Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Would be a good solid signing. we need squad players, our first team when fit is pretty decent. but we need more depth. Over christmas our players looked drained at times, and we had little quality to rotate players

People talk about him on here as if he'd come into the first team but i cant see pardew moving barton around to accommodate larsson.

Would be a good solid signing. we need squad players, our first team when fit is pretty decent. but we need more depth. Over christmas our players looked drained at times, and we had little quality to rotate players

People talk about him on here as if he'd come into the first team but i cant see pardew moving barton around to accommodate larsson.

This sums the signing up rather well :thup:

If bentleys only on loan, i still think larsson could get in ahead of him on the irght wing if he decided to stay

Maybe they are going to play Bentley through the center.

If we do sign Larsson we still need a pacey winger/striker that can play on either flank. A pacey skilled striker is a must, I guess we have Ben Arfa to capable of LW/Striker when he returns.

If Barton was the right side of a central midfield three, could he continue his current role, with Larsson still playing wide right?

It'd be a dynamic formation. But tactics and discipline it should work no?  Someone posted a solid formation with Tiote, Nolan, Barton, Larson, and HBA playing together which would be a great one.

If Barton was the right side of a central midfield three, could he continue his current role, with Larsson still playing wide right?

It'd be a dynamic formation. But tactics and discipline it should work no?  Someone posted a solid formation with Tiote, Nolan, Barton, Larson, and HBA playing together which would be a great one.

Barton Tiote Nolan

Larsson                                Ben Arfa

Carroll

It might work. Simply Larsson, Barton, Simpson and Tiote can pass the ball around until one can whip it in from the right with Carroll and Nolan getting in the area, and Ben Arfa lurking outside the area to deal with any clearances. If necessary we can switch the ball to the left and let Hatem and Jose do the damage.

Barton Tiote Nolan

Carroll

It might work. Simply Larsson, Barton, Simpson and Tiote can pass the ball around until one can whip it in from the right with Carroll and Nolan getting in the area, and Ben Arfa lurking outside the area to deal with any clearances. If necessary we can switch the ball to the left and let Hatem and Jose do the damage.

My thoughts exactly.

With Nolan sort of lurking all over the space keeping play going and getting onto the 2nd bounce/knock downs from Carroll.

Barton Tiote Nolan

Carroll

I have this sneaking suspicion that Nolan doesn't perform playing off a lone striker as well as he does playing behind two.  Do the stats and more importantly the results back this up?

Who cares? It's just a fucking transfer rumour. Tends to happen in transfer windows.

You don't need to go off transfer rumours, usually it's easy enough to join the dots. I called this one on the first page of the Bentley thread. Even if it doesn't happen you can quite easily see why it would, in the same way anyone with any sense knows Liverpool aren't going to pay £8million for Routledge no matter which lunatic website reports it.

If Jonas picks the ball up in his own half, runs 50 yards past a couple of players, puts a s*** low cross in that goes for a throw or wins a free kick then to a large extent he has done his job. He is incredibly frustrating at times and his end product is consistently poor but even then, if you can't see what he does bring to the team you're not paying enough attention. Dropping Jonas for a player whose main asset is delivery, whether that be Larsson or anyone else will encourage long balls more than anything because we're not good enough to pass the ball all the way upfield.

We seemed to carry the ball up the pitch fine without Jonas against Everton.

Hence my point about players who deliver the ball and do little else in terms of carrying it, which HBA is clearly not. Certainly no problem with Jonas being dropped for him other than it perhaps being a waste of the Frenchman pushed out wide.

If Jonas picks the ball up in his own half, runs 50 yards past a couple of players, puts a s*** low cross in that goes for a throw or wins a free kick then to a large extent he has done his job. He is incredibly frustrating at times and his end product is consistently poor but even then, if you can't see what he does bring to the team you're not paying enough attention. Dropping Jonas for a player whose main asset is delivery, whether that be Larsson or anyone else will encourage long balls more than anything because we're not good enough to pass the ball all the way upfield.

We seemed to carry the ball up the pitch fine without Jonas against Everton.

Hence my point about players who deliver the ball and do little else in terms of carrying it, which HBA is clearly not. Certainly no problem with Jonas being dropped for him other than it perhaps being a waste of the Frenchman pushed out wide.

Yeah I would think HBA will replace Jonason the left in the short term anyway. Left wing or playing off the target man is his best position for me.

1.5 Mil? Bargain! Although can you remember when we tried to sign Beckford for a million and got turned down?  What a blessing in disguise that proved to be!  :D

I enjoy how Best, his replacement as a transfer, scored more goals in one game than he has done all season.

interesting the way we seem to go after a position or style of player we want then go after 2....beckford/bent, larsson/bentley, tiote/ that south american who was told to wait while we were after some ivorian.

(ben arfa i think was offered to us and was just too good to refuse)