John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest firetotheworks

None of us liked him in the first place, it just so happens that Pardew was the lightening rod for our disdain. That said, I'll refrain and be happy with Pardew leaving for as long as I possibly can.

Hahahahaha. What a fucking mook:

John Carver feels Newcastle United's style of play is close to what fans want

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-feels-newcastle-uniteds-8367152?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:lol: Haven't heard that for ages, it needs to make a come back.

That and momo. I'm helping to bring them both back.

Pine Barrens >>>>>>

Greatest Sopranos episode of all time.

Guest firetotheworks

Hahahahaha. What a fucking mook:

John Carver feels Newcastle United's style of play is close to what fans want

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-feels-newcastle-uniteds-8367152?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:lol: Haven't heard that for ages, it needs to make a come back.

That and momo. I'm helping to bring them both back.

Pine Barrens >>>>>>

Greatest Sopranos episode of all time.

:thup:

Love the relationship between Paulie and Christopher.

All the bloke's been asked to do is take over for the next couple of games, possibly till the end of the season, until there's a permanent appointment.

Why not just wish the guy well and let him get on with it.

Sorry, but all this sniping gets on my nerves.

:spit: Unrelenting support.

You do remember Southampton away don't you ?

All the bloke's been asked to do is take over for the next couple of games, possibly till the end of the season, until there's a permanent appointment.

You get on my nerves.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-targets-champions-league-8367760

With Newcastle determined to appoint a head coach rather than a traditional manager Carver has become a very realistic option for Mike Ashley, who has favoured internal appointments at United. While he stopped short of declaring his hand, Carver’s intentions appeared clear – and if he did get the job he says his ambition would be to shoot for the top four.

“My ambition is definitely still the same, without a shadow of the doubt,” he said.

“Any player would snap your hand off to play in the Champions League if you asked them. If a player leaves it is usually because they say they can’t get Champions League football and they say they want to play in it.

“If we haven’t got that ambition, then we are all wasting our time in my opinion. It’s no good just turning up thinking mediocrity is good enough. Let’s go and win every game we can. If you don’t think that way, you won’t get in those situations again.

“I’ll never forget that Feyenoord game, where we qualified for the second phase after losing our first three games and then won the second three, I don’t know if it’s been achieved since. There was no better feeling than when Bellers scored that last-minute goal.”

Won't be getting the job then. Nice to hear for a change mind.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-targets-champions-league-8367760

With Newcastle determined to appoint a head coach rather than a traditional manager Carver has become a very realistic option for Mike Ashley, who has favoured internal appointments at United. While he stopped short of declaring his hand, Carver’s intentions appeared clear – and if he did get the job he says his ambition would be to shoot for the top four.

“My ambition is definitely still the same, without a shadow of the doubt,” he said.

“Any player would snap your hand off to play in the Champions League if you asked them. If a player leaves it is usually because they say they can’t get Champions League football and they say they want to play in it.

“If we haven’t got that ambition, then we are all wasting our time in my opinion. It’s no good just turning up thinking mediocrity is good enough. Let’s go and win every game we can. If you don’t think that way, you won’t get in those situations again.

“I’ll never forget that Feyenoord game, where we qualified for the second phase after losing our first three games and then won the second three, I don’t know if it’s been achieved since. There was no better feeling than when Bellers scored that last-minute goal.”

Won't be getting the job then. Nice to hear for a change mind.

Look at him crawling out of the woodwork. What a cunt.

@RobScanlon_TV

#NUFC's Mike Williamson told me today he thinks John Carver is very capable of doing the job until the end of the season. "100 percent yeah, he knows the club inside out...and he's got the mentality and the experience to do that...he'd be a fantastic manager"

:lol:

@RobScanlon_TV

#NUFC's Mike Williamson told me today he thinks John Carver is very capable of doing the job until the end of the season. "100 percent yeah, he knows the club inside out...and he's got the mentality and the experience to do that...he'd be a fantastic manager"

Really being endorsed by the greats here :-)

Guest JamesyJazz

What do you 'fans' actually want?

Pardews gone and now you turn on Carver.

Is it a case of 'The Emporers new clothes',or is there a possibility of a constructive,thought out argument for and against?

The follow the herd mentality on here has transformed this forum from a democratic sounding of opinion into an appeasing,asslicking quagmire of sycophantic self congratulation.

Is it a case of 'The Emporers new clothes',or is there a possibility of a constructive,thought out argument for and against?

The follow the herd mentality on here has transformed this forum from a democratic sounding of opinion into an appeasing,asslicking quagmire of sycophantic self congratulation.

For, nothing. Against, he's Carver.

@RobScanlon_TV

Really being endorsed by the greats here :-)

Williamson's diplomatic immunity will likely continue under Carver.

But the question is, what do you want ?

It will be interesting to see what team plays tomorrow, and what if any changes to the way we play and approach games are noticeable. I would guess considering Carver has said he thinks we currently play good football, that he rates Pardew highly, that we won the last match and that presumably training today was exactly the same as normal, everything will be exactly the same. Until we concede. :laugh:

What's the "for" in Carvers case? If he gets the job he'll be the latest in a growing line of people appointed manager here by either convenience or nepotism, not merit. It's absolutely baffling that this might be accepted again. This'll be where we're "too demanding" I suppose?

Guest dazzanufc1892

does this mean that carver can now be charged by the FA the same way Pearson was?

no coming back from that moment for me, viva craig bellamy

I thought people were against Carver because he's been manager once in his career, a shite spell at Toronto in MLS? Won 12 games out of 40, losing 16 times. Is that not a good reason?

Or maybe it's his record as caretaker manager? 4 wins in 16 games. He lost all the others by the way.

It shouldn't even be a discussion. The man has no pedigree whatsoever and wouldn't be considered for a manager job by any professional club in the entire world, yet we have to have a discussion on why he'd be anything other than a shite, lazy hire?

Piss off man.

Proper weird like. Because I didn't want X managing Newcastle United, I'm meant to be happy with Y (where Y is absolutely anyone other than X)?

For once, can I not have someone competent and hired on merit? Or is that me being unrealistic and deluded again?