FA Cup 3rd round: Stevenage v Newcastle United (Sat 8th Jan 5:30pm KO on ESPN)

Disco

Andy Carroll is out with a thigh problem, while Shola Ameobi missed the win over West Ham with an ankle injury and Sol Campbell with a “sore leg”.

Alan Smith has picked up a knee injury and United lost Steven Taylor and influential midfielder Cheik Tiote to hamstring pulls last night

while hat-trick hero Leon Best was also limping as he left St James’

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/06/injury-woes-hit-nufc-ahead-of-stevenage-trip-72703-27940168/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Krul

Perch  Williamson  Kadar  Ferguson

Smith

Routledge                  Lovenkrands

Vukic

Best  Xisco

Subs:  Harper, Collocini, Simpson, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Ameobi.

None of Smith, Xisco or Guthrie has a future at the club so what's the point really playing them? This is a great chance to give a run out for the more promising youngsters like Vuckic, Rangers etc. Sure it's not going to be an easy one if Pardew goes Arsenal like full youth team(what I much doubt though) but I still believe we should win it pretty confortably...I'd like to see something as below

Krul

Perch  Williamson Kadar  Ferguson

Gosling     Vuckic     Inman

Best        Ranger    Moyo

Gosling won't be ready to start a game. Vuckic, Inman, Moyo? :lol:

I don't see what the issue is?

Whatever team we stick out on Saturday i just hope no important players (should any of them play) get injured as we play the scumbags 8 days later.

Hopefully Tiote will be ok for that game. He has 10 days.

Krul

Perch  Williamson  Kadar  Ferguson

Routledge  Vuckic  Smith  Guthrie

Ranger  Best

None of Smith, Xisco or Guthrie has a future at the club so what's the point really playing them? This is a great chance to give a run out for the more promising youngsters like Vuckic, Rangers etc. Sure it's not going to be an easy one if Pardew goes Arsenal like full youth team(what I much doubt though) but I still believe we should win it pretty confortably...I'd like to see something as below

Krul

Those 3 would cost us the game IMO. Playing boys with no experience generally doesnt help you win games.

Krul

Those 3 would cost us the game IMO. Playing boys with no experience generally doesnt help you win games.

Ok, we'll play Alan Smith instead, he has plenty of experience. :thup:

There's nothing wrong with blooding youngsters in a game like this, as long as there is a good balance of experience to help them out. We're playing Stevenage ffs.

Would like to see, but probably not going to happen :

Krul

Perch Tavernier Kadar Ferguson

Routledge Vuckic Gosling Moyo

Xisco Ranger

Krul

Ok, we'll play Alan Smith instead, he has plenty of experience. :thup:

There's nothing wrong with blooding youngsters in a game like this, as long as there is a good balance of experience to help them out. We're playing Stevenage ffs.

Well that would be silly, he's knacked.

Theres no youth/experience balance to that team though - it's practically all kids with one or 2 with experience hoyed in.

Guest toonlass

Those who are talking about fielding what is basically a reserve side are forgetting two things. Firstly we are not Arsenal, we need to have a core of first team strength with a couple of fringe players making up the team to make sure we get through, give some respect to Stevenage, they are not going to turn round, bare their arses and just let us rip them a new arsehole. If we want to be in the 4th round come Saturday night I think we need a stronger team than just our reserves to get there. Secondly the fans are paying £30 to see the game. I would feel mightily cheated if having paid that I was faced with a team full of reserves. Ok put the likes of Krul, Ferguson, Kadar and Ranger in, but there is no need to completely change the team and it would be unfair to the paying fans to do so.

Guest Geordiesned

I think Pardew will field his strongest possible team. But due to injuries that team could be weak as piss in midfield.