West Ham to get Olympic Stadium

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

The whole things a complete mess and shows what a white elephant the stadium will become.  300M for 9 days use.  Ridiculous.

is this right, it cost 300m to build which is of course believable, but that there's gonna be another 200m spent converting it to a football stadium now? :lol:

Yes.  Mainly because the stadium at 300M was built to be temporary and the top part of the stadium was design to be taken apart and leave a 25,000 athletic stadium.  Also various other stuff needs doing.

says everything about our country really that we feel football is the only option for it, there's surely to fuck a more sensible option but then again if the 200m isn't coming from da government but from private companies who gives a fuck, at least it'll provide jobs

The whole Olympics bid was pointless, so much money wasted for little reward and even then all the money went to the Olympic sponsors who were the only ones allowed to sell anything in the Olympic park. Most of the staff working there volunteers as well, so not many jobs were actually created. It's been well documented that if the money was spent on infrastructure investment across the UK the economic benefits would have been way above and beyond and longer lasting than what the Olympics brought in.

The majority of the Olympic stadium is temporary and without a valuable long term tenant. The basket ball arena is supposed to be getting relocated elsewhere in the UK but no one wants it because simply put it is a plastic box with nothing no the inside, seriously all it is is sheets of metal placed over scaffolding with some plastic sheets. The aquatics centre is being severely reduced in size, there still isn't any concrete plans for Eton manor even with it's reduction in size, the Velodrome is taking events away from Manchester's velodrome just so it still has purpose to exist. The Copper is probably the only successful venue after the Olympics.

All of this is going to cost you in taxes for the rest of our lives, just so London can show off again.

The whole things a complete mess and shows what a white elephant the stadium will become.  300M for 9 days use.  Ridiculous.

is this right, it cost 300m to build which is of course believable, but that there's gonna be another 200m spent converting it to a football stadium now? :lol:

Emirates was about £500m & Wembley £750m. Stadiums in London aren't cheap.

:lol: Piss off man Stifler, it was fucking superb.

Really, for what 4 weeks of lime light?

Now most of the venues are white elephants, money wasted which could have been better spent elsewhere.

Sorry but I'd rather have a duelled A1, more transport infrastructure, more and better public transport, schools being invested in/rebuilt.

:lol: p*ss off man Stifler, it was f***ing superb.

Really, for what 4 weeks of lime light?

Now most of the venues are white elephants, money wasted which could have been better spent elsewhere.

Sorry but I'd rather have a duelled A1, more transport infrastructure, more and better public transport, schools being invested in/rebuilt.

Well apart from the fact that would cost about ten times more, the Olympics were class and partly paid for with increased taxes in london which wouldnt have happened otherwise.

Also without things like the Olympics happening a highlight of your lifetime remembered forever, what is there to live for? roads, schools, cars, for what.. a sad life with nothing out of the ordinary

Stifler just admit it was f*cking brilliant for the country  :lol:

I myself felt like you in the build up to the Olympics that it was a huge waste of time but by the end i realised how f*cking fantastic it was and glad to admit i eat a huge slice of humble pie.

It brought the whole country together it was simply brilliant.

Just before the Olympics event started the total cost was just over £11bn, about £9bn was public money (though you could say the other £2bn was as well since it came from a company the government set up and funded). Thats cost is still rising.

Sorry but when we are a country talking about how the NHS has been underfunded for decades, schools in a poor state with too little investment, leisure/sport facilities under funded (I mean at grass roots level, not needless stadia), roads not being kept up to standard, pubic transport not kept up to standard, little investment in the railways etc. Yeah £11bn + was well spent on the Olympics because most of were able to have good viewing on TV (the vast majority couldn't afford nor get tickets to the events we wished to see).

Now the only stadia left at the park that are doing well are the velodrome (which has taken events from another location in the UK), the swimming (at a reduced capacity), and the copper box (which again has taken events and teams from elsewhere).

Everything else is a white elephant.

I myself felt like you in the build up to the Olympics that it was a huge waste of time but by the end i realised how f*cking fantastic it was and glad to admit i eat a huge slice of humble pie.

Same, beforehand I was taking the piss, then the opening ceremony came and that was it, hooked.

Spending went up all across the country as well, not to mention the new generation inspired to compete, do sport, be healthy, something that the country is struggling with and the knock on effect on the NHS will also be seen.

Not to mention the price you cannot put on the pride and unity of the nation. The Olympics was the greatest success of this country in decades, can't believe I thought it would be a farce.  :lol:

Just before the Olympics event started the total cost was just over £11bn, about £9bn was public money (though you could say the other £2bn was as well since it came from a company the government set up and funded). Thats cost is still rising.

Sorry but when we are a country talking about how the NHS has been underfunded for decades, schools in a poor state with too little investment, leisure/sport facilities under funded (I mean at grass roots level, not needless stadia), roads not being kept up to standard, pubic transport not kept up to standard, little investment in the railways etc. Yeah £11bn + was well spent on the Olympics because most of were able to have good viewing on TV (the vast majority couldn't afford nor get tickets to the events we wished to see).

Now the only stadia left at the park that are doing well are the velodrome (which has taken events from another location in the UK), the swimming (at a reduced capacity), and the copper box (which again has taken events and teams from elsewhere).

the stadium is being used for football and summer athletic events

I went to the Olympic park and watched the Paralympics, did I enjoy it? yes, I also went to SJP and watched football, did I enjoy it? yes.

The thing is though it was not worth £11bn, that money could have and should have been better spent elsewhere, we have wasted too much money, even Brazil aren't spending that much on their games.

We now have an Olympic stadium which still has no definite use, and won't be in use until at least 2015. We have venues like the hockey fields being asked to be converted to football use for 3rd football club just so it's still in use, we have an arena packed up in warehouse waiting for someone to buy it off us. All but one of the venues currently in use are only in use because they have taken events and sporting teams from elsewhere, not because they have created new usage or new interest in the sports.

What do you think it means? the whole country was talking about it, we was all so proud of all the achievements. Be it actual medals or just being proud that we actually hosted such a fabulous event.

The whole country was pulling in the same direction by the end of it all and it can't be considered anything but a massive success.

Guest neesy111

Am I the only one who think that the brodcasting is shit at White hart Line ? Who put those camera there ?

They have to change it at European games for some reason.

What do you think it means? the whole country was talking about it, we was all so proud of all the achievements. Be it actual medals or just being proud that we actually hosted such a fabulous event.

The whole country was pulling in the same direction by the end of it all and it can't be considered anything but a massive success.

I think it's an empty statement, and nothing you've said there makes me think otherwise.