Gabby    Bent

Young  Makoun  Petrov    Downing

??

Friedel

Walker - Cuellar - Collins - Clark

Makoun - SomeoneElse

Downing - Young - Albrighton

Bent

Is what I reckon he's thinking of. I can't see him dropping Albrighton, so have no idea where that leaves Gabby.

EDIT - that SomeoneElse will almost certainly be Fabian Delph, come to think of it.

Think you're spot on Brummie - I was reflecting on this signing earlier saying it's quite an unusual 'Houllier' buy in that he's normally a big guy, little guy fella for his forward lines.

This makes it an interesting signing because he's essentially throwing away his preferences to build a side around Bent, who everyone knows doesn't work well with a partner.

Be interesting to see if your prediction is correct and he goes for 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 if you like. If so, that looks like a good team to watch on the good days but ripe for a few drubbings on the bad.

What has he said now?

Questioning why he hasn't even had a phone call from Houllier to say that he wanted Bent and apologising. Says he at least expects it from 'top managers'

Guest Roger Kint

What has he said now?

He now hates Houllier for not phoning him and saying he was coming to steal his best player

What a pleb

Steve Bruce "If you get an indication that a player is desperately unhappy then you put plans in place to replace him"

Niall Quinn “I wasn’t surprised when he put the transfer request in because I had an inkling,” Quinn said.

“Three or four weeks ago, I went up to the training ground and I just thought there was something up with him when I looked at his demeanour"

Bruce = clueless

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like the idea that hundreds of Sunderland will now be walking around with BENT written on the shirts for no apparent reason

;D

Their is a reason, they are all bent.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090819180841/uncyclopedia/images/1/13/Thats_the_joke.jpg

What a pleb

Steve Bruce "If you get an indication that a player is desperately unhappy then you put plans in place to replace him"

Niall Quinn “I wasn’t surprised when he put the transfer request in because I had an inkling,” Quinn said.

“Three or four weeks ago, I went up to the training ground and I just thought there was something up with him when I looked at his demeanour"

Bruce = clueless

;D

Word is that Houllier has fallen out with Dunne and a few other senior players at Villa. I suspect that's the real reason for their decline, in which case a new striker to go with Heskey, Agbonlahor, Carew, Young and Delfuenso isn't going to have much impact.

What a pleb

Bruce = clueless

So 'Saint' Niall is dealing behind his managers back. Oh dear oh dear :lol:

Guest toonlass

Bruce can't say anything after walking out on Crystal Palace. They got an injunction to try and stop him being Birmingham City. He nearly did the same thing to Birmingham to go to Bolton and there was problems again when he returned to Wigan and Birmingham were not happy about it. He knows nothing about loyalty!

Steve Bruce said just now "Well, the whole deal was done in 48 hours, and you think Bent didnt know?"

So, hang on, the deal was done that quickly with Sunderland, but they didn't know themselves till Sunday? The whole thing completed that quickly?

Niall Quinn obviously knew about it last week, why didn't he mention it to Bruce?

And as for that "boo hoo Houllier didn't even call me" thing, that's just too pathetic for words.

Bagpuss sounds like he's losing the plot. He should have sympathy with Bent, both want to be at Newcastle and both know they never will. At least Bent's had the bottle to move away and stop pining for us.

Bruce is taking this hard, no doubt he'll be spouting off that need needs to get revenge over Villa and when he gets beats 2-1 with Bent scoring both and draws 0-0 at home he'll have it, mark my words that will be his and the clubs glorious day.

Brummie  - Post some links if you see them of what Villa fans are saying about Brucey.

He's got a face that looks like its been just too close to a quantum singularity.

He's got a face like a blistered piss pot.

hes got a face that looks like it has been chasing stationary buses...

"Does Bruce still highlight his hair?

What was the point of that?

Like putting bay windows on a shithouse"

"Face like a blind cobblers thumb.

So ugly his Mother used to feed him by catapult.

So ugly he could use his bottom lip as a bathing cap"