Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

He takes free kicks and corners (shame we aren't playing gridiron and can bring on a team for 20 seconds) and asks Stevie Carr to do all the stuff that he should be doing himself.

Time to let go.

Good at free kicks? Not exactly been "curling them in" this season has he?

No pace, low work rate and frequently fails to get the ball past the first man when he's crossing. Can't wait for him to go! My only saddness is that there is no talk of us selling him to our neighbours in their quest for Championship football

Larsson can go.

Good points: Good free kicks, odd good cross.

Bad points: Slow, cannot get past defenders, does not score goals, does not tackle.

Does not track back !!!! Always moaning .... Plays side to side not forward , free kicks Row Zzz.

he is absolute shite...after pompey away in the cup last year he would never wear the shirt for me again...the only reason he has tried a little recently is to get a transfer...sodoff back to sweden...no pace...can not beat a man...takes the odd decent set piece...we are better off with him gone....the king has spoken from thailand

He's had some decent performances in the past but alot of games he looks out of his depth, goes to sleep and often just strolls around teh right wing when its on top.

i prefer Gards for set pieces now anyway.

Unreal that some are moaning about this, especially at the price.

I'll only moan if it means Barton is moved inside.

Again Dave, I have to agree with you. Larsson is an RM through and through, can't recall a time he's played anywhere other than wide-right.

The signing of Larsson indicates something else is afoot (unless he literally is being brought in as a squad player). Barton moving centrally? Routledge/Taylor being sold?

I like Larsson a lot,but I dont understand why we're being linked with right-sided player,when Barton has been an absolute revelation there.

What if the rumours about Routledge are true and he goes? Sounds ridiculous to me but if someone was stupid enough to offer £8 million ish anyone with half a brain would snap their hand off once they had sourced a replacement. If they didn't sort a replacement out if Barton then gets injured we are a bit screwed. Even if Routledge doesn't go, Routledge is not all that. An OK ish sub. Larsson would be an upgrade here.

We need squad players we don't have strength in depth. Larsson seems a bargain at £1.5 million. You need two decent players for each position ideally.

No arguments about how good Barton is at the moment. Barton is 100% number one choice on the right, he's in some of the best form of his life, very much a big part of the reason we are doing well at the moment and i personally would be trying to extend his contract asap. 60k a week may not fit well into their wage structure. But we can't afford to be without him on the pitch and replacing him with someone better for less would be near impossible.

I like Larsson a lot,but I dont understand why we're being linked with right-sided player,when Barton has been an absolute revelation there.

What if the rumours about Routledge are true and he goes? Sounds ridiculous to me but if someone was stupid enough to offer £8 million ish anyone with half a brain would snap their hand off once they had sorted a replacement. If they didn't sort a replacement if Barton then gets injured we are a bit screwed. Even if Routledge doesn't go Routledge is not all that. An OK ish sub. Larsson would be an upgrade here.

We need squad players we don't have strength in depth. Larsson seems a bargain at £1.5 million. You need two decent players for each position ideally.

No arguments about how good Barton is at the moment. Barton is 100% number one choice on the right, he's in some of the best form of his life, very much a big part of the reason we are doing well at the moment and i personally would be trying to extend his contract asap. 60k a week may not fit well into their wage structure. But we can't afford to be without him on the pitch and replacing him with someone better for less would be near impossible.

I would snap their hands of for 1 million.

Guest hobshobs

Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, his work rate for the team is without question top draw.

I think your confusing Jonas with Joey. Jonas is the one who plays on the left with the long hair. Only second to Shola in terms of lazyness and lack of work rate.

Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, his work rate for the team is without question top draw.

I think your confusing Jonas with Joey. Jonas is the one who plays on the left with the long hair. Only second to Shola in terms of lazyness and lack of work rate.

I'm not a bit fan of Jonas, but I definitely don't think you could accuse him of that

Chronicle reporting Jonas is now injured.  I think a LW is needed more than a RW tbh.

Shane Ferguson? Odd that if Larsson signs we'll have Routledge, Barton, Larsson and even R. Taylor/Gosling/Guthrie all able to play at RM. Yet, we have one senior left-winger.

The praise Pardew has been giving Barton suggests he won't move him.

or could suggest he'd be able to play aswell from the middle, giving us the creativity we are missing from there ?

