So where do we play HBA?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Basically exactly how Fabregas does, in 'the hole'

Generally agree, but as things stand I'd put him in place of Jonas, which would be left wing...

This for me.

Tiote

Barton               Gutierrez

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

:fwap:

Hahaha, calm down Dave.

Seriously, I think that could work.

In sensible format it would be:

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Carroll

But Nolan with licence to get forward unmarked (what he does best), Ben Arfa with licence to roam and create (what he does best) and Carroll up there to hold the ball up and/or play those two in as runners. We still have width, with good quality in Barton and the, er, running power of Jonas. It's a settled, reasonably balanced midfield which we know can get results, and our best striker up there causing mayhem. Ben Arfa then slots in and is simply told to be creative and not have to worry about working back.

Good post. The part in bold made me chuckle.. I think this is our best formation unless we get an out and out striker to partner Carroll up front.

In the hole for me as well. If we don't get a decent second striker, then would not mind him playing as a second striker but more like a center forward that drops off the target man and links up with the midfield. I noticed when he did play left wing he tend to drift inside a lot which affects our balance, plus don't think crossing is his strongest attribute. He is the type that wants to dictate play and that can only happen when he is in the middle. Also think that Jonas will play better with him around as they can link up play with clever passes and create space for each other.

Someone send this to Pardew please  :snod:

This as well. I don't think the LW position suits him. Just because he's left footed doesn't mean he should play on the left wing. Same thing happened to Van Persie at Feyenoord earlier in his career; got played LW because of his left peg, when it was clear he was much more suited to play centrally. Somehow I don't think people would put him RW if he was right footed.. Just give him a license to roam and he will be devastating.

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Barton - Ben Arfa - Jonas

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

Are you any good? Tell us how it goes so that we can have an informed discussion  :pow:

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

isn´t Nolan described as a "hard working midfielder with long distance shooter ability"  ???  he is actually quite good in fifa 11

ps. it annoys me that caroll doesn´t possess the aerial threat....WTF

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

isn´t Nolan described as a "hard working midfielder with long distance shooter ability"  ???  he is actually quite good in fifa 11

I think Nolan's special 'skill' is 'Engine'. :lol:

Tiote

Barton               Gutierrez

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Carroll

:fwap:

I just can't believe many people obsession with Jonas..... I think Ben Arfa will replace him on the left...

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

yea it is..

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

yea it is..

lol...true! imagine caroll in fifa 12 :snod:

We always look most comfortable when we play a conventional 4-4-2. So as amazing as 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 could be, I think it would be a mistake.

I wouldn't want to take Nolan off the team sheet. He plays the part of captain well and his 8 goals speak for themself.

Tiote is a must and he doesn't favour the right side, so you have to be looking at slotting HBA in on the left wing or up front next to carroll.

I'd rather take off Shola/Loven/Ranger/Best than Jonas so I'd have him up with Carroll; at least initially to see if they can form a partnership. (obviously keane coming in would change this)

But I don't think it matters where he starts. The best thing he gives us is the ability to play these different roles, which means we can move him around when we're finding it hard to break down defenses.

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

Ha, I noticed this while playing yesterday. Carroll is awful on FIFA. Hardly ever wins the headers and spooned a ridiculous number of shots wide. That could just be me though haha I seem to have forgotten where the goal is recently.

I play HBA as a forward. So far he's scored all my goals.

Not that FIFA is a good indicator. On last years game Smith was undeniably our best striker.

Something like -

Tiote - Nolan

Carroll

That would work!

im playin that on fifa.

Ha, I noticed this while playing yesterday. Carroll is awful on FIFA. Hardly ever wins the headers and spooned a ridiculous number of shots wide. That could just be me though haha I seem to have forgotten where the goal is recently.

I play HBA as a forward. So far he's scored all my goals.

Not that FIFA is a good indicator. On last years game Smith was undeniably our best striker.

was heart-broken when he left after the first season....forgot he was on loan :weep:

Where did he play against Everton again?  ???

Wherever it was, there.

Left wing

NUFC: Harper; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Routledge, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa; Nolan, Carroll.

Subs: Krul, Campbell, R.Taylor, Smith, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands, Ameobi.

As long as he's on the pitch in an attacking capacity, i'm not really bothered where he plays tbh. The fact that he can play in 3/4 positions makes it such an excellent signing.