Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

It's just madness to suggest that people can't be happy because of the off-chance that we might just finish 7th place.

We're not even 7th atm man.

Aye, we'll never make up those one points.

And the season ends as soon as we make up that point, yeah?

I'm happy that Birmingham won - I'm a football fan as well as a Newcastle fan. So shoot me.

Who the fuck said anything remotely like that? :lol:

We're in with a really good shout of finishing seventh. Sixth will in all likelihood be taken by Liverpool.

It's just madness to suggest that people can't be happy because of the off-chance that we might just finish 7th place.

I'm happy that Birmingham won - I'm a football fan as well as a Newcastle fan. So shoot me.

Who the f*** said anything remotely like that? :lol:

We're in with a really good shout of finishing seventh. Sixth will in all likelihood be taken by Liverpool.

You said "make up those one points" as if we'll still be within a point of it in two months time.

We are in with a really good shout but I don't think we'll finish higher than 8th, which made it irrelevant who won for me today.

You said "make up those one points" as if we'll still be within a point of it in two months time.

We are in with a really good shout but I don't think we'll finish higher than 8th, which made it irrelevant who won for me today.

It's one point, it's therefore well within reach. We're playing pretty well and other teams show no sign of stopping beating each other. But for a horrible defensive mistake yesterday we'd already be 7th. Seems daft to just dismiss our chances to me.

It's one point, it's therefore well within reach. We're playing pretty well and other teams show no sign of stopping beating each other. But for a horrible defensive mistake yesterday we'd already be 7th. Seems daft to just dismiss our chances to me.

:thup:

It's also February 27th, not May 14th. So just because it's within reach now, doesn't mean it will be on the last day.

I dismiss our chances because I don't think we're capable of bettering Bolton and Everton. To get 7th, we'd have to realistically finish above both (if Liverpool get 6th) and I just can't see it happening :dontknow:

Guest toonlass

Not that long ago we were all laughing at the mackems who were talking about Europe because they were 6th, now some on here are doing exactly the same. Wait until the end of the season. Then we can see where we are. I'll be happy with anything over 10th. Delighted in fact considering where we were last season.

Think it's a sweeping statement to say that everyone laughed at the scum. A lot probably believed they'd be up there, then they sold Bent and have since capitulated. We (the players of this team) have a spine which at the moment, Chelsea, Arsenal and Sunderland don't have to match. Actually, I doubt anyone in the league has a similar level of defiance. Maybe only Blackpool. Therefore, there is no reason why we should see our bid for Europe as non-existent, when we are quite clearly capable of achieving it with a bit of belief.

It's not out of the question we could finish 6th. It's not out of the question we could finish 7th, and that Man City or L'pool win the Europa league. Until the season ends, we want to be looking at finishing as high as possible, but seeing as the aim was to stay up, provided we acheive that, we have to be satisfied with this season.

If people thought we could finish 7th, I don't see how it's unrealistic that we could finish 6th. I wouldn't say there are six teams in the league that are categorically better than our first team.

If people thought we could finish 7th, I don't see how it's unrealistic that we could finish 6th. I wouldn't say there are six teams in the league that are categorically better than our first team.

But it's a whole place higher!!! :laugh:

I think we'll spend the rest of the season looking up but not quite able to reach.

However we should be proud of this season and I think we may fare better next season if we aren't having to play as many games involving long distance travel and rubbish pitches.

I think we'll spend the rest of the season looking up but not quite able to reach.

However we should be proud of this season and I think we may fare better next season if we aren't having to play as many games involving long distance travel and rubbish pitches.

Eh? :lol:

Probably about 5-7pts difference.

Man Utd

Arsenal

Chelsea

Citeh

Spuds

and as much as it pains me to say it, Liverpool

are all likely to finish the season strongly and pick up more points than they drop. That extra place dropping down to 7th was our realistic chance.

He's saying that European football would be a hinderance.

Guest Loven11

Not that long ago we were all laughing at the mackems who were talking about Europe because they were 6th, now some on here are doing exactly the same. Wait until the end of the season. Then we can see where we are. I'll be happy with anything over 10th. Delighted in fact considering where we were last season.

Agreed, especially with the bit in bold.

Probably about 5-7pts difference.

Man Utd

Arsenal

Chelsea

Citeh

Spuds

and as much as it pains me to say it, Liverpool

are all likely to finish the season strongly and pick up more points than they drop. That extra place dropping down to 7th was our realistic chance.

Liverpool aren't better than us. Whether they are better with Carroll remains to be seen -- depends on how effectively they use him and how long it takes them to adapt their game. I don't think he'll walk into their team and start banging goals in straight away.

I know you haven't been in Europe enough to see the crippling despair of losing a diamond earing in Bnei Sachnin's away changing room. It has an effect.

I know you haven't been in Europe enough to see the crippling despair of losing a diamond earing in Bnei Sachnin's away changing room. It has an effect.

You're an even worse WUM than you are a general football poster. :lol: