Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

12 months ago we were pleased to sign anyone.  Maybe the underwelming reaction to this potential signing (of a decent player) shows how far we've come.  I'd be pretty chuffed.  He's a good solid, avoid getting relegated midfielder.  Earlier in the season people were seriously thinking Ryan Taylor was  adecent option in this position.  Routledge has serially failed to deliver at this level.  So by my reckoning we are one injury (to Barton, an injury prone player) or suspension (to Barton, a heed the ball when all is said and done) from being in real trouble in this pivotal position.  For these reasons, not to mention the value for money aspect this would be  agreat signing.

Earlier in the thread someone said there was too much excitement about it.

They were wrong bluerazz.gif

"The manager (Alex McLeish) has spoken to Seb's agent (about a new contract) and it's ongoing," he said.

"I think Seb would obviously be keen to stay - and the club are looking for him to stay also.

"But it's down to him and his agent who is speaking to the club at the moment. That's as far as it's gone.

"We're not kidding ourselves on. We just hope that Seb wants to stay with us.

"I'm sure that's the case and I think he's proved that with his performances this season.

"But, if he decides to move elsewhere, you can't do anything about it. That's the situation with the Bosman ruling now.

"Sometimes the big players have the opportunity and the agents can make that happen."

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I also think people need to remember by signing Larsson we push Ryan Taylor and potentially Smith/Guthrie further down the squad order. That can be a good thing.

Also as has already been noted Larsson's delivery and freekicks are very good.

Exactly. The further away we can get shit like Guthrie and Smith the better tbh :lol:

Why is Larsson frequently described as 'versatile' btw?

Plays average in a mumber of positions?

Every footballer is versatile then. In which case it's not worth saying.

The guy plays wide right.

Guest BooBoo

I think this would be a decent signing although not one to get the pulse racing and if the idea is to play him wide right then its madness. Joey Barton has been without a doubt one of the league's most effective midfielders this season, switching him wide has been a revelation.

I'd take Larsson though if its to be a squad player, add a striker into the mix and i think it'll represent a very good January. However, I think Best's antics may convince Ashley that splashing out on a forward is no longer a requirement.

I think this would be a decent signing although not one to get the pulse racing

To be fair, last January was like that and everyone (bar Best at the time) turned out to be a good signing, even Hall.