Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Guest neesy111

It's now almost 5 years since Alan Smith last scored a league goal.  Even for a DM that is a shocking statistic.

he was an english international as a striker, cant be such a mad choice considering a) we dont have strikers and b) at least he wont fark up the midfield

who the hell are you? and did you just register to post such bollocks?

;D

Speculation amongst journos that Smith will play up front building!

That, gentlemen, is the sound of the barrel being scraped. Our best option upfront is Alan fucking Smith. Fuck me.

That, gentlemen, is the sound of the barrel being scraped. Our best option upfront is Alan fucking Smith. Fuck me.

Steve Harper

he was an english international as a striker, cant be such a mad choice considering a) we dont have strikers and b) at least he wont fark up the midfield

no need to be a twat? i thought i was make a pretty valid point. he did represent england as a striker did he not?

if he HAD TO PLAY in the team, i would rather it was as striker than as midfielder

If Pardew is still overlooking Ranger because he's attitude isn't good and he's playing Smith instead he needs sacking on the spot. He needs to pick the best XI possible and Smith shouldn't be anywhere near it.

That, gentlemen, is the sound of the barrel being scraped. Our best option upfront is Alan f***ing Smith. f*** me.

Is anyone taking this seriously...if this happens i will drink a three litre bottle of my own......

homemade lemonade. slurp! yum!  :aww:

no need to be a twat? i thought i was make a pretty valid point. he did represent england as a striker did he not?

if he HAD TO PLAY in the team, i would rather it was as striker than as midfielder

Trouble is however that Smith has himself said that he can't play upfront any more as he can't turn around on his ankle.

If Pardew is still overlooking Ranger because he's attitude isn't good and he's playing Smith instead he needs sacking on the spot. He needs to pick the best XI possible and Smith shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I quite agree. It's either Souness-like stubborness/ego tripping or completely absymal judgement.

Guest neesy111

I quite agree. It's either Souness-like stuborness/ego tripping or completely absymal judgement.

I remember Big Sam picking Smith upfront and Martins on the wing for a home game.  Martins looked like he couldn't believe what he was watching.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ranger has pace to stretch defences, but apart from that I have seen little else to suggest he is our best option

It is time for jonas rout and barton to join Nolan in contributing to the goal tally.

Smith could surprise a few people. He will work the line, challenge for every ball.

I quite agree. It's either Souness-like stubborness/ego tripping or completely absymal judgement.

Bingo.

That's exactly what it is. (If the journos are right obviously)

Guest pont-toon

If Alan Smith plays upfront, then Parde

If Alan Smith plays upfront, then Pardew should be sacked on the spot.

w should be sacked on the spot.

if he plays up front and we lose then i'm with you 100%

if he plays up front and we draw then Pardew should be given credit

if he plays up front and we win then Pardew is the new messiah

fickle me? - course i am !

Is there any Southampton connection? I know Pardew wasn't there at the time, but is there now anyone in our backroom staff? Or maybe some chums at Southampton phoned him to warn him off.

Why are people taking it as fact? :lol: Usually the journos down south are talking crap, but as soon as it's an opportunity to slate Pardew, it's taken as stone fact?

Notice the word 'if' in there?

I've read quite a few without the word 'if' in there.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ranger has pace to stretch defences, but apart from that I have seen little else to suggest he is our best option

It is time for jonas rout and barton to join Nolan in contributing to the goal tally.

Smith could surprise a few people. He will work the line, challenge for every ball.

He won't do anything up front man :lol:

By that token I've seen little from Jonas, Rout or Barton to suggest they will contribute to the goals tally. Let's apply the same standards as you are applying to Ranger. At least he has the excuse that he hasn't started many games.

By that token I've seen little from Jonas, Rout or Barton to suggest they will contribute to the goals tally. Let's apply the same standards as you are applying to Ranger. At least he has the excuse that he hasn't started many games.

He's scored 2 and had about 5 or 6 assists this season to be fair.