David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

his crossing ability is superb when hes on form which is what we need for our side with ac9, however i find it strange arry would sell someone to make room for a short term loan

so is ryan taylors when in form. bentley had a very good couple of month at blackburn and people went way over board about him.

Classy player, but I've seen so little of him over the last two years that I'm a bit nervous about the outcome of this one.

I was also hoping that we were going to sign someone with a bit of pace.

Still, as Midds said, if he comes with the right attitude, it should be a good buy.

To be fair, if there were any quotes to be had this would already be on the NUFC and/or Spurs official site. They seem particularly convinced about this, and given the propensity for Redknapp to blab to the press I think there could be something in this.

Aye that's fair. I must admit I wouldn't complain if it happened. Genuine improvement to the squad.

I am just determined to not get my hopes up for any potential signings.

Guest Chubby Jason

A friend of mine is a Spurs fan and he heard that when Bentley was at Blackburn he was good because he had nothing really to focus his attention on apart from his football. When he moved to Spurs he had all his mates as distractions so he lost focus and went shit (as we've seen over the past 2 1/2 years.)

He's obviously a good player but a bit of a bell-end and also mentally weak. If he can get back to playing like he did at Blackburn it would be a great signing, but his attitude and the fact that he's been below-par for so long means he'd be a risk...one worth taking though I think...

his crossing ability is superb when hes on form which is what we need for our side with ac9, however i find it strange arry would sell someone to make room for a short term loan

so is ryan taylors when in form. bentley had a very good couple of month at blackburn and people went way over board about him.

He's a bit better than a 'very good couple of months'.

Would love him but I think this is a smokescreen. We might well end up with Larsson from Birmingham instead.

i wouldn't exactly complain

Larrson's out of contract this year and he wouldn't command the wages Bentley does. Plus we've been trying to get him from a long time back.

Games    Goals  Assists

2006–07     36     4       11

2007–08      37     6       11

More than a good couple of months like.

That's very good stats.

But very poor columns.

Shove it up yer arse.

Games    Goals  Assists

2006–07     36     4       11

That's very good stats.

and stats are all they are. poor passes and mis hit shots become assists.

Games    Goals  Assists

2006–07     36     4       11

That's very good stats.

and stats are all they are. poor passes and mis hit shots become assists.

Eh?