Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Think this could be like the West Ham away game, we  really need something to take from it, otherwise we're in a bit of bother. We did get something from East London, three points in fact.

Milner would be rubbish in goal to be fair.

Who knows? ;) I remember Jan Koller in Borussia Dortmund few years ago - after red card for goalie with no substitution available he went into goal. For sure, clean sheet.

He was in the team of the week at the end ;)

Guest Heneage

So it's Pardew's fault Ranger is still turning up late for training and not applying himself? I'm all for hating the new guy but Ranger's lacked even the basics of professionalism for a while now so to blame Pardew for highlighting it is crazy.

So it's Pardew's fault Ranger is still turning up late for training and not applying himself? I'm all for hating the new guy but Ranger's lacked even the basics of professionalism for a while now so to blame Pardew for highlighting it is crazy.

:thup:

I can't understand why people want to ignore stuff like that. Well I can because they want a partner for Carroll but given a lot of our success has been down to the team spirit are we prepared to rip that apart just to give Ranger a chance.

Doesn't send out a good message tbh.

Ranger is 19 years old, it's not unusual for people his age to lack maturity and it's his job to get Ranger to change.  I had somebody who kept turning up for work late so I sent a taxi around to his house at his expense, he soon learned that it was better for him to make his own way to work on time.  If I was Pardew I would have a taxi sitting outside of Rangers house an hour before the start of training and the cost would come out of his wages.

Pardew is old enough to be his father and should know by now that you sometimes have to do things different with different people and at times think out of the box.

Ranger is 19 years old, it's not unusual for people his age to lack maturity and it's his job to get Ranger to change.  I had somebody who kept turning up for work late so I sent a taxi around to his house at his expense, he soon learned that it was better for him to make his own way to work on time.  If I was Pardew I would have a taxi sitting outside of Rangers house an hour before the start of training and the cost would come out of his wages.

Pardew is old enough to be his father and should know by now that you sometimes have to do things different with different people and at times think out of the box.

Sorry but don't agree with that one bit. If Ranger thinks he's mature enough for the first-team, then he should grow up off the pitch too.

Is sending a taxi round for Ranger going to work though? He must be on what? £10k a week?

Will he really care that the taxi is costing him £50 sitting outside his house waiting for him?

I agree with the sentiment but although at 19 he will still be immature if we wants to make it HE needs to take a lot of the responsibility. There are plenty of people that age who have already made it and want to work for it. It's his career he will be throwing away. Wasn't Fabregas captain of Arsenal at around that age?

Is sending a taxi round for Ranger going to work though? He must be on what? £10k a week?

Will he really care that the taxi is costing him £50 sitting outside his house waiting for him?

I agree with the sentiment but although at 19 he will still be immature if we wants to make it HE needs to take a lot of the responsibility. There are plenty of people that age who have already made it and want to work for it. It's his career he will be throwing away. Wasn't Fabregas captain of Arsenal at around that age?

I bet the likes of Vuckic, Ferguson, etc have no problems getting in on time.

The funny thing is, Hughton would often bring Ranger off the bench and leave Lovenkrands sitting with his coat on. But he was clearly far more comfortable putting Lovenkrands in the starting Xl, as if he was making a point of not starting Ranger.