Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Tiote wasn't extremely lucky not to get sent off.

he was.

:neutral:

pardew saw it as many others did, get him off before he's sent off as he was deliberatly leaving feet in all over and it was getting more and more blatant.

he was.

Thanks for being honest.

Loads of people were saying exactly the same and wanting him subbed before he walked during the game tbh. We're not blind! :lol:

he was.

Thanks for being honest.

I'm suprised you know what honesty is.

unfortunatly for many on here and many other message boards, honesty is when someone is in agreeance with yourself.

he was.

Thanks for being honest.

unfortunatly for many on here and many other message boards, honesty is when someone is in agreeance with yourself.

Not for a Spurs fan. Honesty is being blindly biased towards the team and feeling like the whole world is against you. It's the Harry-way :thup:

Guest kingdawson

he was.

Thanks for being honest.

You're the guy that kept going on about Defoe's elbow connecting with Collins' face then finally realising it was a forearm right?

he was.

Thanks for being honest.

You're the guy that kept going on about Defoe's elbow connecting with Collins' face then finally realising it was a forearm right?

doesn't really matter providing there was contact...the rest is semantic.

Think the commentator said today that Carroll has scored 5 goals with his head this season, all of which have come after a pass/cross from Joey Barton. WE NEED WINGERS THAT CAN CROSS. If we are going to play 4-5-1 away from home with three defensive MCs like today then I can´t see us scoring many goals as our wingers simply don´t offer enough. Need a Robert-esque player on the wing, Jonas can´t cross or shoot for shit (still can´t believe he scored that wonder goal against Barnsley(?) last season)

Pretty depressing how the fortunes of these two clubs have gone in exactly opposite directions over the past five years.

We used to be competitive with this lot. When will that happen again?

You'll have a long wait........

Ok,we were beaten 2-0,their first goal was class,could Perch have closed Lennon down quicker?The second was a speculative hard driven cross that any forward would have been proud of.

We played well but lacked any sort of service from the wings.For once Bartons set pieces were poor.

No disgrace in todays result,we will not go down,nor will we be top 6.

We are a couple of players(and an in depth squad)away from being a top 5 side,keep the faith and we will get there.

Woah.. I did agree with all of that however we are a long, long way from being top 5 side.  This is still, for the most part, the team that had got us relegated after all.

No this isn't the same team that got us relagated,the attitude has changed,they play as a team and for the shirt,more than could be said for Duff,Martins and Owen.

But we are still 2-3 players away from being a top 5 side.

So are the likes of Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham - even, dare we say it, our nearest and dearest neighbours....are we going to spend the money on those 3 players(and that's the MINIMUM we need, by the way), and will they come to SJP even if Ashley has a brainstorm and stumps up the cash...???