Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Can't remember who it was but it was something along the lines of that if Carroll was touch and go to play he would have been here receiving intensive treatment but the fact that he is basically on holiday means that either he has no chance (probable IMO) or will definetly be fit (unlikely IMO). To me this seems pretty logical and makes me believe he is not playing.

I pray i'm proved wrong but I can't see anything other than a defeat for us here.

He could have easily taken a personal trainer/physio/masseur with him, this happens quite a lot.

Very true, i'm sure there are endless scenarios it's just that the one i mentioned makes most sense to me. As I say i'd lov nothing more than to be wrong.

If it does turn out to be the case that Carroll is out for a while and Pardew has just decided to tell us there is a chance he could play for tactical reasons and/or for the fans sake I will not be happy.

Guest palnese

Harper

Simpson Sol Colo Enrique

Gosling Perch Smith Barton

Best Sherla

Guaranteed 5-0 loss.

"you dont know what your doing, you don't know what your doing"

YOU don't know what you're doing.

Whatever team we play, with Tiote and possible Carroll out we are facing an up hill battle, our team sheet will look pretty poor come sunday, just need to hope the passion of "this group of lads" is greater than them scruffy red n white cunts, or we put the shits up them again.

Best case scenario:

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

Gosling  Nolan  Barton  Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

Worst case scenario:

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Perch

Routledge  Guthrie  Smith  Barton

Nolan

Best

The 'what I think it'll be' scenario:

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

Barton  Nolan  Smith  Jonas

Carroll  Ameobi

What kind of player is Phil Aiery? If he's going to be on the bench is there any chance that he'll play?

That's usually the general idea, yes.

:iamatwat: Oh you are funny. We've had youngsters on the bench before just to fill seats but let me rephrase it for you as you seem to be a bit slow, Is there any realistic chance that he will play?

If he's on the bench and our two starting strikers get injured, i'd say it's a safe bet.

I'd think Xisco would be ahead of him to come on. So basically he'll only come on if there is no other option.

Xisco's not ahead of anyone.

If he's on the bench and our two starting strikers get injured, i'd say it's a safe bet.

I'd think Xisco would be ahead of him to come on. So basically he'll only come on if there is no other option.

From the sounds of it he should be ahead of Aiery since he's actually played in the premier league before.

From the sounds of it he should be ahead of Aiery since he's actually played in the premier league before.

Xisco wasn't even in the squad for Stevenage. Airey came on. We will never see Xisco in a Newcastle shirt again.

Xisco wasn't even in the squad for Stevenage. Airey came on. We will never see Xisco in a Newcastle shirt again.

Doesn't really mean Airey should be ahead of him in the pecking order though.