What if...

number09

Guest tlatish

... Pardew gets us to finish in the top half, will you  :clap: for Ashley's decision?

No... I'm stubborn like that. My wife taught me.

Definately not.  That is a totally short sighted view on a man with a 5.5 yr contract.  If he's still here in 5 yr I will  :clap:

Guest tlatish

... Pardew gets us to finish in the top half, will you  :clap: for Ashley's decision?

No... I'm stubborn like that. My wife taught me.

Oh.. and as above, he won't. I just hope Ashley's ego let's him go before he takes us down.

The only thing i'd applaud right now is the prolonged torture and murder of Mike Ashley.

Sounds terrible, but best case scenario for me right now is some mad supporter picks him off sometime in the near future. I would be perfectly fine with a dead Mike Ashley.

if Pardew gets us to finish top half i'll give him all the credit he deserves. i'm not happy about the way he's gone about getting this job and have thought he was an irritating prick in the past, but i'm willing to give him a chance to succeed.

Ashley on the other hand gets no credit for the simple reason that the appointment hasn't been made with any football logic in mind. Similar to when he appointed Hughton in fact - he didnt do that cos he thought Hughton would make a good manager but for other reasons.

saying that we're only a couple of position away from the top half...

The only thing i'd applaud right now is the prolonged torture and murder of Mike Ashley.

I'm assuming he must be capable of doing that otherwise why was he appointed? If you just wanted to narrowly avoid relegation you could just stuck with Hughton on a much shorter contract.

Aye.

if Pardew gets us to finish top half i'll give him all the credit he deserves. i'm not happy about the way he's gone about getting this job and have thought he was an irritating prick in the past, but i'm willing to give him a chance to succeed.

Ashley on the other hand gets no credit for the simple reason that the appointment hasn't been made with any football logic in mind. Similar to when he appointed Hughton in fact - he didnt do that cos he thought Hughton would make a good manager but for other reasons.

this

My feelings spot on.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

What if Alan Pardew was Ian Dowies brother?

When I first heard Pardew's name mentioned in the Hughton thread a couple of months back I gave my opinion on the arsehole back then. If he proves me and everyone else wrong then fair play. But it's not our job to support this twat who we never asked for in the first place, it's HIS job to win games and prove Ashley and cockney chums have got it right.

I am neither a big fan of Ashley nor his solicitor but I can understand his decision in a way - not the timing. I am neutral on Pardew so I wish him and the players the best for the rest of the season - anything better than 18th is a decent finishing position. Fair play to Hughton, he managed to bring us back immediately to the PL - but tbh with the quality of the players left the only thing needed was a sensible approach, some decent performances and a bit of luck. He achieved that easily and he grew with the games. Still: we've lost/drawn to some of the "opponents againt relegation" at home, the tough times are still ahead - no matter who's at the helm. Get behind the players and give Pardew a chance - not Ashley.

Never i would rather drag my arse over broken glass TBH

People seam to forget that this has been planned for months, Pardrew is also responsible for the turmoil the club is in as well as fatt cunt and diso dekka