Baby when you're gone, I realize I'm in love

days go on and on, and the nights just seem so long

Even food don't taste that good, drink ain't doing what it should

things just feel so wrong, baby when you're gone

Baby when you're gone, I realize I'm in love

days go on and on and the nights just seem so long

Even food don't taste that good, drink ain't doing what it should

things just feel so wrong, baby when you're gone

On repeat in the Brucy household since Monday night.

:lol:

Guest toonlass

£3 million on Ricardo Fuller.  :mackems: I'm gutted my neighbour went back offshore today. I would have paid money to see his reaction to this one!

Just seen the Bruce comments regarding this, how embarrassing and very immature.

I've just been reading a thread on that RTG place.

Which Sunderland forum is the most mature, because that one seems to be the one that all the 11 year olds gravitate to.

They seem to think that being 6th in January makes them some sort of Barcelona in waiting. We've *finished* top six 9 times in the 18 years since the PL started, and in half of those seasons, Sunderland weren't even in the top flight. I'm almost tempted to register there to point that out.

Guest Heneage

Just seen the Bruce comments regarding this, how embarrassing and very immature.

Which Sunderland forum is the most mature, because that one seems to be the one that all the 11 year olds gravitate to.

They seem to think that being 6th in January makes them some sort of Barcelona in waiting. We've *finished* top six 9 times in the 18 years since the PL started, and in half of those seasons, Sunderland weren't even in the top flight. I'm almost tempted to register there to point that out.

Their fanzine editor called you relegation haunted. :lol:

I think the mackems have vastly overspent from Keane to Bruce and need to recoup some of that outlay, especially as their gates are falling, no sign of European football on the horizon and poor corporate/sponsorship prospects due to well, being fucking sunderland. A club whose own players cannot abide living there, whose fans eat, drink, shop and party in Newcastle rather than their shit-tip of a dump they call sunlun. I can see Gyan being sold as well as Henderson in the coming months and years, mind, like Bent, they are average too.

Bent isn't average really; few players in this league have matched him for goals in recent years.

Read something along the lines of only Drogba and Rooney having scored more league goals than him in the last four years. Phenomenal record tbh.

I know of no other Sunderland forum but I'm sure there are many. RTG is continuous source of comedy, but I think with being outplayed by us twice and the sale of their best player, they are taking their 'bump back down to earth' from their lofty heights pretty hard :lol:

Their fanzine editor called you relegation haunted. :lol:

I watched that clip this morning on iplayer.

Our fanzine editor called them "haunted by mediocrity" which made me chuckle. Then it cut to the Sunderland bloke shifting uneasily from foot to foot whilst looking at his mobile. The tit.

Guest Heneage

He cited they got bigger crowds, and the 6th place they currently hold as reasons to stay. It was farcical to be honest saying you'll be in the championship next year.

He cited they got bigger crowds, and the 6th place they currently hold as reasons to stay. It was farcical to be honest saying you'll be in the championship next year.

I was reading the Villa fanzine editor this morning on his website saying that, when they did the interview originally, at the end, the Sunderland bloke said to him (on air) "Do you want to bet a tenner you finish above us this season?" to which he said "Yeah, and do you fancy going double or quits on the same for every one of the next ten seasons, too?"

At which point the Look North people said "Oh, sorry, there was something wrong with the sound there, need to do the piece again" and that time around, the Sunderland bloke didn't say it.

It really is a mess for Sunderland, and very discouraging for the fans. The blow would be softened if he had have gone to a top 4 or 5 club, but the fact he's left to go join a team that are struggling to creep back in to the top 10 would be hard to take.

It makes you wonder how far you can progress when your best players are wanting to leave so easily.

Guest Heneage

I was reading the Villa fanzine editor this morning on his website saying that, when they did the interview originally, at the end, the Sunderland bloke said to him (on air) "Do you want to bet a tenner you finish above us this season?" to which he said "Yeah, and do you fancy going double or quits on the same for every one of the next ten seasons, too?"

At which point the Look North people said "Oh, sorry, there was something wrong with the sound there, need to do the piece again" and that time around, the Sunderland bloke didn't say it.

The fact their biggest achievement is being 6th in January says it all really. He should have focused all his venom at Bent's decision to leave the club that took him from Spurs bench instead he picked the wrong fight, the cretin.

