Bullet death threats mailed to celtic'

summerof69

A ridiculous over-reaction basically forced upon them by Celtic fans taking the moral high ground. Know the lad, silly comment but hung out to dry because of a witch hunt by Celtic fans desperate to ignore their own problems with sectarianism. And this lad couldn't give two shites about religion, he just has a general dislike for Neil Lennon like most of us. A suspension and an apology would have done in my opinion.

But when Toon fans called Mido a shoe bomber and Mackems paedophiles, that's ok?  Just a bit of banter then.  :rolleyes:

sticks and stones etc (and it's the smoggies who are paedos) but we draw the line at nail bombs. you may also want a word with the local chief inspector who has put past murders down to the football up there.

I wonder if he wasn't such a massive irritating c*** would stuff like this happen?

is he ? whats he done ? have to say i've always just regarded him as an average prem midfielder who went on to manage a scottish club.

People who aren't from Northern Ireland/Scotland will just never understand the whole thing.

Most people can have friendly banter with the whole religion thing and not take offence, I've been out loads of times with catholics and we've been able to slag the life out of each other, but it was all in good humour and no one gets upset.  It's just a small minority who aren't even football fans that take it too far and are intent on causing trouble and unfortunately everyone gets a bad name because of it.

It's bitter idiots like this who are still living in the past that do things like send bullets to people.

I wonder if he wasn't such a massive irritating c*** would stuff like this happen?

is he ? whats he done ? have to say i've always just regarded him as an average prem midfielder who went on to manage a scottish club.

He's given the finger to Rangers fans on a few occasions and he's been caught on video singing anti Rangers songs.  He is a cunt and he doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour, but resorting to shit like this is just fucking stupid.

People who aren't from Northern Ireland/Scotland will just never understand the whole thing.

Most people can have friendly banter with the whole religion thing and not take offence, I've been out loads of times with catholics and we've been able to slag the life out of each other, but it was all in good humour and no one gets upset.  It's just a small minority who aren't even football fans that take it too far and are intent on causing trouble and unfortunately everyone gets a bad name because of it.

It's bitter idiots like this who are still living in the past that do things like send bullets to people.

Agree with that entirely.

He's given the finger to Rangers fans on a few occasions and he's been caught on video singing anti Rangers songs.  He is a c*** and he doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour, but resorting to s*** like this is just f***ing stupid.

those incidents don't make him a cunt. it just makes him like 99% of other fans. i'm sure if a mackem player gave me the finger i'd be enraged to the point of...to the point of....well giggling actually.

those few people wouldn't be allowed to put up massive murals on the sides of houses and paint the kerb stones where i come from. granted it's not the majority over there but it is by no means a small minority but a quite considerable minority.

He's given the finger to Rangers fans on a few occasions and he's been caught on video singing anti Rangers songs.  He is a cunt and he doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour, but resorting to shit like this is just fucking stupid.

Yeah but countless players from both sides have been caught doing similar stuff, the only differance is the like of Artur Boruc can fuck off home and no more is said. But Lennon's home is NI, which ain't good.

Guest Hardy_Bucks

Your shpot on Pissi bai!

Madras I would say if there where lads painting murals or kerbs where you live they wouldn't be members of paramilitary/criminal organisations!

Lennon is no more of a prick than most other managers or premier league footballers, but nobody deserves the shit he's been getting! Scum.

those few people wouldn't be allowed to put up massive murals on the sides of houses and paint the kerb stones where i come from.

It's a lot different over here.

Areas where that happens are ran by loyalist/republican paramilitaries.  Even if there are people against it, they're not exactly going to argue it as their house will get petrol bombed.  :lol:

those few people wouldn't be allowed to put up massive murals on the sides of houses and paint the kerb stones where i come from.

It's a lot different over here.

Areas where that happens are ran by loyalist/republican paramilitaries.  Even if there are people against it, they're not exactly going to argue it as their house will get petrol bombed.  :lol:

thats what i mean. you use the term minority like it's a tiny amount and it isn't for all it is a minority it is a sizeable minority.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as well as getting assualted last night, there's been another nasty pckage in the post.

Package containing bullet sent to Celtic boss Lennon

http://www.channel4.com/news/package-containing-bullet-sent-to-celtic-boss-lennon

The Chief Executive of Celtic Football Club says the touchline attack on manager Neil Lennon shames Scottish society, as it is confirmed a package containing a bullet was also sent to the manager.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell made the strongly-worded statement as police were investigating a package containing a bullet that is believed to have been sent to Mr Lennon.

On Wednesday night Mr Lennon was attacked by a man who clambered onto the pitch during Celtic's 3-0 win against Hearts. The man was quickly grappled to the ground by Lennon's assistant and immediately arrested by Lothian and Borders Police.

A 26-year-old, John Wilson from Edinburgh, has been charged with breach of the peace and assault aggravated by religious prejudice.

Northern Irish Catholic Lennon has had death threats in the past and in recent weeks was sent two parcel bombs, as were other high-profile Celtic supporters.

In Ayrshire, police have set up cordons near a number of properties, according to one press report.

'Appalling attack'

In his statement about the attack on Lennon, Peter Lawwell said: "Last night's appalling attack on Neil Lennon brings shame on Scottish football and again highlights the fact that Scottish society must address fundamental and serious issues which lead to outrages of this kind.

"Apart from last night's events, this week alone we have seen seven people arrested at our training ground following an alleged firearms incident and I can also confirm that this morning (Thursday) another package arrived at Celtic Park which appears to contain ammunition. This has been removed and taken by police for further forensic tests. We are the only club to be the subject of such vile, sustained and relentless attacks.

This is Scotland's shame and it is high time Scotland addressed it.

Celtic Chief Executive Lawwell

"It is intolerable that any football club, or individual, going about their lawful business in the name of sport should be subjected to this ongoing campaign of hatred and intimidation. This is Scotland's shame and it is high time Scotland addressed it."

Scottish Football Association Chief Executive Stewart Regan, SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond all condemned the incident.

'Arrests made' over parcel bombs

In a separate police operation launched on Thursday morning in Kilwinning, Ayrshire, two arrests were made in connection with the investigation into the parcel bombs sent to Mr Lennon in recent weeks.

Two parcel bombs were sent to Lennon and one each to lawyer Paul McBride QC and former MSP Trish Godman.

Last month Strathclyde Police said the two packages sent to Lennon, and the two others were "designed to cause real harm to the person who opened them".

A fifth suspect package, addressed to the offices of Cairde Na H'Eireann (Friends of Ireland) in Glasgow, was also intercepted by officers last month.

In March, Mr Salmond called an "Old Firm summit" after violence on and off the field in the a Rangers-Celtic clash threatened the entire future of the fixture.

Interviewed on Channel 4 News, Mr Salmond said that anyone engaging in sectarian displays would "be met with the full force of the law" and "no-one should be under any illusions that anyone who peddles sectarian hate over the internet will be tracked down and dealt with."

The people of Scotland were fed up with such activities, he added. "And the overwhelming bulk of football fans in Scotland are fed up with these people attaching themselves to the beautiful game. So they are going to be dealt with and that is going to happen."

It's a major deal up here - main news - and I'd agree it's a national embarrassment. Needs sorting, but there's no easy answers. :dontknow:

The only "quick fix" i can see working here, unfortunately, is for something tragic to happen. The likes of Salmond and co have been banging on for decades about change and nothing has ever worked.

Is Lennon doing something to aggravate it all? Before the NI stuff kicked off he was being a real dick and creating a lot of resentment for himself. Since then things have definitely got worse.