Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we got a decent offer in the summer for Nolan I'd ship him out and bring in Ireland. Think once settled he'd be a much bigger asset than Nolan, just think how long it took Nolan to settle and he wasn't coming back from injury. If we could get Ireland playing like old then he'd be shit hot. As it stands we don't need both IMO while Guthrie is more than capable as backup to one of them. Just a shame he wasn't fit while Nolan was out suspended then we might have more to judge off.

Good in possession, think we need to play a different formation for him to excel though. Something like a 4-2-3-1

You do realise the '1' then becomes Ameobi?

I was thinking about if we were to sign him permanently in the summer and what sort of side he would fit in. Hopefully there will be a new striker signed in the summer...

I think it would be utterly stupid to sell Nolan, he's clearly a massive asset to have in the dressing room, and judging by his interviews he's well aware of his limitations and accepts that he will drop down the pecking order as the club progresses.

I think it would be utterly stupid to sell Nolan, he's clearly a massive asset to have in the dressing room, and judging by his interviews he's well aware of his limitations and accepts that he will drop down the pecking order as the club progresses.

yup, scored a few goals too i hear

When he's not scoring he holds the team back, I think Ireland can replace him goal wise and is a more mobile player as well as a much better passer and creator. Would have been nice to have him half a season to see how play changed, I think it would have been for the better.

:thup:

Not against Ireland coming in either. Not had many minutes on the pitch obviously, but what he has done has left me wanting to see more of him.

how about sell guthrie for Ireland?

Don't see why we need to sell him either, he's far from a 'shithouse' as Colocho states, and we need a decent squad.

Unless he wants out for first team football, I'm very happy for him to be emergency backup.

Even though I've seen little from Ireland so far to justify his signing (permanently or even on loan in the first place), I'd like to see him start the next few games.

Where would you start him?  I would have thought that Nolan's position is the most suited for him.

Even though I've seen little from Ireland so far to justify his signing (permanently or even on loan in the first place), I'd like to see him start the next few games.

Where would you start him?  I would have thought that Nolan's position is the most suited for him.

In the hole. Kinda means Ameobi starting though.

Instead of Lovenkrands might work but he would have to get close to Shola or the ball would never stick up front, not that it does anyway.

Instead of Lovenkrands might work but he would have to get close to Shola or the ball would never stick up front, not that it does anyway.

to be honest getting close to shola might be a bad idea

I'm not even sure how we would fit Ireland in, Lovenkrands and him probably wouldn't work and Ireland and Shola doesn't sound much better.

I'm not even sure how we would fit Ireland in, Lovenkrands and him probably wouldn't work and Ireland and Shola doesn't sound much better.

i agree, i think back up for ben arfa or nowt really. next season obvs