It makes you wonder how far you can progress when your best players are wanting to leave so easily.

And, amidst all the over the top, ridiculous media reaction to this, what is forgotten is that we know this more than most clubs, having watched Barry fuck off for money (complaints from media about players moving for money then? Zero) and Milner go the following season.

The fact their biggest achievement is being 6th in January says it all really. He should have focused all his venom at Bent's decision to leave the club that took him from Spurs bench instead he picked the wrong fight, the cretin.

The obvious points are:

1. "I knew something was wrong, but i couldn't put my finger on it" said Bruce. Bent submitted a transfer request in the summer, so not the biggest surprise.

2. "Well, the deal was done in less than 48 hours, what does that tell you about contact with the player" - yes, and unless Sunderland were negotiating to sell him before the Sunday, they also got their best deal in less than 48 hours. That beggars belief, so why didnt they tell SB this?

3. Steve Bruce of all people complaining of lack of loyalty. Steve Bruce.

4. At the end of the day, they didn't have to take the money but they did. From what I've seen and read since, Niall Quinn seems quite pleased they did.

5. They're going to go out this week and start sniffing around Wigan for N'Zogbia. They'll probably go about it the same way we did with Bent. Hypocrisy.

And, amidst all the over the top, ridiculous media reaction to this, what is forgotten is that we know this more than most clubs, having watched Barry fuck off for money (complaints from media about players moving for money then? Zero) and Milner go the following season.

Absolutely, it most be annoying as fuck see your team built over a period of years and then it gets torn away by a club that have done fuck all but fortunately got taken over by some sugar daddy.

If you don't make the Champions League in the first few seasons of having that team then they'll leave one by one eventually, and then you're back to square one.

Absolutely, it most be annoying as fuck see your team built over a period of years and then it gets torn away by a club that have done fuck all but fortunately got taken over by some sugar daddy.

If you don't make the Champions League in the first few seasons of having that team then they'll leave one by one eventually, and then you're back to square one.

This general premise is my main gripe with football.

Guest Heneage

The obvious points are:

1. "I knew something was wrong, but i couldn't put my finger on it" said Bruce. Bent submitted a transfer request in the summer, so not the biggest surprise.

2. "Well, the deal was done in less than 48 hours, what does that tell you about contact with the player" - yes, and unless Sunderland were negotiating to sell him before the Sunday, they also got their best deal in less than 48 hours. That beggars belief, so why didnt they tell SB this?

3. Steve Bruce of all people complaining of lack of loyalty. Steve Bruce.

4. At the end of the day, they didn't have to take the money but they did. From what I've seen and read since, Niall Quinn seems quite pleased they did.

5. They're going to go out this week and start sniffing around Wigan for N'Zogbia. They'll probably go about it the same way we did with Bent. Hypocrisy.

More than that claiming he expected a call from Houllier. First off there's no guarantee he brokered the deal or even knew about it, secondly Bruce left Wigan in the mire, did he ring the person he replaced to tell them he was taking the job, bollocks did he.

The last fortnight he's looked mentally unstable at times, I think it's starting to get to him. One fit striker, no deals done with 10 days to go and no real money coming from the Bent deal.

Nixon  - don't get me wrong, I understand fully how Sunderland's fans feel.

What i resent is the insinuations that:

- Sunderland's hierarchy weren't negotiating with us to sell him for weeks before

- Bent leaving them to come to us is somewhat like Torres leaving Liverpool and washing up at Bolton

- We have somehow invented the action of attracting a player from another club with the offer of more money, rather than it being the fundamental principle of the entire league. There's a club competing for the title right now with an *entire fucking team* which was put together on that basis.

Guest Heneage

Nixon  - don't get me wrong, I understand fully how Sunderland's fans feel.

What i resent is the insinuations that:

- Sunderland's hierarchy weren't negotiating with us to sell him for weeks before

- Bent leaving them to come to us is somewhat like Torres leaving Liverpool and washing up at Bolton

- We have somehow invented the action of attracting a player from another club with the offer of more money, rather than it being the fundamental principle of the entire league. There's a club competing for the title right now with an *entire f***ing team* which was put together on that basis.

There's no way even if you'd tapped him Sunday they could do a deal this big in two days. You need the selling club's help I couldn't agree more.