So where do we play HBA?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'd be a bit further forward (when attacking obviously) but

Tiote

Barton - Ben Arfa - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll

Looks stupid.

HOME (if we get Keane)

-------------Harps

Simi---Tayls------Colo----Jose

--------------Tiote

---Barton------------Jonas

--------------HBA

----Carroll----------Keane

AWAY

-------------Harps

Simi---Tayls------Colo----Jose

Jonas--Bart------Tiote----HBA

------Carroll-------Keane

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Barton - Ben Arfa - Jonas

Carroll

Im not so sur about that

How about

Tiote

Barton                          Jonas

Nolan

Barfa

Carroll

Why not

Tiote Barton

Ben Arfa Nolan Jonas

Carroll

Then?

Because Barton has done his best work on the right? It's difficult is it about shoe-horning people in or playing the best tactically.

He'd be a bit further forward (when attacking obviously) but

Tiote

Barton - Ben Arfa - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll

Looks stupid.

Why stupid? It's a 4-1-4-1 which some continental team plays. Nolan and HBA can swap positions during the game to play off Carroll. Actually I kind of life this formation except that I would put HBA as the midfielder next to Jonas.

Why not

Tiote Barton

Ben Arfa Nolan Jonas

Carroll

Then?

Because Barton has done his best work on the right? It's difficult is it about shoe-horning people in or playing the best tactically.

I agree there and I'd want to see Barton on the right but if you had to put someone back with Tiote it would have to be Barton over Nolan IMO.

I personally think it would be foolish to get rid of Nolan from his position.  I'd be inclined to stick him on the wing to begin with and see where it goes from there.

Think we would be limiting his potential influence if we play him on the left wing, plus I like the Jonas + Enrique combo. Like I said Jonas will play better with a ball playing midfielder next to him coz he is not the typical English byline crossing winger.

Tiote

Barton              Gutierrez

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

:fwap:

Hahaha, calm down Dave.

Seriously, I think that could work.

In sensible format it would be:

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Carroll

But Nolan with licence to get forward unmarked (what he does best), Ben Arfa with licence to roam and create (what he does best) and Carroll up there to hold the ball up and/or play those two in as runners. We still have width, with good quality in Barton and the, er, running power of Jonas. It's a settled, reasonably balanced midfield which we know can get results, and our best striker up there causing mayhem. Ben Arfa then slots in and is simply told to be creative and not have to worry about working back.

Tiote

Barton               Gutierrez

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Hahaha, calm down Dave.

Ben Arfa

Carroll

But Nolan with licence to get forward unmarked (what he does best), Ben Arfa with licence to roam and create (what he does best) and Carroll up there to hold the ball up and/or play those two in as runners. We still have width, with good quality in Barton and the, er, running power of Jonas. It's a settled, reasonably balanced midfield which we know can get results, and our best striker up there causing mayhem. Ben Arfa then slots in and is simply told to be creative and not have to worry about working back.

:snod: :clap: :thup: Like this a lot!

Tiote

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Hahaha, calm down Dave.

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Absolutely!

Tiote

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Hahaha, calm down Dave.

Ben Arfa

Carroll

The one thing I would have concern though is that if both HBA and Nolan are to be 'runners', this puts a lot of pressure on Tiote defensively. Barton would need to come into the middle when we are defending to give Tiote some reenforcement coz we know Nolan is gonna do fuck all defensively.

Tiote

Barton               Gutierrez

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

That would be something....i like it alot....actually its just so dam* SEXY.

not sure i would like to see jonas and nolan dropped.....and if we play nolan he has to go forward coz that is what he is best at.....offers little in DM.

Have not seen so much of Ben arfa yet....but my guess is he will work best just behind caroll....which means we wont start in a normal 4-4-2 when he plays!

Dave´s line up offers also a lot of opportunies to shuffle if nessary....coz especially Ben Arfa, jonas and barton can cover more than 1 position without a problem!