Out the Door

Guest BooBoo

Whilst it's always easy to start pointing the finger after a bad result, it's clear that some of our squad are either past it, or simply not up to scratch. I think we'll be okay this year but while it's cliche, second season syndrome can kick in and to avoid slipping back next year, I would ideally be looking to upgrade a few of our players. Who would you look to move out the door? Ideally I'd move on:

Harper, Perch, Williamson, Sol, Routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco and Ranger.

I'm not convinced any of them are really capable of playing at this level at this stage in their careers.

I think the absense of Harper today went as far as anything to unsettle our play. You look at Wigan and WHU and there was a steadiness that just wasn't there. Then go back to Hughtons last 5 games in charge and it was as dodgy as that.

Well we have to be realistic in how many replacements we can bring in before we get rid. The players we should be letting go of wont pay for quality replacements really. I'd say we definitely have to get rid of Perch, Smith and Xisco if possible. Them three definitely have no future here. I'd count Campbell as good as gone. Then you've got the likes of Routeledge, Guthrie, R.Taylor, Best and Lovenkrands who all might have the odd good game at this level but none of them are anywhere near good enough. In fact, they are all Championship players. Apart from Guthrie and Routeledge who we might get £1.5m for, the rest of them we'd be lucky to get a fee for or certainly over £1m. In our situation with the owner we have we're never gonna be able to get rid of all the shit and replace it with better players.

I'd say next season whichever keeper, Simpson, Taylor/Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique, Barton, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Carroll would certainly form the basis of a more than good enough team for its 2nd year in the Premiership looking to push on a bit. Its outside the starting 11 which is our main problem of course, but we could really do with plugging the gaps in our first 11 as well. A quality midfielder either to go on the right and push Barton inside or a centre midfielder, and of course a striker would make a huge difference.

Personally what I'd like to see is Samba brought in with Perch and R.Taylor shipped out and S.Taylor used as a right back. Kadar first team squad. It wont happen but I don't trust ST at centre back and I certainly dont trust Perch and RT.

In midfield I think Larsson coming in for Routeldge, with Smith being moved on, Gosling and Ben Arfa back and the addition of another quality midfielder would do us.

We have a problem up front as only one of them has any real quality. No way would I see Ranger but he really needs to go out on loan. We can't even contemplate that though without having enough strikers ourselves. Shola is here for life. We really need two new strikers though.

So overall, if we can ship a few out, get someone like Larsson in for cheap and how our injured players back to fitness, then I'd look to invest any money available on a bit more quality in midfield and up front. Samba would be nice, but we won't move ST to right back and we wont pay the money for him.

Krul is s*** how can you think he's not.

Betcha he when he leaves Newcastle he'll never be in the prem again.

he's 22, has just broke into the first team and has played well....not perfect or great but well. he has the skills and technique what he lacks and is massivly important for a keeper is experience.

Krul is s*** how can you think he's not.

Betcha he when he leaves Newcastle he'll never be in the prem again.

he's 22, has just broke into the first team and has played well....not perfect or great but well. he has the skills and technique what he lacks and is massivly important for a keeper is experience.

Exactly that. Next season should see Forster as No1 and Krul go for a Championsip/SPL loan imo

Truth is, the only two who are abysmal and never play well are Smith and Perch.

There is no reason to keep them, and they MUST leave.

Xisco, Lovenkrands and Campbell I wouldn't shed a tear over, and I like Lovenkrands as a person a great deal. Always seemed a top bloke.

Guthrie, Williamson and Ranger have more to give, esp. Williamson.  Keep.

I would move Nolan on in the summer for a more complete midfielder. To make up for his goals get another decent striker to play upfront with Andy Carroll. We can't spend the whole season praying Tiote doesn't get injured or doesn't get any red cards. It's ridiculous.

Guest Loven11

I'd move on Perch, Sol, Smith, Loven and Xisco. Should keep Guthrie, Williamson and loan Ranger out.

Krul isn't s*** at all, only 22 and we should keep him. Think you're being harsh on the lad, blame the other experienced players who had more of a s*** game and didn't look bothered at all.

Guest Mantis

Williamson? I'd like to see us ditch Routlege and Jonas and bring in two new wingers that can actually deliver a decent cross, it would be pretty handy considering we probably the best header of the ball in the league.

The crux of the problem for me.  Do we have any stats on their assists? Fortunately HBA might solve the left sided issue.

Also get rid of same mob as we needed rid of before season, Sol, Perch, Smith, Xisco, Loven and loan out Ranger to a league where he can score.

Not watch the Spurs match?

Granted, it was only one game, but he did a decent job at left-back against one of the better right wingers in the league. For someone who supposedly can play across six positions, he's not the worst squad player.

Guest BooBoo

Judging by the time of some of the posts on this thread, I think it's safe to say after the horror show last night some of us had trouble sleeping!

Agree with all bar Williamson and Ranger.

Williamson despite tonight is a steady defender who is able backup on low wages. Ranger should go out, but only on loan.

Agreed. I thought Willo looked very good earlier in the season until the suspension. Yesterday was a total disaster for everyone, but he can still improve imo with time on his side.

Granted, it was only one game, but he did a decent job at left-back against one of the better right wingers in the league. For someone who supposedly can play across six positions, he's not the worst squad player.

Was badly at fault for the first goal still and the main reason he was "decent" was because Spurs primarily attacked down their left.

Was badly at fault for the first goal still and the main reason he was "decent" was because Spurs primarily attacked down their left.

Perhaps, was quite taken with the "he only looked good because we assumed he would be shit" theory that was given at the match :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Perch, Campbell, Routledge, Smith, Guthrie Loven, Best, Xisco

Xisco will never get a proper chance here, the rest have had good games but it looks as if they're limited at this level.

Harper - Would only go once one of Krul & Forster prove they are number 1, so he would stay till at least the end of next season

Perch -  Is he CB or RB or just s***? He needs to be shipped out.

Sol - Should never of signed while out of shape. He had to get his fitness back before Weg gave him deal we gave him a deal before & it has shown. Out.

Williamson - If Sol is going he stays.

Routledge -  Used to call him Lil Wayne should be called West Brom as he is to good for Championship but not good enough for the Prem. He is player I want to like with his pace but if that was all I wanted in player I would just go & watch 100,200 & 400 meters running at the weekends.

Guthrie - Should of got the elbow when we got promotion.

Smith - One of the many players brought in by Big Sam to toughen NUFC up. Seems the ultimate pro lets himself down when plays though. Will he take a pay cut to go back to Leeds? Lets f***ing hope so as him running his contract down is going to be very costly.

Lovenkrands -  Like the office temp who did well for few weeks & gets a permanent contract then after few weeks the penny drops that the reason they were unemployed was because they were not up to the task long term. Give him the elbow

Xisco -  Sell, sack or swap.

Best - His career is littered with great moments but the key one missing is consistency. Lets have some balls & sell him despite his hatrick.

Ameobi - Is never fit a long period of time & like Best has his moments but again lacks consistency. Time to move Shola on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------