Daily Mail: Qatar group interested in Newcastle buyout

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think they will hire Zinden Zidan for us.... They will pay him 1 million until 2022 anyways..... I am sure they will build a new stadium as well with an opition of heater seat... I also think it is why Tevez wants to live Man shity to sign for us in January for 500k a week....

I'm confused. The statement is a joke right, as link is not to that article. But now it's been put in op...?

The NUFC website is acting up mate. That link will be live again soon.

Can't help feeling a bit scared of what this Qatar group will do. Guess it will be better than Ashley, but still...COULD get ugly(/ier).

regardless of whether this is true or not, would people really want a team of mercenary twats? If this does ever happen I hope they have a sensible tranfer policy as Pardew and Ashley apart, I quite like watching the current lot play as it looks like most of them give a shit.

Can't help feeling a bit scared of what this Qatar group will do. Guess it will be better than Ashley, but still...COULD get ugly(/ier).

regardless of whether this is true or not, would people really want a team of mercenary twats? If this does ever happen I hope they have a sensible tranfer policy as Pardew and Ashley apart, I quite like watching the current lot play as it looks like most of them give a s***.

That was my first thought as well. I would hate for us to be a money wasting buy-team like City.

interesting if they do buy an english club having bribed their way to the WC (probably) at the expense of England in the same bidding circus albeit for a different WC

be hilarious, the rest of the country could hate us for that too, imagine the "media hates us" thread :lol:

regardless of whether this is true or not, would people really want a team of mercenary twats? If this does ever happen I hope they have a sensible tranfer policy as Pardew and Ashley apart, I quite like watching the current lot play as it looks like most of them give a s***.

That was my first thought as well. I would hate for us to be a money wasting buy-team like City.

I would rather see them choose the right players for the club, not some money grabbing twat.  Keegan did that first time round, not only were they good, they also cared which is borne out in the fact that most of his team still live in the region or have links to NUFC.

Guest magpie99

This is old news, regenerated by the press from initially over 12 months ago when the Emir of Qatar was allegedly interested in buying us when Ashley put the club up for sale. Also, a couple of weeks ago, it was reported they were supposed to be looking at Spurs and Everton before us anyway.

In my opinion, it is all bollox. We are never going to get rid of Ashley

Yeah, my thoughts too. In any case, the new regs will restrict the ability of owners to bankroll a club. I'm hoping for a level playing field, rather than joining the big spenders.