Good and Bad Debuts

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone watching the West Ham v Arsenal match will have witnessed one of the worst debuts of all time by Wayne Bridge. Badly at fault for Arsenal's first two goals and a stupid challenge on Walcott conceding a penalty for the third.

So what's the worst (and best) debuts you can think of?

As a starter for best debut I give you our very own Micky Quinn.

A 5-2 victory over league favourites Leeds at St James' Park. Fatty netting four.

Guest Tall Striker

Best debut I remember seeing in a long time was Ravenelli for Boro against Liverpool. Bagged a hat trick in a 3-3 draw in the first game at the Smellnet IIRC.

Best debut I've seen is probably Ronaldo for Corinthians when he scored the equalizer in the derby against Palmeiras and also had a shot on the crossbar. The thing was he came on with 10-15 minutes to go and you could see the difference with him on the field.

Guest Geordiesned

Asprilla on smogside ftw  :pow:

Indeed! Hopped off the plane, named as a sub, set Stevie Watson up with a sublime bit of skill 5 minutes after coming on.

I remember watching West Ham vs Man City in a bar on holiday a few years ago and seeing Rolando Bianchi have an absolute stormer for Man City, bagging both goals in the 0-2 win. Me and this bloke I was sat with were both convinced he was going to be 20-goals a season easily in the Premier League :lol:

Wayne Rooney for Man United against Fenerbahce. Popped in a nice hat-trick.

Sir Les was a beast for us on debut when we beat Cov 3-0 too.

Ginolas debut that day anarl? was unplayable that day. was the first game in the then complete stadium. sat in the leazes with my old man- atmosphere was fantastic. great times.

I've never seen it and it wasn't his debut but rather his full debut, but Shearer's for Soton must be up there considering it was his first ever professional start and he became the youngest player to get a hat-trick at that level.

Supermac- Hatrick against Liverpool.

teeth kicked out and knocked unconscious, came round and refused stretcher and staggered off the pitch-

hard as fucking nails.

Would probably get booked for that these days :lol: ... :(