Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Guest neesy111

Larsson definitely seems a bit overrated on here like.

Would agree with this, according to some it would seem like we are signing a good crosser of the ball ??? I haven't seen much evidence of that when watching him.

"Overated no pace can't dribble could get to the byline on a bike let alone going passed the opposition. A few free kicks and a wonder goal dowant warrant 25 k a week. No competition from Blues for his shirt is a disgrace, bye Seb go and live up North East for your 25k too weak for the Premiership"

"Yes, accepted £1m bid last night.

At least we get some dosh for him and have Bentley as replacement for rest of season.

Good all round for everybody :D:D"

"he has been a good player for us, he only cost 1 million and he has certainly earnt his wages as far as i am concerned.

good luck seb"

"Personally Larsson typifies why blues are boring to watch and thats why I think its best hes going.

He's a winger but how many times do you get off your bum when hes on the ball? Never is the answer. Hes to slow and other than his crossing which is exceptional, hes very average. Finally, Hleb, Beasujeur and bently (touch wood) look like an exciting bunch of wingers which blues have lacked for sooooo long.

Got to be said though, when on the pitch you could never question his commitment and work rate, so good luck seb'o."

"Nev

I've seen no improvement in Larrson for 3 seasons, free kicks poor this season and Carr might just benefit from not carrying Seb on his shoulders"

"Seb Larsson doesn't owe us a bean.

He has always given his lot and I hope he receives a great reception if or when he returns.

Good luck Seb !"

Some thoughts from the brummies. At least seem to give his all...

Guest Heneage

Beausejour has looked shocking when I've seen him and Hleb is over the hill. I do wonder if some of those fans are unhappy they are making just their return on him.

Not seen alot of him but from highlights via match of the day etc. I've always viewed him as the Charlie Adam of blackpool, the N'zogbia of wigan, the Parker of west ham.

Not in style of play or level of skill. I just mean the one player that stands out in an ordinary side. Not sure if that's correct like. Everyone looks good in highlights.

Going to go out on a limb and say he will be s*** for us as a right midfielder. If its 1.5 Million then it's not the biggest risk and a supposed promising young player for a cheap price isn't bad business.

Agree with everything except the young and promising part. Turning 26 this year like.

Who exactly do you suggest we sign instead of him, for the same amount of money?

Stating facts tbh. Nothing more in it.

But to answer, I'd prefer an exciting Carr-scouted player.

Well, no, you're stating your opinion, as has been evident throughout the thread.

How do you know it isn't Carr that recommended we sign Larsson?

Please don't encourage any more pearls of wisdom. Just let it be!

What are you on about? Larsson is ok, nothing more nothing less. I would personally prefer a more exciting player. f***s sake man.

Such as?

Going to go out on a limb and say he will be s*** for us as a right midfielder. If its 1.5 Million then it's not the biggest risk and a supposed promising young player for a cheap price isn't bad business.

Agree with everything except the young and promising part. Turning 26 this year like.

Who exactly do you suggest we sign instead of him, for the same amount of money?

Well, no, you're stating your opinion, as has been evident throughout the thread.

What are you on about? Larsson is ok, nothing more nothing less. I would personally prefer a more exciting player. f***s sake man.

Such as?

Messi

comments from the Brum fans are interesting, slow but good at crossing is what he appears to be which to an extent suits our style. Look what happened when Barton got suspended, or even against Spurs where he couldn't pass to save his life. Need more creative bodies in midfield and at the price talked about, can't complain too much. Still need a striker desperately like, and a competent replacement at left back for Jose.

Such as?

Whoever Carr have on his mind. I've got no names for you. Just saying Larsson don't really excite me. Decent enough, but that's it.

Not seen alot of him but from highlights via match of the day etc. I've always viewed him as the Charlie Adam of blackpool, the N'zogbia of wigan, the Parker of west ham.

Not in style of play or level of skill. I just mean the one player that stands out in an ordinary side. Not sure if that's correct like. Everyone looks good in highlights.

Thats how i used to see him a couple years back, admitedly havn't seen much of him recently though be he was a pretty decent player. Certainly good enough for our bench, thats for sure.

All in all good signing, hopefully we bring in a striker aswell though.

comments from the Brum fans are interesting, slow but good at crossing is what he appears to be which to an extent suits our style. Look what happened when Barton got suspended, or even against Spurs where he couldn't pass to save his life. Need more creative bodies in midfield and at the price talked about, can't complain too much. Still need a striker desperately like, and a competent replacement at left back for Jose.

the white Geremi then?

No problems with him as a player but can't seriously believe anyone could advocate anything else but Joey Barton on the right hand side. If Pardew moves him, like he did on Saturday to suicidal effect, he wants his arse kicking.

the white Geremi then?

Except without the high wages, he'll be a good addition to the squad and certainly has to be better on the right the Guthrie.  Nobby proved you don't have to have pace to put in a blinding cross.