Doubt it. He's not an idiot and people are treating him like one because they expect him to fuck up at any available opportunity.

He showed after the Man City game that he realises Barton's best position is on the right hand side of midfield and I don't see any reason why he would change that.

I don't think if we did sign seb he would be replacing Jonas by any means, im sure Pardew said he wanted to add pace to the team, take out jonas and them four in the middle would have the pace of a snail race. Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, yes he lacks the technique of barton and end product but he frightens defenders and puts them on the back foot, he is a dangerous player and his work rate for the team is without question top draw. The only player that will be putting Jonas' arse on the bench is HBA when he is fit and deservedly so on what we have seen so far from him.

which jonas you been watching, he rarely uses his pace and is as direct as a tourists taxi. he wont leave joses side evenwhen he has yards in front of him.

Jonas and Jose have one of the best left sided partnerships in the prem they both blend well together, jose never has as good a game without jonas and visa versa, they both use each other very effectively. You say Jonas isn't direct but against Wigan who was the player in the 88th minute making 40 yard runs with ball beating men to go the corner flag then to win a free kick with a bit of trickery in the corner? Clever hard working phase of play which couldn't have taken place without the burst of pace and commitment for the team. The only way big hard ben suceeded on wednesday night from stopping Jonas was to kick him everytime he got the ball, as Shane ferguson realised when he took his place.

Guest neesy111

Chronicle reporting Jonas is now injured.  I think a LW is needed more than a RW tbh.

Why?

Surely when HBA is back (which is only another 5 or 6 weeks), we'll be strong in that position.

Behind Barton, we have very little quality on the right.

Routledge is easily a decent premiership squad player.  I would rather see HBA in the middle tbh or behind Carroll.

Shane Ferguson? Odd that if Larsson signs we'll have Routledge, Barton, Larsson and even R. Taylor/Gosling/Guthrie all able to play at RM. Yet, we have one senior left-winger.

And even he used to be a Right Winger :pow:

Work rate doesn't win you football matches.

He can 'try' as much as he likes but if he ends up on his arse or giving the ball to the opposition, then he can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Impact player at best.

Guest neesy111

I don't think if we did sign seb he would be replacing Jonas by any means, im sure Pardew said he wanted to add pace to the team, take out jonas and them four in the middle would have the pace of a snail race. Fans don't appreciate how much Jonas gives newcastle in how direct he is, yes he lacks the technique of barton and end product but he frightens defenders and puts them on the back foot, he is a dangerous player and his work rate for the team is without question top draw. The only player that will be putting Jonas' arse on the bench is HBA when he is fit and deservedly so on what we have seen so far from him.

which jonas you been watching, he rarely uses his pace and is as direct as a tourists taxi. he wont leave joses side evenwhen he has yards in front of him.

Jonas and Jose have one of the best left sided partnerships in the prem they both blend well together, jose never has as good a game without jonas and visa versa, they both use each other very effectively. You say Jonas isn't direct but against Wigan who was the player in the 88th minute making 40 yard runs with ball beating men to go the corner flag then to win a free kick with a bit of trickery in the corner? Clever hard working phase of play which couldn't have taken place without the burst of pace and commitment for the team. The only way big hard ben suceeded on wednesday night from stopping Jonas was to kick him everytime he got the ball, as Shane ferguson realised when he took his place.

I agree with madras on this one.  Jonas does not have a footballing brain at all and as an example in the Man City game was just sounding next to Jose for most of match offering no movement at all.

Guest neesy111

Work rate doesn't win you football matches.

He can 'try' as much as he likes but if he ends up on his arse or giving the ball to the opposition, then he can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Impact player at best.

Same, alan smith is a work-horse of a player.  Does he do anything positive for the team. Nope is the answer.  I think we'll get rid in the summer anycase.

From the Chronicle:

And when asked if he could update the fans on the latest transfer activity, Pardew added: “We are discussing with a club a potential signing.

“Whether it happens before the weekend is significant, because whoever it is could get cup-tied this weekend.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//2011/01/07/united-will-not-be-taken-for-a-ride-on-transfers-72703-27946902/2/#ixzz1ALpn1KBy

interesting if its to be believed as if we'd had a bid accepted we'd be in discussions with the player not the club.