Robbie Keane - ja oder nein?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The links to Keane seem to be getting quite strong, and Pardew didn't exactly rule it out in today's presser. Just wondering what the general consensus is; what better way than a poll? Fucking amazing.

Personally I would be happy to see him come in on loan but would worry too much about his age to sign him permanently.

He pretty much saved Celtic from finishing 3rd last season but he was effectively just an overpaid seal-clubber in our league.  I've not seen enough of him in the EPL over the last 18 months to really judge.

Can he still run much?

If everything is sensible (fee, wages etc.) then yes to signing him. Worst case, loan til the end of the season. Think he's still a great player and exactly what we need.

Those saying definitely 'no' just need to look at our striking options after Carroll to change their minds. We need Premership quality, and we need it in January.

Keane > Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Best

He pretty much saved Celtic from finishing 3rd last season but he was effectively just an overpaid seal-clubber in our league.  I've not seen enough of him in the EPL over the last 18 months to really judge.

Can he still run much?

Brendan Foster still runs much.I think when,I've seen him that he's definitely lost a yard.

Wouldn't want him here long term but he could is significantly better than Shola or Lovenkrands and could dovetail quite well with Carroll.

Loan deal would be best to get us through til May then reassess the situation.

Can he still run much?

Brendan Foster still runs much.I think when,I've seen him that he's definitely lost a yard.

What I mean is that I think we really need someone quick. Doesn't even have to be the best finisher, just someone who can worry defences with pace. We miss that in attacking positions, obviously losing Ben Arfa fucked it.

If everything is sensible (fee, wages etc.) then yes to signing him. Worst case, loan til the end of the season. Think he's still a great player and exactly what we need.

Those saying definitely 'no' just need to look at our striking options after Carroll to change their minds. We need Premership quality, and we need it in January.

Keane > Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Best

This, pretty much.

Can he still run much?

Tbh a lot of the goals i saw him score for Celtic were poachers goals.  The old firm tend to have the opposition pinned back for most of the game so there's not the same need for a pacey striker to score on the break.  I have to say though i was a lot more impressed with Craig Bellamy when he was at Celtic but that was a few years back.

Guest Heneage

Yes buy him.

We need to build a squad of good players that offer us a variety of options tactically. I'd imagine any contract we offer will be similar to Pardew's. A good basic salary with good performance bonuses.

With the bigger picture in mind, bar Carroll all of our Strikers simply aren't good enough. Best & Lovenkrands need to be moved on and Ranger requires a loan to work on his game and develop. The likelihood is that Lovenkrands will go first, followed by Xisco meaning the two most experienced strikers in the squad gone.

I'd also argue he'd provide good leadership in the absence of Kevin Nolan, if West Ham are willing to match his wage at Tottenham however there's only one place he's going.