Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

I think we'll end up with 4 points from our next 4 games, all of them coming at home. Birmingham are a poor side whilst West Brom are certainly a revived team under Woy- that'll be a very tough game. And I see the Chelsea game as one the players will probably be unmotivated for and we'll, like the daft sods in that video, make it over the line.

But we're safe, there's no question now. I'm just thrilled we've done it considering the lack of investment during last summer, the threadbare squad, mediocre strike force, selling of our best striker, and sacking of Hughton. I think survival has been quite an achievement considering that even for a year in the life of NUFC its been remarkably fucking ridiculous! :lol:

Without doing a crawl through posts from last year I think most would have taken staying up in the circumstances. So it's mission accomplished, and of course we will never know if we did it despite sacking  Hughton or whether that was, in fact, a master stroke......

I think we'll end up with 4 points from our next 4 games, all of them coming at home. Birmingham are a poor side whilst West Brom are certainly a revived team under Woy- that'll be a very tough game. And I see the Chelsea game as one the players will probably be unmotivated for and we'll, like the daft sods in that video, make it over the line.

But we're safe, there's no question now. I'm just thrilled we've done it considering the lack of investment during last summer, the threadbare squad, mediocre strike force, selling of our best striker, and sacking of Hughton. I think survival has been quite an achievement considering that even for a year in the life of NUFC its been remarkably f***ing ridiculous! :lol:

You know what? Actually taking that into consideration and you have a damn good point. Any other season would have seen us down and out by now given those circumstances

It also begs the question, had Hughton stayed. Carroll stayed, more signings brought in, would we be around 6th by now? Surely..

Guest pont-toon

But we're safe, there's no question now. I'm just thrilled we've done it considering the lack of investment during last summer, the threadbare squad, mediocre strike force, selling of our best striker, and sacking of Hughton. I think survival has been quite an achievement considering that even for a year in the life of NUFC its been remarkably f***ing ridiculous! :lol:

You know what? Actually taking that into consideration and you have a damn good point. Any other season would have seen us down and out by now given those circumstances

It also begs the question, had Hughton stayed. Carroll stayed, more signings brought in, would we be around 6th by now? Surely..

its all ifs and buts mate,

as the old chinese proverb says "if you dont change the direction you are going you are likely to end up where you are headed"

as the old chinese proverb says "if you dont change the direction you are going you are likely to end up where you are headed"

True, but given the 2 situations, you would surely imagine us doing better then we are now?

True, but given the 2 situations, you would surely imagine us doing better then we are now?

Really don't see your Hughton point, you think he was the new SBR?

Find an owner who was prepared to throw more £millions at it and maybe we are talking. We are where we are for a number of reasons.

I think we only need 5 more points and we're mathematically safe, simply because there are so many teams below us that need to pick up points. And thats with some pretty ridiculous results occuring.

Really don't see your Hughton point, you think he was the new SBR?

Find an owner who was prepared to throw more £millions at it and maybe we are talking. We are where we are for a number of reasons.

Lol what? Where did I even imply that?

Only raised that point as the lads seemed to play well for Hughton. Ifs and buts, but most people seemed generally happy with how we peformed until he got binned by Ashley. Perhaps we may have been better off? Time will tell

If West Ham, Wigan and Wolves get relegated, there was basically no point to this season. They were already bottom 3 in July.

The point gets even stronger if Arsenal stop finding creative ways to choke every week and actually win the damn thing.

1 more point earned in the battle for survival. Just 1 more win and you're probably safe!

i think we're probably safe now. 1 more win, with other results, will probabaly make it mathematically secure.

1 more point earned in the battle for survival. Just 1 more win and you're probably safe!

i think we're probably safe now. 1 more win, with other results, will probabaly make it mathematically secure.

Sorry, I was parodying the pessimism around here.

You were safe the day you beat Wolves. For quite a while this season it's been clear you've had enough quality and determination to stay up.

Sorry, I was parodying the pessimism around here.

You were safe the day you beat Wolves. For quite a while this season it's been clear you've had enough quality and determination to stay up.

don't come that quite a while stuff with us, we fell for it last time.