One attacking player - who do you want?

Dave

Garra Dembele.. 26 goals in 23 games this season, 7 in the UEFA Cup. He's apparently on the verge of signing for some Russians for 2mil, cause he got caught drunk driving with a fake license over here ( :laugh2:).. But he's a quick and powerful poacher and has showed remarkable consistency this season.. And he's mates with Ben Arfa from Clairefontain..

Lacina Traore is somewhat similar to him in the sense that he's both powerful and quick. But from what I've seen Dembele is the more clinical finisher right now..

Oh yes please, we need another drinker :coolsmiley:

I agree, we should definitely sign that cheap, young, brillian, proven forward who we aren't entirely sure exists.

:lol: Shame our scouts don't read this forum. Can't wait til we sign a 20 year old starlet from an unknown league who's going to come straight into the Premier League, settle immediately and start scoring goals to keep us up. Should be fun ;)

Charlie Adam.

That's what we'll be getting.

Don't even bother dreaming up other "possibilities".

Wouldn't mind Charlie Adam at all. On a different note, GM could you change your avatar it's really offensive to my delicate eyes  :-[

It's either Dappy or James Corden in the bathtub with Beckham. You choose.

Charlie Adam.

Wouldn't mind Charlie Adam at all. On a different note, GM could you change your avatar it's really offensive to my delicate eyes  :-[

Bring on the soapy Corden  :thup:

Charlie Adam.

Done. Complete with midds quote tribute. :thup:

Charlie Adam.

Done. Complete with midds quote tribute. :thup:

Much better  :smitten:

Charlie Adam.

Adam is a good shout - probably available in Summer but doubt Blackpool would sell until they are def safe.

Adam would probably do for our m/f what Tommy Craig did in 75-76. Great left peg.

Hatem Ben Arfa, for me, unless he means Ben Arfa plus one. Then I would like to us take a gamble on a lesser known player plying his trade in a foregin league (ala Tiote) or a youngster such as Ipswich's young kid Whickham.

I have no idea who the lesser known player could be, but that's why we employ scouts.

Just not really excited about the usual suspects we are linked with, but I have little doubt, we'll go down the route of familiarity.

'Familiarity' will work in our favour this year. It doesn't work when you're signing them in collections, and trying to build a squad around them, like we have done under previous regimes. But right now we need one proven goalscorer (amongst a squad who still have something to prove and enjoy playing for the club) to keep us up. Keane is one of them. Signing unknowns or rookies at this moment in time would be ridiculously foolish and pretty naive on our part.

Survive, consolidate, then start intricately planning for the future. It's a long road ahead.

'Familiarity' will work in our favour this year. It doesn't work when you're signing them in collections, and trying to build a squad around them, like we have done under previous regimes. But right now we need one proven goalscorer (amongst a squad who still have something to prove and enjoy playing for the club) to keep us up. Keane is one of them. Signing unknowns or rookies at this moment in time would be ridiculously foolish and pretty naive on our part.

Survive, consolidate, then start intricately planning for the future. It's a long road ahead.

Would prefer for us to go for the unproven, promising signings over the likes of Keane tbh.

Honestly think the squad at the minute is good enough to keep is up and we should be looking to the future in the transfer market, rather than trying to consolidate.

I guess it's a difference in mindset then. I'm still very cautious, and then it comes down to what you think is less of a risk. Up-and-coming or seasoned. I'd say seasoned was less of a risk but can sort of understand if others disagree.

Just like i say in that post, signing one 'hasbeen' (not the right word) in our current situation... is different to signing three or four circa Souness/Roeder/Allardyce.