Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Amazing what two wingers who can produce something can do for you mind. Oh for the days of Robert and Solano.

This, would love to see Caroll have that sort of service.

Even Ginola and Gillespie would do

:lol:

I'm glad you spotted it, they were both light years away from the shite we've got now :lol:

Suggest people calm down and put this game into it's rightful context.

Does that mean we have to give Chelsea and Arsenal their points back?

Points against Chelsea and Arsenal were above and beyond what most expected.  We got beaten by a better team today, what's your point?

Amazing amount of kneejerk reactions on here.  Too sloppy passages of defending cost us today simple as.

and the inability to create any sort of attack.

and I'm not leaving until everyone agrees that it is not the fault of Pardew's tactics or (forced) team selection but the obvious lack depth in the quality in the squad.

You will be here a long time, we had no need to lump it forward at every opportunity vs team men. We had players on the pitch capable of bringing the ball forward without resorting to that.

Bizzarre

TOTTENHAM

NEWCASTLE

Possession

* Tottenham 50%

* Newcastle 50%

Attempts on target

* Tottenham 8

* Newcastle 8

Attempts off target

* Tottenham 5

* Newcastle 4

Corners

* Tottenham 9

* Newcastle 7

Fouls

* Tottenham 9

* Newcastle 16

Don't think you've understood/interpreted my post correctly.

It seems that a few people think we're not allowed to take points off the better teams, the context is, we can when we have a go at them.

Guest Geordie Magpie

Well that was an ordeal to sit through. The start of it was boring as and no one seemed to have any interest if I'm honest. Awful performance and obvious result. Don't know why I put myself through watching it, I may as well have just come online to find out what I knew was gonna happen before it started anyway.

Sorry everyone but I'm a bit irritated after that like.

Guest Geordie Magpie

Maybe Pardew will reverse the trend so we beat the poor teams but lose to the better ones.

The only thing Pardew is going to reverse is NUFC being in the premiership.

Seconded.

It was hardly a disasterous performance. We competed well for the most part, Barton had an off day, AC had little to work with and we missed Nolan and Enrique. [/brokenrecord]

Some people seem to find it difficult to understand that Spurs are just a far far better side than us at the minute. We did OK in a game we weren't expected to win. I have still not seen anything this season, barring Mike going terminator on our squad in January, that makes me think we won't stay up. And that was the aim at the start of the season and should still be now.

It was hardly a disasterous performance. We competed well for the most part, Barton had an off day, AC had little to work with and we missed Nolan and Enrique. [/brokenrecord]

Some people seem to find it difficult to understand that Spurs are just a far far better side than us at the minute. We did OK in a game we weren't expected to win. I have still not seen anything this season, barring Mike going terminator on our squad in January, that makes me think we won't stay up. And that was the aim at the start of the season and should still be now.

I agree. We've shown enough in the last two games, despite the disappointment and defeats, to demonstrate we've got a lot more about us than we did when we went down. It's not impossible, but it seems very unlikely. If the squad is decimated yet further (by injuries or sales) it could change but we don't look a team poor enough to go down at the moment.

Positives:

Tiote didn't go down like a fairy like his compatriots after being headbutted.

Tiote's new haircut made him look like Mr.T.

Tiote didnt get sent off and got some other plonker sent off.

Tiote looked like an angry Gary Coleman just after Kaboul was sent off.

Guest neesy111

Maybe Pardew will reverse the trend so we beat the poor teams but lose to the better ones.

Seconded.

Aye, after games v Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.  3 of the top 7 last season anyone can make that judgement.  Total lunacy.

Positives:

Tiote didn't go down like a fairy like his compatriots after being headbutted.

Tiote's new haircut made him look like Mr.T.

Tiote didnt get sent off and got some other plonker sent off.

:lol:

I particularly liked the second one. A positive about the game is one of our players' haircut.

Guest neesy111

Well said sir.

Seconded.

Aye, after games v Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.  3 of the top 7 last season anyone can make that judgement.  Total lunacy.

What is, your sentence structure? What the fuck does the second one mean? It's like The Times cryptic crossword man.

Guest neesy111

Seconded.

What is, your sentence structure? What the fuck does the second one mean? It's like The Times cryptic crossword man.

How ppl can judge a manager is going to take us down after his 1st 3 games are against 3 of the top 7 from last season.  May as well judge any manager on single games at that rate.

Seconded.

How ppl can judge a manager is going to take us down after his 1st 3 games are against 3 of the top 7 from last season.  May as well judge any manager on single games at that rate.

I know what you mean, but you really don't help yourself. Take time to plan what you are going to say, maybe write it out and read it back to yourself a few times before you click submit.