FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I like Tiote's combative nature and we're a better team with him but there's always a sense that he's walking a tightrope all the time in terms of being booked or worse.

Guest neesy111

I've steven gerrard do that type of tackle a few times and he hasn't been sent off for them, but that is probably because he is gerrard.

Guest neesy111

I like Tiote's combative nature and we're a better team with him but there's always a sense that he's walking a tightrope all the time in terms of being booked or worse.

Reminds me of batty with the tightrope stuff of him being booked etc.

Should definitely be overturned. Incredible if they don't overturn it.

Not really. Tiote took off from the ground and landed hard to make the tackle. Yes he was away from the player, but if he missed the ball the player would have went down in the follow through. Therefore harsh though it seems, it could be considered reckless so it won't get overturned.

Not really. Tiote took off from the ground and landed hard to make the tackle. Yes he was away from the player, but if he missed the ball the player would have went down in the follow through. Therefore harsh though it seems, it could be considered reckless so it won't get overturned.

Surely that's the case with every single tackle on a football pitch?

I've just watched the challenge again a number of times

He actually goes past the ball in order to hook it back with his heel. His sheer athleticism makes it look worse because of the speed and the height of the lunge. He goes in the complete opposite direction of the player who actually falls over his legs

It was definately NOT 2 footed and was definately NOT a sending off

it was, I definately saw the ref show him a red card and definately send him off.

Guest BooBoo

Reminds me of batty with the tightrope stuff of him being booked etc.

Its ludicrous though, he really needs to slightly adapt his game otherwise he'll soon get a reputation for being a dirty player (if he hasnt already) and pick up even more bookings because of it.

Guest Heneage

I think Marriner pandered to them all game, blowing for aerial challenges, booking best and finally this. He didn't touch the player yet we see him clutching his ankle like he'd been caught.

It was a fantastic tackle, timed to perfection, we saw the FA claim DeJong's tackle was fine so why is this not?

When did the FA claim De Jong's tackle was fine Kris?  Don't confuse them thinking it was fine with their hands being tied by the fact the referee saw it and deemed it ok, meaning they could take no action.

Ah come on Paul they bottled it royally. All this 'our hands are tied' is bollocks, they can reform rules when they want they are the FA.

We also had a host of pundits most notably Lee 'Mary Whitehouse' Dixon say the tackle was fine. Yet tonight we get the likes of Keegan saying it was a red.

I've seen it now from about 3 angles, and he dives to get there but he hooks the ball away, it's naive reffing at the end of the day.

by appealing does that mean Tiote can play vs the mackems, or have the FA stopped that from happening?

i asked this before and someone replied- they will hold the appeal befoer the derby :undecided:

He jumps in order to get to the ball in time. The player isn't even there when he jumps. When he lands he actually hooks the ball away with his heel, and the player falls over him. Never even contacts the player with the tackle. Doesn't lead with the studs. They absolutely should overturn that.

so because a perfect tackle COULD have went wrong (but didnt), it must be punished. madness. i just cant get my head around this....it was a fantastic tackle.

upholding the red card proves that football has gone insane.....which is exactly what'll happen.

Black and white specs ahoy in this thread. I wonder how many of the same people were screaming for De Jong to be banned for his tackle on Ben Arfa? He got the ball after all. Even if you don't agree it was a red card, there's absolutely no way on earth it will be rescinded. No way.

so because a perfect tackle COULD have went wrong (but didnt), it must be punished. madness. i just cant get my head around this....it was a fantastic tackle.

upholding the red card proves that football has gone insane.....which is exactly what'll happen.

The penny has dropped.  :clap:

Guest Heneage

Oh, and he got a decent chunk of the player as well.

He doesn't why he went down I don't know, he won the ball and the guy falls over him.

Black and white specs ahoy in this thread. I wonder how many of the same people were screaming for De Jong to be banned for his tackle on Ben Arfa? He got the ball after all. Even if you don't agree it was a red card, there's absolutely no way on earth it will be rescinded. No way.

I doubt the complaints against De Jong would have been anything like as bad if it wasn't for the broken leg.

:thup: If Smith had made the same tackle (not exactly an improbability) people would've been queueing up to chin him.  Being blinded by love for not just NUFC but also Tiote (who I love as well, but I know a red card tackle when I see one).

De Jong's tackle was absolutely nothing like Tiote's.

The penny has dropped.  :clap:

well surely most tackles are like that?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Genuinely surprised that people are comparing de Jong and tiotes challenges :) unbelievable

De Jong held back and then with full force drove directly at ben arfa going above the ball

Tiote beats the Stevenage player in a race to the ball from the same direction

The comparisons are comical

The penny has dropped.  :clap:

well surely most tackles are like that?

Not really.

Launching himself into the air the way Tiote did makes it reckless. Winning/missing the ball, catching/missing the player is irrelevant. It was dangerous and reckless which means it's an automatic red. Them's the rules.