Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest GeordieBatistuta

If he's on the bench and our two starting strikers get injured, i'd say it's a safe bet.

I'd think Xisco would be ahead of him to come on. So basically he'll only come on if there is no other option.

Xisco's not ahead of anyone.

From the sounds of it he should be ahead of Aiery since he's actually played in the premier league before.

Xisco wasn't even in the squad for Stevenage. Airey came on. We will never see Xisco in a Newcastle shirt again.

Doesn't really mean Airey should be ahead of him in the pecking order though.

I dont know if someone has mentioned it, but Xisco might have a clause in his contract whereby we might have to pay more to Deportivo. Since he was a young prospect this could be likely.

On the issue of Carroll, I've got this idea that he'll not be spotted for days and then he'll be on the team sheet. Pardew and Bruce are keeping their injury concerns close to their chest.

If he's on the bench and our two starting strikers get injured, i'd say it's a safe bet.

I'd think Xisco would be ahead of him to come on. So basically he'll only come on if there is no other option.

Xisco's not ahead of anyone.

From the sounds of it he should be ahead of Aiery since he's actually played in the premier league before.

Xisco wasn't even in the squad for Stevenage. Airey came on. We will never see Xisco in a Newcastle shirt again.

Doesn't really mean Airey should be ahead of him in the pecking order though.

I dont know if someone has mentioned it, but Xisco might have a clause in his contract whereby we might have to pay more to Deportivo. Since he was a young prospect this could be likely.

On the issue of Carroll, I've got this idea that he'll not be spotted for days and then he'll be on the team sheet. Pardew and Bruce are keeping their injury concerns close to their chest.

:bluestar:

xisco wouldnt deserve to come on ahead of a geordie youngster. at least airey would put in some effort

xisco wouldnt deserve to come on ahead of a geordie youngster. at least airey would put in some effort

Is he any good though? I haven't seen him play, would it be worth giving him a shot in the game?

I'm really surprised that i'm not nervous for this . Maybe that we were in 16th IIRC and hadn't had a clue where the season was going , I'm a lot more confident of our Premier league status now or that even if we lose we have bragging rights for this season.

I know there is "no chance" but could pm me were the big game between the good team vs the baddy team is being played....

Div 4 football is solid to catch on tv

(Maybe the wrong thread)

Can't help but feel that Goslings going to play in this, with the behind doors game and now Lee Ryder saying that he shined on Twitter.

Maybe its the old 'player getting better the longer they are out' bug biting me but at this moment in time i'd honestly rather see Gosling-Nolan in the centre than Smith-Nolan. Granted that is based on reading that he did gave a good box-to-box performance in a behind the closed door game, however, it could be our best option.

Gosling could be rusty, way off the pace, limp off after 10 minutes but its more about taking my seat on sunday not feeling completely dejected. Having watched Guthrie and Smith's performances this year a piece of me would die if I turned up and heard that one or, god forbid, both of them are playing, whereas at least my optimism would return, for a short time at least, if it was Gosling.

i don't get this sudden idea of putting gosling in the middle, or colo, or steven taylor...i'm sure someone even put perch there.

barton and nolan in the middle seems bloody obvious to me.

Me too, but what about Pardew? :undecided:

Harper

Simpson Colo Wilmson Enrique

Routledge Barton Nolan Jonas

Carroll  Best

If Carroll misses out, bring Smith in CM and have Nolan behind Best/Shola.

Fuck off!

Unfortunately i ran out of other options

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Smith will be on the pitch at some point on Sunday. If Gosling starts then he will only be able to last 70 max and if Routledge is on the right, then he'll bring Smith on for him and shove him in the centre. We're doomed.