know how I can justify giving this crook my money anymore which he's using to wreck my club.

Torn. :undecided:

Never thought I wouldn't renew but seriously considering it now. If it wasn't for my loyalty points the decision would be a lot easier. Having said that, I would really hate missing games but I just don't know how I can justify giving this crook my money anymore which he's using to wreck my club.

Torn. :undecided:

Same here.

I will be continuing on as normal.

At the end of the day when you support a football team you sign up for the highs and lows. Ashley will be gone one day and things will be better, thats the way it is. There is no way I could possible turn a blind eye to Newcastle. When they are playing I couldnt ignore the game and not check up on it/watch it etc. I would also miss going over to Newcastle as well. Right now we are at rock bottom and it certainly doesnt feel like our club anymore but times will change eventually.