David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The twitter ITK reckons we are closing in on Bentley. Yesterday he reckoned a £25 million deal for Carroll was close. IF Carroll was going to Spurs then wouldn't it make sense to include Bentley in the deal? So he really knows f*** all!

Not what is being said at Spurs.  Not close, not likely.

Yeah, would that be what Pardew and Redknapp has said?

Really not sure about this. If Pardew signs and starts him who do we drop? Barton, Tiote and Nolan are all undroppable imo.

You are looking at the game in the wrong way. Yes it would give us a selection headache but isn't that what having a strong squad is about? The same situation will occur when we have Gosling and Ben Arfa back anyway.

IMO we have a good first team, but now it's about squad building and adding to what we have got.

Really not sure about this. If Pardew signs and starts him who do we drop? Barton, Tiote and Nolan are all undroppable imo.

Its a squad thing.

Its about having serious options as, when Taylor went off last night, we had Williamson coming on instead of someone like Ramage or Huntington. 

You are looking at the game in the wrong way. Yes it would give us a selection headache but isn't that what having a strong squad is about? The same situation will occur when we have Gosling and Ben Arfa back anyway.

IMO we have a good first team, but now it's about squad building and adding to what we have got.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's great for the squad, but im saying if Pardew signs him and starts him.

I think we have decent options on the right anyway with Barton, Gosling and Routledge. I would be more concerned with squad players for the left, especially if we don't sign a striker as I would like to see Ben Arfa in a more forward role with Carroll.

Tend to agree with Decky, I'd much prefer to see us bring in a left winger to compete with Jonas rather than bring in a right winger like Bentley when we've got Barton and Routledge who can play there.

Personally think Barton should play right wing full time, his crossing is quality and he gets much better use out of that engine of his playing from out there. His passing is a bit too hit and miss to really be a quality CM, which out wide isn't really an issue.

Won't be upset to see Bentley come in if it happens though, as said it's always nice to have options.

Tend to agree with Decky, I'd much prefer to see us bring in a left winger to compete with Jonas rather than bring in a right winger like Bentley when we've got Barton and Routledge who can play there.

Personally think Barton should play right wing full time, his crossing is quality and he gets much better use out of that engine of his playing from out there. His passing is a bit too hit and miss to really be a quality CM, which out wide isn't really an issue.

Won't be upset to see Bentley come in if it happens though, as said it's always nice to have options.

The truth of the matter is that both positions need looked at. It certainly wouldn't weaken us to bring in a player like Bentley.

If we do, in the summer, we should review the left of our midfield too.

Ok then Jol if you are so ITK, what's the liklihood of Bentley joining us?

I'm not ITK but those that are are saying Newcastle, Villa, Fulham and Blackburn are are talking to his agent, Spurs haven't had a firm bid from any club.  Pretty much what Sky are saying except that West Ham are not an option and a loan is not out of the question.

In agreement with Decky, don't see the point in getting him. I don't want Barton taken off that right wing, in which case Bentley's a squad player. Why's a Spurs bench player going to come here just to be a bench player still? Makes no sense.

Mark Douglas on Twitter has confirmed that Pardew has enquired about Bentley and hope he is successful.

Similar to wormy, doesn't make sense.

Barton's playing well out there and we've got Routledge on the bench as plan B, if it goes tits up.

Guest taps01

Douglas tweeted late last night that AP hopes to have a new face in before Stevenage, but wouldn't reveal who.  I'm guessing its Bentley then?

Its looking that way

Mark Douglas on Twitter has confirmed that Pardew has enquired about Bentley and hope he is successful.

Similar to wormy, doesn't make sense.

Barton's playing well out there and we've got Routledge on the bench as plan B, if it goes tits up.

Routledge is ganning to the scousers man, £8 million deal..... :shifty:

Guest Roger Kint

Not really took too much notice but has Bentley only ever played RW or can he play in other positions(CM or AM)?

Sounds like a signing I'd make on FM. I've got players who can already play well in that position, but instead of strengthening in positions that need stregthening I go "oo. Bentley. He's a decent player, better whack a bid in for him" - he never plays and ends up getting sold the following season :lol: