FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Left the ground, studs showing, i can't believe we're even talking about it. In modern football it's a red card.

The players were almost coming into the tackle from the same direction how the holy f*** is that dangerous

Not saying it was particularly dangerous. What i am saying is that in modern football if you go into a tackle airborne, with your studs up, then there's an excellent chance you're getting a straight red.

Marriner is such a fucking cunt too, how many more times is he going to gleefully punish us this season when he gets even a sniff of a chance? It wasn't his fault that we lost, but I hope the stupid wanker gets cock rot.

Even if you don't believe it was a red card offence, have a think about the FA and whether they'd want to undermine their referee when he's stood right there, sees it clearly, takes his time and gets advice from a colleague before issuing it. You could even throw in the 'we're not Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool so it won't be overturned' conspiracy rubbish if you like.

No chance.

My opinion is that it was a great tackle and that it doesn't matter if studs were showing as the tackle was made across the opponent and the actual tackle will have been performed with the calf. Not the foot! The player made a meal of it mind (which is expected) but it only looked bad as he lunged in.

I need to see it again. The picture i was watching wasn't great, won't go into that, but i'm amazed some people thought it wasn't a red. Maybe it looked worse. I'll watch on tv later.

Either way i can't see the fa over turning it.

I need to see it again. The picture i was watching wasn't great, won't go into that, but i'm amazed some people thought it wasn't a red. Maybe it looked worse. I'll watch on tv later.

:sadnod: Anyone that thinks that deserves a red needs to have a long, hard look at themselves.

:sadnod: Anyone that thinks that deserves a red needs to have a long, hard look at themselves.

Interesting wording there.

??? I understand those that say it won't be overturned, but those who think the red is justified are completely mental.

Fair enough. I'll give it a better look later, i hope i'm wrong and it was a fair challenge.

Guest guinness_fiend

If this deserved a red, so did Barton's challenge last week.  They're almost identical, apart from the fact that Tiote twisted his body when lunging in.

If this gets overturned, Messi can drink my piss.

More importantly, why has Marriner been allowed to ref us again after the shambles that was his performance at Everton.  It's absolutely clear that at best he hates Newcastle, and at worst he is a bent ref.  Should be banned from reffing ever again, and certainly not against Newcastle.