Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Barton starting on the right: P7 W6 D0 L1 - 1 goal, 4 assists

Barton starting not on the right: P11 W2 D2 L7 - 2 goals, 2 assists

I know Tiote plays a big part in that of course, but the facts speak for themselves.

Larsson in the middle it is :lol:

On the bench. :thup:

I know Tiote plays a big part in that of course, but the facts speak for themselves.

On Sunday?

On Sunday?

Ah no, sorry... i'd start him on Sunday, aye - given the loss of Cheick. But long term i'd keep the midfield that's been winning us games - with him providing cover.

On Sunday?

Ah no, sorry... i'd start him on Sunday, aye - given the loss of Cheick. But long term i'd keep the midfield that's been winning us games - with him providing cover.

Aye long term he should only get in on merit. But on Sunday and the next 2 games he should be a certain starter.....assuming we get him :)

Larsson  Barton  Nolan  Jonas

on Sunday. When Cheik comes back, Larsson can 'fight for his place' from the bench, unless he fancies a stint on the left.

That doesn't look too bad tbh, better than their's anyway. Providing, of course, Barton tries to fill the role of Tiote atleast to some extent. He'll have to sit deep which, tbh, i think is probably his best role at CM anyway. We know that if Nolan is in the middle of the park, he's got to be advanced - with near enough a sole focus on arriving late int he box and providing another outlet for goals. Tiote allows him to play this role by sitting deep and linking the play from defense to midfield, as well as being the steel.

Barton's not as good a tackler but defensive-midfield isn't always about tackling. It's about reading the game and keeping possession - two things that Cheick does extremely well.

Gonna have to be a massive performance from Joey, but i've got faith in him. :thup: If we manage to get Larsson in, i'll feel a bit more confident.

Larsson  Barton  Nolan  Jonas

on Sunday. When Cheik comes back, Larsson can 'fight for his place' from the bench, unless he fancies a stint on the left.

That doesn't look too bad tbh, better than their's anyway. Providing, of course, Barton tries to fill the role of Tiote atleast to some extent. He'll have to sit deep which, tbh, i think is probably his best role at CM anyway. We know that if Nolan is in the middle of the park, he's got to be advanced - with near enough a sole focus on arriving late int he box and providing another outlet for goals. Tiote allows him to play this role by sitting deep and linking the play from defense to midfield, as well as being the steel.

Barton's not as good a tackler but defensive-midfield isn't always about tackling. It's about reading the game and keeping possession - two things that Cheick does extremely well.

Gonna have to be a massive performance from Joey, but i've got faith in him. :thup: If we manage to get Larsson in, i'll feel a bit more confident.

:sadnod: :thup:

Joey is brilliant at RM, but his next best position is sitting in that hole and just launching balls to the wingers and up to the attackers - I think he can control the game and take the 'playmaker' role from that position against a midfield like Sunderland's, and he likes to hold the ball as well which will benefit Nolan greatly. He's not the best tackler in the world, nor can he play as well as Tiote, but it's a damn sight better playing  Larsson  Barton  Nolan  Jonas than playing  Barton  Nolan  Smith  Jonas.

EDIT: I also think he's shown with his partnership with Simpson that he can be defensive-minded and not get too far advanced, and like you say, it ain't all about tackling.

I also know his wage. What Birmingham offered him to stay. Also that we offered a player swap deal originally that was rejected.

I

T

K

Booyah.

Yous are jus' jealous of my knowledge.

Know which player we wanted to swap?