Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

What a pile of shyte

Steve Bruce will turn DJ at the Stadium of Light to get his revenge on Newcastle.

The Sunderland boss will name that Toon to celebrate a win at the Stadium Of Light on Sunday.

Bruce is weighing up which song will be played at full blast straight after the match should his side avenge their 5-1 humiliation at St James' Park earlier this season.

Newcastle left Bruce and Sunderland furious after his stars were forced to trudge off the pitch not only badly beaten but to Daydream Believer by the Monkees, only with the words changed to: "Cheer up Steve Bruce/Oh what can it mean, to a sad Mackem b*****d and a s*** football team..."

TEN SONGS BRUCE COULD USE TO SERENADE NEWCASTLE

This Toon Ain’t Big Enough For The Both Of Us

Mackem The Knife

The Crying Game

Blinded By The (Stadium Of) Light

(I’ve Had) The Tyne Of My Life

Cool For (Black) Cats

Pard Reign’s Gonna Fall

When The Boot Comes In

Oh, Carroll

Wor, What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing

full article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sunderland-manager-Steve-Bruce-wants-to-turn-DJ-at-the-Stadium-of-Light-and-respond-to-Newcastles-taunts-about-their-derby-day-hammering-early-in-the-season-by-playing-a-mystery-song-over-the-PA-if-his-team-win-the-return-fixture-this-weekend-article671385.html

Daily Mirror? more like daily Mackem arse licking shyte paper

I had a dream last night that we drew 2-2.

1-0 down at half-time to a Kieran Richardson free kick that Steve Harper should've saved. Darren Bent doubled Sunderlands lead with a goal I can't remember in the second half.

Two minutes into injury time Steven Taylor scored for us without me seeing it and then  :colo: equalised 5 minutes into injury time with a header from a corner.

On a sidenote, I was watching the game in a friends basement. He had just bought a dog and I'm shit scared of dogs so I was very uncomfortable the whole game as the dog kept running around showing his teeth. Took some of the joy away from a hard fought draw  :kinnear: :no:

I just heard they are looking for volunteers to place red and white cards on the seats for the game.  Looks like they are trying to replicate the atomsphere we created

"Volunteers will be rewarded for completing the task with a free ticket for the visit of Chelsea in February."

Knew there was a motive :lol:

Guest The_Optimistic

I just heard they are looking for volunteers to place red and white cards on the seats for the game.  Looks like they are trying to replicate the atomsphere we created

"Volunteers will be rewarded for completing the task with a free ticket for the visit of Chelsea in February."

HaHa, where did you get that from?

What's the point in the cards, when it's not on live TV in the UK anyway?

And I don't see what the problem is about asking volunteers to help out for free tickets.  Loads of clubs have done something similar (eg. moving snow off the pitch for bacon sandwiches, free admission etc).

If NUFC did it, I'm sure there would be a lot of people taking them up on the offer.

Guest Heneage

9am on Saturday? What if it rains? Or it's windy? God this is great :lol:

The thought of them turning up Sunday with a huge pile of papers in the middle of the pitch. :lol:

The thought of them turning up Sunday with a huge pile of papers in the middle of the pitch. :lol:

:lol:

The thought that it's going to take 6 hours too. How many volunteers are turning up? Three? :lol:

SMB FTM's.

What was the saying about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery ?

Guest Heneage

The thought that it's going to take 6 hours too. How many volunteers are turning up? Three? :lol:

It'll be Quinn and his family.

I'd love to be there as he steps out the tunnel Sunday Morning, see's the mess and just utters 'Aww feck'.

I'd love to be there as he steps out the tunnel Sunday Morning, see's the mess and just utters 'Aww feck'.

volunteers required for saturday. to put a card on every seat telling them what colour card to put on the seat on Sunday.