Birmingham v Newcastle Pre-Match Thread - rearranged for Tuesday 15th February

Ameritoon

Guest prestonj1989

Got back about an hour ago. Got to Peterborough and then just got on my connecting train to Birmingham when I got the message. Ended up getting off in some random place (Stamford) and being stuck there for 2 hours. To make the day better when waiting for return train a bird dropped one on me :)

To be fair, if it's anything like where I am near Watford, it would be quite difficult to see how they could have got this on. We had shitloads this morning, just not enough time to sort it out properly imo, if it was yesterday then yes.

If the two teams are there and the pitch is playable, the game should always go ahead like.

True, unfortunately:

http://www.liverpoolfsc.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/HillsboroughMemorial.jpg

Guest prestonj1989

in my experience brummie lasses are kinda loose/easy

`To make the day better when waiting for return train a bird dropped one on me Smile `

one assumes thats what you are refering to ?

Maybe I should have phrased it better. I meant:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv157/prestonj1989/bird.jpg

If the two teams are there and the pitch is playable, the game should always go ahead like.

True, unfortunately:

http://www.liverpoolfsc.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/HillsboroughMemorial.jpg

What?! :lol:

2 mile from the stadium, brummies are puffs end of.

Howay man, the snow was mental up there today.

Begs the question as to why, if it was that bad and the forecast was for worse to follow, it still was going ahead at 9.00 this morning?  ???

Begs the question as to why, if it was that bad and the forecast was for worse to follow, it still was going ahead at 9.00 this morning?  ???

Well yeah, definitely.  We were half an hour from Birmingham when we heard at 12 o'clock or whatever it was.

Well yeah, definitely.  We were half an hour from Birmingham when we heard at 12 o'clock or whatever it was.

That's my only gripe with calling it off tbh. Obviously the weather is shite down there and everyone has been expecting it for a few days so it's not a surprise that it's called off.

The shitter is the fact they had an inspection at 9.00 this morning, just as wor fans were leaving, and called the game on. To then change their minds totally 3 hours later as the expected snow hit Birmingham leaving wor fans stranded is bang out of order. If the match is off - fine. But at least make the decision early enough to let the travelling fans know before they're too far into their journey. That's the pisser.

Fucking joke how any game in the top league is called off when the Championship has games going ahead.

Not really, match wasn't called off because a Premier League team's pitch was unplayable, but given the deluge of snow that fell in such a short space of time and it being a stadium right in the middle of England's "second city" (with a very popular city centre shopping complex, the weekend before Xmas) - it was called off for safety reasons.

Was always going to be called off when the volume of snow was so great  this morning. The Chelsea situation is very different and Coventry's stadium is in a shithole and out of town, serviced by major (gritted) roads.

Not strictly correct that.

Fucking joke how any game in the top league is called off when the Championship has games going ahead.

Not really, match wasn't called off because a Premier League team's pitch was unplayable, but given the deluge of snow that fell in such a short space of time and it being a stadium right in the middle of England's "second city" (with a very popular city centre shopping complex, the weekend before Xmas) - it was called off for safety reasons.

Was always going to be called off when the volume of snow was so great  this morning. The Chelsea situation is very different and Coventry's stadium is in a shithole and out of town, serviced by major (gritted) roads.

Not strictly correct that.

Nowt he says is.