FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So let me get this right, because he left the ground its deemed reckless even tho he won the ball but the two bit tramp made a meal of it its red end of?

These pricks are ruining football tbh.

Soon they will be all running around in ballet pumps...

Fa have no stones so its definately not gonna be overturned...just a bunch of mongs.

We're getting there. :thup:

Nobody's disputing that it is "deemed reckless".

The thing is the people who it is "deemed reckless" by are a bunch of fucking pansies.

In that case no-one is disputing it's a red then? ???

Well it's quite hard to dispute when the referee quite clearly pulled that little red thing from his pocket.

Should it be a red card? Should it fuck.

If you agree it's reckless then you agree it's a red. Reckless=red.

It's not that hard tbh.

Should it be a red? That's a different thread. Under the current rules it is - simple as.

Incidentally, the word intent is not in the laws when it comes to tackles.  Intent is absolutely not an issue here, it doesn't matter whether he intended to win the ball, intended to snap the Stevenage player, whatever.  Irrelevant.

The key phrase here is "Any tackle which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play."  And by definition, a lunge where a player jumps a good couple of feet has to endanger the safety of an opponent.

But he hasn't endangered the safety of an opponent because of the lunge. He's nowhere near the player when he's in the air so how's that dangerous?

So let me get this right, because he left the ground its deemed reckless even tho he won the ball but the two bit tramp made a meal of it its red end of?

Fa have no stones so its definately not gonna be overturned...just a bunch of mongs.

So you think thats right do you?

He won the ball,wasnt going for the man in a zillion years.

Doesn't matter what you or I think. The rules say it's reckless and a red.

Be angry at the rules, not me. :thup:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Where in those photos has he lunged at the opponent?

He makes contact with the player in the tackle. How can you say he hasn't?

Incidentally, the word intent is not in the laws when it comes to tackles.  Intent is absolutely not an issue here, it doesn't matter whether he intended to win the ball, intended to snap the Stevenage player, whatever.  Irrelevant.

The key phrase here is "Any tackle which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play."  And by definition, a lunge where a player jumps a good couple of feet has to endanger the safety of an opponent.

Look at this.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1803/fuckinglaughable.jpg

Is lunging at thin air a red card offence?

:thup:

Think people who are saying it wasn't a red are assuming those who think it was (or at least not going to be rescinded) believe Tiote went to smash the player. Which isn't the case. He jumped/lunged in - that's quite clearly reckless, dangerous or however you wish to describe it.

Nobody is saying it's right, but those are the rules.

There are no rules in football though.

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

In the tackle, not the lunge. Like I said, in the same way that would have happened had he slid/block challenged the player.

Look at this.

With a player nearby, yes. Because it's potentially putting him in danger. It's not like the player was on the other side of the stadium :lol:

FIFA would disagree :lol:

In the tackle, not the lunge. Like I said, in the same way that would have happened had he slid/block challenged the player.

Surely the 'lunge' is the tackle? 

Look at this.

With a player nearby, yes. Because it's potentially putting him in danger. It's not like the player was on the other side of the stadium :lol:

Surely the wind Tiote's lunge creates isn't as powerful as Hurricane Katrina?

Following on from PM post below is what is written in the LAWS of the game.

Playing in a dangerous manner

Playing in a dangerous manner is defi ned as any action that, while

trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player

himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent

from playing the ball for fear of injury.

A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the

referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.

Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the

players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable

with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In the case of physical contact, the

referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also

been committed.

Disciplinary sanctions

• If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the

referee should not take any disciplinary action. If the action is made with

obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player

• If a player denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity by playing in a

dangerous manner, the referee should send off the player

He is right, they are called laws.

Smith made a lunge like that at the ball early on, it was meant to be a pass but went out for a throw, I didn't see him get red carded like.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, the FA are pricks and wouldn't ever rescind any red card of ours.

No they wouldn't as football has laws not rules. Did you not know that?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200711/r199159_760632.jpg

If Belletti had attempted to head the ball there, would that have been a red card for Cahill as he wasn't in control and potentially endangering an opponent, even though he didn't hurt him?

EDIT: Actually, he's kicked Belletti in the back after the ball's been played. Straight red and a 3 match ban surely.