David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"United target David Bentley is likely to join Birmingham City after having a “must play every game” clause sanctioned by Alex McLeish, with the second city side also prepared to shell out over £70,000 per week to meet his wage demands. The ex-Arsenal and current Tottenham player was due to have a medical today."

What a complete joke. So glad we let this slip..

I agree that we done the right thing avoiding this disaster, but what makes you think what's been written is true?

My secret contacts.

:naughty:

"United target David Bentley is likely to join Birmingham City after having a “must play every game” clause sanctioned by Alex McLeish, with the second city side also prepared to shell out over £70,000 per week to meet his wage demands. The ex-Arsenal and current Tottenham player was due to have a medical today."

I agree that we done the right thing avoiding this disaster, but what makes you think what's been written is true?

I can believe it (though it may be slightly exagerated). It certainly fits in with Pards quote about how new players should not expect to just walk into the team.

:lol: if thats true

I would just sub him in during injury time to run down the clock...

I would just sub him in during injury time to run down the clock...

:lol: Bring him on the for the last 3 seconds of every game. "Well you're playing every game"

Yes, but it's bad for all parties...

Manager can't drop him even if he wanted to (say for tactical or fitness reasons).

Player doesn't have to bother his arse in training because he knows he is in the team regardless. There's no incentive to be motivated.

That's before you even consider the psychological impact on team mates.

Any manager that agrees to that deserves to be sacked.

That just sounds like complete nonsense. Where's it from? Pretty sure he's earning appreciably less than that at Spurs (from my secret contacts).

Secret contacts also suggest that Brum paid 2M to us to get him on loan. I find that more plausible, though still desperate.

That just sounds like complete nonsense. Where's it from? Pretty sure he's earning appreciably less than that at Spurs (from my secret contacts).

Secret contacts also suggest that Brum paid 2M to us to get him on loan. I find that more plausible, though still desperate.

:lol:

:lol:

My secret contacts tell me you might have thought I was being serious.

"United target David Bentley is likely to join Birmingham City after having a must play every game clause sanctioned by Alex McLeish, with the second city side also prepared to shell out over £70,000 per week to meet his wage demands. The ex-Arsenal and current Tottenham player was due to have a medical today."

My secret contacts.

I thought leffe was turning into "one of them" for a minute there :(

I just loved the phrase "secret contacts". "Agents" is even better, will use that next time.

Hopefully they'll stay up and give us a wodge of cash for him.