Daily Mail: Qatar group interested in Newcastle buyout

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

f***ing hell man who's put that statement there? Stupid.

f***ing hell, sorry Scrooge :lol:

As if it was at all believable anyway.

Thought you'd only just come back from a ban? :lol:

Didn't realise people had a sense of humour transplant while I was gone.

A club statement in the middle of the night ffs :lol:

Nowt to do with sense of humour but can't imagine people opening a thread who didn't know it's a joke would be chuffed when they see a thread saying "Qatari group interested in Newcastle buyout" followed by a "statement from the club" with a link to the official site, only to find out it's a joke. :lol:

Especially with what's happened the last 10 days.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think they are linked to the royal family over there with about £30b plus what they get from the WC of course  :coolsmiley:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll be honest, and i know this will encourage ribbing but i would hate to copy the Man City model.

If we did get taken over i would like to make strides progressively, not try for quick success.

I really believe to compliment what we have, we are only another 3 players away from regular top half premier league

A premiership quality centre forward (Elmander)

A premiership quality right midfielder (Larsson)

A premiership quality right back

Guest Tall Striker

I'll be honest, and i know this will encourage ribbing but i would hate to copy the Man City model.

If we did get taken over i would like to make strides progressively, not try for quick success.

I really believe to compliment what we have, we are only another 3 players away from regular top half premier league

A premiership quality centre forward (Elmander)

A premiership quality right midfielder (Larsson)

A premiership quality right back

f*** off. I want Messi, Ronaldo and Dani Alves in or im not renewing my ST.

Only we could be taken over by a multi-billion pound Eastern group and still go for good deals :lol:

We don't have to go to the extremes of Man City and throw money at players, but with 40 billion in the bank, I'd like to think we'd aim higher than Larsson and Elmander.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only we could be taken over by a multi-billion pound Eastern group and still go for good deals :lol:

We don't have to go to the extremes of Man City and throw money at players, but with 40 billion in the bank, I'd like to think we'd aim higher than Larsson and Elmander.

Would that sit comfortably with you

I know a lot of man city fans resent their big earning mercenaries. We would have to copy that model in the first instance as players would only come for money.

Larsson and Elmander would represent value in the short term, particularly in light of their contract situstions and they would improve us.

Guest Geordiesned

There's not a lot of point in getting a sugar daddy as Man City and Chelsea have done after this season as new UEFA rules mean you can't spend beyond your means. So the days of clubs making mega signings funded by owners which far exceed their profits will be over.

I'd hate to be taken over by these tbh, I'd hate the club to become like Man City. I'd rather suffer pain and dissapointment to progress slowly, and properly.