Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Bloke next door has just stormed out,  :lol:

I'd love to know where he keeps going and why he can't huff in the house  :lol:

I just picture him with hunched shoulders making menacing noises while storming back on forth on the same spot in the road.

Is he doing this?

Bruce might be disappointed, but of all parties involved, the Mackems have got the best deal here. Potentially £24m for Bent, who's out of form? Easy money that. He's generally a good manager when it comes to the transfer market, he'll probably replace him easily.

not aimed at you in particular mate but since you mentioned it. why is it that all of a sudden its deemed a good idea to sell your players when they're out of form? are we so ridiculously impatient these days that we cant wait for a player to get back in form again? i agree that 24m is a bit over the top, but i keep reading people saying stuff like this, dont get it.

Spot on. Sunderland just lost their top scorer, record signing and probably best player. They didn't want him to leave. Yep, that's great for them that.

Bruce might be disappointed, but of all parties involved, the Mackems have got the best deal here. Potentially £24m for Bent, who's out of form? Easy money that. He's generally a good manager when it comes to the transfer market, he'll probably replace him easily.

not aimed at you in particular mate but since you mentioned it. why is it that all of a sudden its deemed a good idea to sell your players when they're out of form? are we so ridiculously impatient these days that we cant wait for a player to get back in form again? i agree that 24m is a bit over the top, but i keep reading people saying stuff like this, dont get it.

Spot on. Sunderland just lost their top scorer, record signing and probably best player. They didn't want him to leave. Yep, that's great for them that.

All depends on how they use the money.

If they manage to find a goalscoring striker who can link up well with Gyan/Welbeck and add quality in another 1/2 areas, it'll have been a good deal for the mackems  :sadnod:

If they manage to find a goalscoring striker who can link up well with Gyan/Welbeck and add quality in another 1/2 areas, it'll have been a good deal for the mackems  :sadnod:

Welbeck isn't their player and appears to be crocked. But regardless of that, what if the next expensive signing (and everyone is going to rip them off now btw) decides he's had enough in only 18 months? What if he doesn't score for a few weeks, should they sell him too? Only Rooney and Drogba have scored more Premier League goals than Darren Bent in the last few seasons. Will £18m get a striker of that calibre or other players to fill the void? Will they even be able to attract players of such calibre?

It's an awful set of circumstances for Sunderland.

Guest Thump 1892

Right, now I've finally been verified... here you go Blefuscu!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2466/daftcunts2.png

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8513/scumvilla.png

Edit: It wouldn't let me img it because I was linking to the page rather than the image - wouldn't think I'm a web designer, eh?

Now, when are the Mackem's buying Heskey? :D

Exactly. Not a great deal for them at all. Just like selling Carroll wouldn't be a good deal for us.

A couple of things surprise me

One is that Sunderland were prepared to sell him at all. Even to think about it.

Another is that the first whiff of this came out on Sunday night, and less than 48 hours later, he's signed. Clearly, we'd been working on it a while, we did a very good job of keeping it quiet.

Guest Thump 1892

They won't be able to.  Somebody said a few pages back that the transfer funds are going to go on making the loan deals permanent and frankly they have too many loan deals going on to really do that successfully (unless they work some kind of a part payment scheme).

Even then, they'll be playing next season with last season's squad.  Basically they're up the creek without a paddle.

Exactly. Not a great deal for them at all. Just like selling Carroll wouldn't be a good deal for us.

Bent wanted to leave since the summer. He's been playing half-arsed for the last few games. If he was going to go at least they've got top dollar for him. It's the best of a bad job at the end of the day, if it was me I'd rather have the money than a player who wasn't happy.

Guest VegasToon

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article675247.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/226164002.jpg

:tiote:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/94/a8/0,,10265~9349268,00.jpg

FYP

A couple of things surprise me

One is that Sunderland were prepared to sell him at all. Even to think about it.

Another is that the first whiff of this came out on Sunday night, and less than 48 hours later, he's signed. Clearly, we'd been working on it a while, we did a very good job of keeping it quiet.

if its true he's been unhappy for a while, and they've had a bid of £18m (potentially £24m) then I think they had little choice and had to accept.

Pleased as I am with the signing, it is extra nice to fuck off Potato Head over it, too.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Steve_Bruce.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/10/29/1288379247640/Steve-Bruce-007.jpg

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/images/bruce.jpg

Welbeck isn't their player and appears to be crocked. But regardless of that, what if the next expensive signing (and everyone is going to rip them off now btw) decides he's had enough in only 18 months? What if he doesn't score for a few weeks, should they sell him too? Only Rooney and Drogba have scored more Premier League goals than Darren Bent in the last few seasons. Will £18m get a striker of that calibre? Will they be able to attract a player of such calibre?

It's an awful set of circumstances for Sunderland.

Bent gets goals, aye, but he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Drogba and Rooney.

One assumes Bruce is going to attempt to bring someone in who can contribute to general play and can be part of a 442.

I agree, it's going to be extremely difficult for them to manage to work this in their favour but it is possible. Probably best for them to wait until the Summer to spend the bulk of the money. They'll probably fuck it up like and I hope they do :bluf:

I would be laughing my ass off if I was a Sunderland fan, 18m rising to 24m. That money could buy them at least two players better than Darren Bent.

Will more than likely finance the Stéphane Sessègnon deal and buy them a decent striker with plenty of money to spare if they want more.