Asian Cup 2011

oldtype

Scum of the Earth down 0-1. Go corrupt Middle Eastern dictatorship(aka Jordan)!

Commentator on Al Jazeera is so excited I think he's in the process of cumming in his pants.

ALLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH ALLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ALLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

?

:lol:

Fun fact about the Japanese: they deliberately chose the stadium where they lost to minnows Iraq (who had to play their home games in Qatar due to insufficient facilities) to crash out of the World Cup preliminaries in '94 as their training ground. Would make it all the more sweet if they managed to crash out of their group here.

It was the last day of Asian Qualifying and the Japanese needed to draw lose to Iraq and we needed to beat North Korea by two clear goals to get through.

North Korea blatantly threw the match just to f*** the old enemy over and we won 3:0. Probably the last real instance of North/South cooperation. :lol:

The Japanese were leading 2:1 up till extra time when they conceded from a corner, missing out on World Cup qualification yet again ('98 was their first time at the finals.)

We call that day the "The Miracle of Doha." The Japanese call it "The Tragedy of Doha."

:snod:

I can't believe we failed to even come close to qualifying for this shit.

The Koreans are the favourites, but the Iraqis have a decent team and you can never count out Saudi Arabia.

You're Thai right? Hiring Peter Reid and then Bryan Robson is never a recipe for success.

Reid was actually great. We actually played some good football with him, probably the best football we've played since the good days of Peter Withe, but Robson's been totally shit. He looks like he can't be arsed, his analysis of our play is beyond pathetic, he sticks with the same shit players in the same positions and none of our players have progressed under him. We've gone back about 5 years under Robson; total shite. Reid was surprisingly good. A lot of our youngsters stepped up under him, some of the older players were replaced and our play became much, much better. We suffered some shit luck under him, fluffed so many chances in so many important matches that ended up costing us wins and qualifications for tournaments, but the future looked bright under Reid. This is going to sound ridiculous, but we deserved to win and qualify for the second round of the Asian cup 4 years ago when we lost 4-0 to Australia at home. We really deserved to win that match. It would have been our first foray into the second round for nearly 40 years. I still don't know how they scored 4 and we scored none, but we deserved to win that match :lol:

I wanted Reid to stay, but he wanted to go back to England so you can't really do anything about that.

Robson will get fired very soon. We lost to fucking Singapore in our attempt to qualify for the Asian Cup, and in the ASEAN Championship, we got 2 points from 9 and got knocked out in the first round. It's the first time ever that we didn't win a match at the tournament - a tournament that we've won 3 out of the 8 times it's been played and been runner up twice after that. It's pretty much a tournament we've owned for god knows how long but Robson somehow managed us out of the first round without winning. Under Reid we scored a goal which was incorrectly ruled out for offside in the first leg of the final then lost a last minute goal after dominating the whole match in Vietnam so we ended up as runner up.

I have been crying out for Cahill and Kewell up front since Viduka retired :) India are rubbish and in no way an indicator of how the team is going. Average age of Aussies first 11 is 30 :/

<-------

It's a damned shame this guy isn't available...

I have been crying out for Cahill and Kewell up front since Viduka retired :) India are rubbish and in no way an indicator of how the team is going. Average age of Aussies first 11 is 30 :/

<-------

It's a damned shame this guy isn't available...

Cut his hair, he is dead to me... I wouldn't start him anyway.

I wasn't very impressed by the Aussies, they should have slaughtered the Indians. It's time they got rid of the golden oldies and give the younger players more time now. Think South Korea will beat them in a few days.