FA Cup 3rd round: Stevenage v Newcastle United (Sat 8th Jan 5:30pm KO on ESPN)

Disco

Putting the tin hat on here, but I don't think Sunderland is the 'biggest game of the season' either. The biggest game of the season is that which keeps us up.

I said arguably. If it was a straight up choice between winning tomorrow or next Saturday, I'd pick a win in mackemville.

Putting the tin hat on here, but I don't think Sunderland is the 'biggest game of the season' either. The biggest game of the season is that which keeps us up.

I said arguably. If it was a straight up choice between winning tomorrow or next Saturday, I'd pick a win in that shithole.

Well obviously, yeah :lol:

Be interesting to see if they rest anybody tomorrow, actually.

the Mackems? Aye I think they will.

Aye, obviously nto Stevenage :lol:

They did play their full strength team in the LC, like.

We might have 1 eye on the derby but the mackems will have 2, especially with their recent injuries. Can't see them going full strength.

I'd like if we used our squad - that's what it's there for. We've played a lot of games with our best team, and we're facing a less capable side with some tough fixtures ahead.

Our players need rest and our fringe players will relish an opportunity to prove themselves, especially after the way Best seized his big shot. Incidentally we rested about 10 players against Arsenal's reserves in the league cup before our last Mackem game. The 4-0 defeat was unflattering and we did really well until we conceded on the stroke of half-time

Put a weakened team like we did against Arsenal. If we get knocked out then it shows we did not have the squad to be fighting on two fronts this season. It's as simple as that for me. If we come up against bigger opposition next round then by all means bring out the big guns and have a go but this is Stevenage - if our bench players can't beat them then we obviously don't have the squad to go on a cup run.

Be interesting to see if they rest anybody tomorrow, actually.

A bit of common sense would see us rest key players where we have decent cover. Routledge and Guthrie in for Barton and Nolan for example. Perch and ranger should also play, these players are hardly kids that they won't be able to handle Stevenage. I'm with Pardew in wanting to take the Cup seriously but there's an easy compromise without weakening the team too much.

I blame ITV.

(partly)

Care to share what you blame them for and why?

well i blame them for being shit and ruining the fa cup with their shite coverage

On a par with the beeb these days more or less. BBC are doing there best to ruin the football watching experience too with their shite punditry (Bright, Shearer, Dixon et al), bias towards Liverpool and general 'oh look we're all mates' style. I yearn for a show dedicated to the intelligent support with proper analysis from people who know what they're talking about.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo  Perch

Rout    Guthrie      Smith  Ferguson

Loven    Best

Thats what i think it'l be depending on injuries, pardew won't want to break up the loven - best partnership up top. Barton, Nolan, Ranger, Harper, Kadar, Airey and Gosling on bench.

If Best is out injured - Ranger please.

confirmed anywhere? Haven't seen many articles about S.Taylor, Tiote, Jonas or Best really when talking about the knocks they picked up and their availability for today or next week.

Am sure I ready a quote yesterday from Pardew about Tiote. Said something along the lines of 'Cheik has a tight hamstring, if it was Sunderland this weekend I may (probably would have) risked him but not going to risk him at Stevenage (no disrespect)'. Can't remember where I read it but is good news as it sounds to me like Cheik will be ok for the derby.