Formations

Tooj

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_(association_football)#4.E2.80.933.E2.80.932.E2.80.931_.28the_.22Christmas_Tree.22_formation.29

I'd love to see a team play 1-6-3 :lol:

The 1–6–3 formation was first utilized by Japan at the behest of General Yoshijiro Umezu in 1936. Famously, Japan defeated the heavily favored Swedish team 3–2 at the 1936 Olympics with the unorthodox 1–6–3 formation, before going down 8–0 to Italy

:lol:

It's ludicrous how some managers favour a formation and try to shoehorn players into it with seemingly little regard of whether they are suitable. Allardyce was the classic example.

Keegan's 4-3-1-2 was arguably the most dynamic formation i've ever seen for us. The way it was tailor-made to suit every single member of the starting eleven was just fantastic. Especially how it was with a side that hadn't won for about three months.

Keegan's 4-3-1-2 was arguably the most dynamic formation i've ever seen for us. The way it was tailor-made to suit every single member of the starting eleven was just fantastic. Especially how it was with a side that hadn't won for about three months.

:thup:

And he made players like Butt and Geremi look good.