Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Hard to imagine Larsson playing on the left to be honest. 

But why?!

Cos he's a right-winger, you nit.

So is Jonas. Duff is a left winger and he plays on the right, Downing and Johnson have too. It's not their natural position, but it's not exactly 'hard to imagine'.

It's hard to imagine cos he's a right-winger and the third one we've pursued this month! Like i say, if he wanted a left-winger, surely he'd be looking for one of them? ??? And Jonas is a left-winger.

Hard to imagine Larsson playing on the left to be honest. 

But why?!

Cos he's a right-winger, you nit.

So is Jonas. Duff is a left winger and he plays on the right, Downing and Johnson have too. It's not their natural position, but it's not exactly 'hard to imagine'.

Because he is not a pacey-type winger.  Similarly, I guess, Barton won't play that brilliant on the left. Yes it's just my feeling, Larsson may prove me wrong, but to me this signing is the end of Guthrie rather than Jonas.

It's hard to imagine cos he's a right-winger and the third one we've pursued this month! Like i say, if he wanted a left-winger, surely he'd be looking for one of them? ??? And Jonas is a left-winger.

What's that got to with Larsson playing on the left? He might sign him for the right, but it doesn't mean he won't play on the left from time to time.

I'm adamant he's a right winger like. I'm sure he used to play there and then when we got rid of Duff, we moved him over. Also played RB for Argentina IIRC.

Serious lack of pace, with Larsson and Barton on the wings.

True, but we don't exactly try to play counter attacking football, do we?

Beckham has never had a turn of pace but has other attributes to make up for it. Likewise Barton and Larsson.

Good signing. Bargain price. I've always liked Larsson. Has played in near-enough every game this season for Birmingham so not sure why they'd sell him - particularly at that price.  Chips in with the occasional goal. 5 assists so far this season. Sign him up.

Beckham has never had a turn of pace but has other attributes to make up for it. Likewise Barton and Larsson.

Good signing. Bargain price. I've always liked Larsson. Has played in near-enough every game this season for Birmingham so not sure why they'd sell him - particularly at that price.  Chips in with the occasional goal. 5 assists so far this season. Sign him up.

Contract runs out in 6 months, he doesn't want to stay.

Good signing. Bargain price. I've always liked Larsson. Has played in near-enough every game this season for Birmingham so not sure why they'd sell him - particularly at that price.  Chips in with the occasional goal. 5 assists so far this season. Sign him up.

Yeah it's just the general lack of pace throughout the team isn't great already.

If we could fuse Larsson and Routledge together somehow we would have a top player on our hands :)

I think he is about a mid table EPL standard right winger who also can play at right back or on the right side of a three man midfield. 1.5 mill is a great price for a player of his quality.

Is he the type of player we are crying out for right now? I'm not so sure but he would be a good signing regardless. From what Pardew has been saying I don't think Seb is the player Pardew was hinting about in the last 24 hours.

Larsson is also good at right back. Could be very useful for us in many ways. I'd be very happy with this, especially at this low price.

Get Elmander in in a similar deal and we are all set.

At the moment our first eleven is good enough to keep us top 8. The problem is that our offence relies on Barton and Carroll and a bit of Nolan. While we might cope for one or two games at the moment I can't see the squad supplying adequate cover, and for the squad to sustain this form in future seasons, it needs competition too.

Larsson is one player who gives an instant improvement. If you look at it like the below you can see a squad that has about 5 adequate deputies (in italics) and 6 inadequate:

Harper

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Raylor  Saylor Campbell Perch

Barton Tiote Nolan Jonas

Larsson Smith Gosling Routledge

Ameobi Carroll

Lovenkrands Best[/cente]

If we have an injury, or manage to accidentally qualify for Europe (a distinct possibility), we need players like Larsson.

Larsson is also good at right back.

I've not seen a lot of the player, but maybe Pardew does have half a mind to use him as a full back. Simpson is doing okay, but he doesn't offer a lot going forward. It's not a priority area, but I'd like to see us bring in someone better.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I don't see why Barton can't work on the left. He'd have Enrique (who's a great crosser) as an option to pass to on his outside, or could cut to his right and either release one of his outstanding early long balls -or- dribble / pass shorter with it into the midfield position that he knows well.

Then we put the more standard winger on the right wing.

I don't see why Barton can't work on the left. He'd have Enrique (who's a great crosser) as an option to pass to on his outside, or could cut to his right and either release one of his outstanding early long balls -or- dribble / pass shorter with it into the midfield position that he knows well.

Then we put the more standard winger on the right wing.

I think his rightfootedness and technique mean that his range of passing is much more devastating on the right wing.

Guest TheSummerOf69
If you look at it like the below you can see a squad that has about 5 adequate deputies (in italics) and 6 inadequate:

Harper

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Raylor  Saylor Campbell Perch

Barton Tiote Nolan Jonas

Larsson Smith Gosling Routledge

Ameobi Carroll

Lovenkrands Best[/cente]

Haven't we learned that the trick to our current success was to not write players off too soon. Enrique, Coloccini, Barton, Carroll, Shola, Nolan and Best could have all been jetisoned sometime in the past. Perch doesn't look up to it yet, and may never be, but he was bought because he was cheap, he was captain of a team doing well in the Championship, and he can offer cover across the back. With time and experience he could be a useful squad player. Campbell on the other hand isn't going to get any better...