Pitch invasion...

GM

Guest Stephen927

Could be a Toon fan who's grabbed a Stevenage scarf but that's unnecessarily looking for it to be a Toon fan.

Guest taps01

Stevenage fans have got a reputation on par with Luton round here of being complete cock ends. Didn't believe it till today.

Some of the wankers to the right of our lot. :facepalm:

Place is a s**t hole full of p**cks

Why would a Newcastle fan smack a Stevenage player anyway? It'd make more sense for him to punch one of the sackless twats wearing blue. :lol:

Sour grapes, perhaps? Or it could have been Cajun?

Why would a Newcastle fan smack a Stevenage player anyway? It'd make more sense for him to punch one of the sackless twats wearing blue. :lol:

Sour grapes, perhaps? Or it could have been Cajun?

Cajun was giving Interpolic a handjob next to the pie-stand by then.

Stevenage fans have got a reputation on par with Luton round here of being complete cock ends. Didn't believe it till today.

Place is a s**t hole full of p**cks

Luton or Stevenage?

:bluestar:

It was a Stevenage fan.  He ran up to him and asked him for his shirt,  obviously he said no & in return he got a smack on the cheek,  he then run away (slightly pissed too) like a complete coward.  Never been so annoyed at anything in football in my life.  I've met Scott countless times,  and (i know it gets said a lot) but he is genuinely one of the nicest people you could meet (when we won the league he took my programme from the game down to training to get it signed by everyone).  To think one of our own fucking fans would do that,  makes me fucking angry.  Hope he gets caught,  charged and fucking locked up for that.  Complete cunt.

Thing is,  the wankers you're on about only turn up to the "big" games to cause trouble.  We saw it at home to Luton,  too.  People turning up just to take the piss.

Can't quite believe it was a Stevenage fan, after the total embarresment of a day I'd put money on it being one of ours. Fuking smacking one of your own players for a shirt he's played his heart out in in probably the biggest game if his life, disgusting.

Honestly this is the low light of the day for me.

Can't quite believe it was a Stevenage fan, after the total embarresment of a day I'd put money on it being one of ours. Fuking smacking one of your own players for a shirt he's played his heart out in in probably the biggest game if his life, disgusting.

Honestly this is the low light of the day for me.

So a Newcastle fan bought a Stevenage scarf, sat in the home section for the whole game, watched us being utterly bummed without reacting and hoped for a pitch invasion so he could run on pretending to be a home fan and smack a footballer he's probably never even heard of before?

Guest toonlass

We'll be having more of these next week. The bloody mackems invade the pitch at their place if they are given a throw in!

Guest Heneage

I don't think it was a Stevenage fan tbh, I think it was just a random who wanted something he could flog on eBay.

I don't think it was a Stevenage fan tbh, I think it was just a random who wanted something he could flog on eBay.

So much conjecture here :lol: It will be interesting to see how long this thread has to run before someone comes up with the "grassy knoll" and the "book depository" equivalent theories for this episode.

It was a Stevenage fan.  He was in the East Terrace during the game,  and has been recognised by some of our fans.

Our club statement on it.  Confirms it was not a NUFC fan.

STEVENAGE BEGIN INVESTIGATION INTO ASSAULT

Following the headline grabbing FA Cup 3rd win over Newcastle United this evening, Stevenage officials were dismayed to learn of the assault on full back Scot Laird, after the final whistle had gone. Chairman Phil Wallace has issued this statement this evening

"I wasn't aware of the assault on Scott until long after the game. When I was told I spent a considerable time viewing the incident from all angles in the ESPN mobile unit with representatives of the Police. The footage the police now have is comprehensive and the assailant can be seen clearly and full on from the moment he enters the pitch. He's run on from the East terrace, holding a red and white scarf - the kind that was being sold outside the ground by local traders before the game. He has approached at least 3 Stevenage players, seeming to wait for an opportunity and then, on his way back, has leaned over a group of Stevenage fans celebrating with Scotty and thrown a punch to the side of the head that was designed to inflict maximum damage. Scotty collapsed unconscious and has no recollection of the incident"

" The assailant then continued his run back to the East terrace waving his scarf to disguise his actions and, according to witnesses, was pulled over the fence by one or more accomplices and fled out of the open exit gates. This person seemed intent on making a random assault on a Stevenage player, after a fantastic victory. This is disgraceful behaviour and we will do everything we can to ensure that the assailant is brought to justice and prosecuted. Recognition should not be difficult as the video images of him are crystal clear. This needs to be dealt with quickly and forcibly - not by football because clubs cannot stop someone setting out to with devious intent to inflict harm - but by the law, in that the guilty person should be shown no leniency. This time it was a fist - who knows what it could be next time. We do everything we can as a club to prevent this type of incident, following all the recommended procedures, but it seems this lad has set out to disguise his intent so that he can cause physical harm to one of our players and we will work with the Police tirelessly until this person is identified and prosecuted"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/newcastle-shocked-by-stevenage-salvo-2179809.html

Questions will be asked about the visiting supporters, too, after the Stevenage full-back Scott Laird was punched to the ground by a Newcastle fan at the end and coins were thrown in the direction of opposition players during the second half.

The club want to be onto these for a fucking apology, sharpish.