Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

With Heskey, Agbonlahor, Carew and Delfuenso, I wouldn't have said they were light in the striking department. Presumably they see Bent as a 'goalscorer', but I tend to think players who get that label are often over-rated.

Now that stopped laughing...

a pretty good move for them. If they spend the money on a good midfield they'll be much improved. Ameobi looked more of a threat than Bent on Sunday.

Guess you haven't watched Ireland this season ???

I have. But I didn't write anything about Ireland. I wrote "a good midfielder"   :lol:

Still laughing at this.

Their best player of modern times, turning his back on them and their quest for Europe to join a relegation battle. It's little short of 24 carat gold.

There's already a #DontGoDarren campaign up on twitter.

Are the stories about him wanting away last summer true? Wonder if it's owt to do with his mother being racially abused off one of their lot.

In all honesty, I think it's a good piece of business by Sunderland - problem is that they will find his goals (15-20 a season in the PL) very hard and expensive to replace.

Fuck.  :tickedoff: I REALLY REALLY wanted Villa to go down, and they blatantly won't now.  :-[

There is a plus side of course.

This is true. However, it may not have THAT great an effect on the scum, and even if it does, they'll still probably be pissing around lower-mid table anyway. Villa did genuinely look like they might have fucked off down to the championship which would have been fan-fucking-tastic.

The bad news for "Benty" is that a move to Villa would force him to endure another 90 minutes of Coliccini hell. In fact, if he realises this, it could scupper the deal.

With Heskey, Agbonlahor, Carew and Delfuenso, I wouldn't have said they were light in the striking department. Presumably they see Bent as a 'goalscorer', but I tend to think players who get that label are often over-rated.

No point even mentioning Carew - he's finished at Villa. Heskey is no more than a squad player, as is Delfuenso at this point, albeit one is on the way down and the other on the way up. Agbonlahor meanwhile is shockingly out of form (0 goals this season) and last seen playing as a winger rather than up top.

they've struggled with goals and that'll be why they want Bent - not the greatest all round player but will guarantee a goal return.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What is it with Man City producing potentially good midfielders, who seemingly have mental issues? (Barton, Ireland, Johnson...)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

hahaha.. that's the end for the mackems! good luck replacing him :lol:

Is 'Own Goals' really their next top goalscorer, or was someone just making a shit joke?  :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

What is it with Man City producing potentially good midfielders, who seemingly have mental issues? (Barton, Ireland, Johnson...)

Or ones that cannot trap a football, like SWP.

then turn down class like giggs, solskjaer, vieri, zidane, schevchenko

they don't really need Bent atm, Gyan can score and has a much better all round game, while Welbeck's form has been great. Bent is quite a selfish player, and not really in a good way. it seems to make him difficult to play alongside. Once Welbeck goes back to man utd they'll need to spend but all round i'd say it's a good deal for them.

Until recently Bent basically was Sunderland when it comes to scoring goals.  Gyan and Welbeck are doing ok at the moment, but that's a pretty short spell to come to the decision that they don't need Bent all of a sudden.  He is a selfish player, but its certainly the good kind IMO, he scores more goals then anyone else, at least over the last couple of seasons.

If Gyan succeeds in the PL - and it's still a big IF - he'll want to move to a bigger more glamorous club, it's a problem Sunderland will always have - it will never be a desirable option for good players.

It's also unlikely that Man U will peddle Welbeck so it looks very much that Bent forced this upon Sunderland and they have little choice in the matter.

Rumour has it that they still owe a fair wedge on Bent so a big replacement will not be a given.

Also anyone with common sense (and I'd include D.Bent) realises their results this season have flattered them and talk about 6th place fom "big it up Brucie" is not really sustainable.

hahaha.. that's the end for the mackems! good luck replacing him :lol:

Is 'Own Goals' really their next top goalscorer, or was someone just making a s*** joke?  :lol:

It was.. towards the start of the season.. Gyan and Welbeck have scored 3-4 goals..

This transfer would leave them only with Gyan, crocked Campbell and on loan Welbeck upfront.. That's asking for trouble like. They'll probably buy some striker.. hopefully it's Owen :lol: