Fc United of Newcastle or FC United Newcastle

Guest geoffasenna

Guest geoffasenna

How long before something like this happens??? To my knowledge the Evo Stik Div 1 would accept a club specially if they have big enough crowds. surely enough is enough with Ashley and Co. Any Ideas??? i sick to the back teeth with whats happening

Nah would sooner follow one of the local non-league clubs who need the cash. Add a couple of thousand to Gateshead's gates and they could get in the Football League for example.

This. Support a local club that's already around. I can't speak for my own support as I'm down south, don't know enough about Gateshead the club. But if I was up there I'd just go to more Gateshead games. Why start another club when there's another there, which a lot of you guys already have affinity with, waiting to be supported?

By the way City Of Newcastle FC wouldnt work!

I'm sure Mike Ashley would love to be the owner of CON FC.

He is already in everything but name

I've supported Newcastle all my life and I can't turn it on or off like a tap. But the motivation to watch them, whether live or on tv has took a big dive. I just hope sooner or later this dark stain on our history is over.

I'd say the majority of fans of other non-league clubs dislike FC United of Manchester.

The Manchester area for example had lots of existing non-league clubs (Droylsden, Hyde, Ashton, Curzon Ashton, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Salford, Traford, Maine Road), and whilst you can't but admire the passion of the FCUM fans, to see the other teams around there struggling for support whilst they thrive doesn't go down too well.

I'd say the majority of fans of other non-league clubs dislike FC United of Manchester.

The Manchester area for example had lots of existing non-league clubs (Droylsden, Hyde, Ashton, Curzon Ashton, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Salford, Traford, Maine Road), and whilst you can't but admire the passion of the FCUM fans, to see the other teams around there struggling for support whilst they thrive doesn't go down too well.

Yeah, if it does turn out to be Pardew (which is 99% now) I'll be following Gateshead from now on. We wouldn't be frowned upon by current Gateshead fans as "glory hunters" or whatever would we? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Doubt any heed fans would turn down increased attendances and revenue when it could be the platform to push them that step up.

Doubt any heed fans would turn down increased attendances and revenue when it could be the platform to push them that step up.

More the merrier. We already have a lot of fans who watch both Newcastle & Gateshead.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nah would sooner follow one of the local non-league clubs who need the cash. Add a couple of thousand to Gateshead's gates and they could get in the Football League for example.

I'd follow Gateshead if it came to it