Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest BooBoo

time for gosling? we're running out of options.....

Im just waiting for someone to say those magic words....."Time for Vuckic."

time for gosling? we're running out of options.....

Not the game to bring a young debutant into let alone one that's coming back from a serious injury and not even had a run in the reserves.

well ideally yes. but i dont want guthrie or smith anywhere near this. routledge is a tool and tiote is suspended. nolan is worse without tiote (although he'll still play) - so whats left? we need this new player in ASAP.

well ideally yes. but i dont want guthrie or smith anywhere near this. routledge is a tool and tiote is suspended. nolan is worse without tiote (although he'll still play) - so whats left? we need this new player in ASAP.

It'll be Larsson and he'll start imho.

No way we can throw Gosling into a derby game after no competitive matches for about nine months.

How long have you been supporting Newcastle? :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if we played Smith in goal.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No way we can throw Gosling into a derby game after no competitive matches for about nine months.

Still better than Guthrie or Smith

Routledge should be nowhere near. Looked over awed today, he might have a breakdown in this one.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor/Will  Colo  Enrique

Barton    Nolan  Guthrie  Jonas

Ameobi    Best

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nolan and Guthrie??? Words fail me ...

Rather Nolan and Smith?

Rather no Nolan thank you. He can't play in midfield without Tiote. Simples.

So you're advocating Guthrie and Smith?

Barton and any other midfielder bar Nolan.

Routledge should be nowhere near. Looked over awed today, he might have a breakdown in this one.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor/Will  Colo  Enrique

Barton    Nolan  Guthrie  Jonas

Ameobi    Best

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nolan and Guthrie??? Words fail me ...

Rather Nolan and Smith?

Rather no Nolan thank you. He can't play in midfield without Tiote. Simples.

So you're advocating Guthrie and Smith?

Barton and any other midfielder bar Nolan.

Not the Nolan who bagged a trick in the last derby then?

Nolan (with 8 days rest and a point to prove after today) absolutely has to start imho.

He's not the medium term answer but we've got nobody else who can do what he can from midfield, so he's a starter for me.

Speculating is all well and good, but I can't personally see Pardew instituting any kind of meritocracy when it comes to team selection.

Talking of Vuckic/Gosling/Ferguson starting is a fun indulgence, but no more. Pardew will pick four of Barton, Nolan, Gutierrez, Smith, Routledge.

FWIW, my zany idea/indulgence would be to play Williamson as a DM as he usually plays fantastically on big occasions and his distribution is far better than you'd expect. :frantic:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Speculating is all well and good, but I can't personally see Pardew instituting any kind of meritocracy when it comes to team selection.

Talking of Vuckic/Gosling/Ferguson starting is a fun indulgence, but no more. Pardew will pick four of Barton, Nolan, Gutierrez, Smith, Routledge.

FWIW, my zany idea/indulgence would be to play Williamson as a DM as he usually plays fantastically on big occasions and his distribution is far better than you'd expect. :frantic:

I don't know if Pardew will feel pressured to go 4-4-2 because of the occasion, but I thought he may go 4-4-1-1 with something like

Routledge  Smith  Barton Jonas

Nolan

Striker???

Guest andrew

Harper

Simp Williamson Saylor  Enrique

Barton  Coloccini  Nolan  Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

is what I'd do if it came to it. Nolan with Smith or guthrie won't work because guthrie and smith are both shit.

but hey, will never happen. i think we'll get shola and andy back and play 4-4-2 with rout, barton, nolan and guti in the midfield

Is anyone else making the trip? Any early plans? I think we're looking at 9.30am in the Beehive. :)

Probably just have some cans before the train tbh, what time you heading for the train?