Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should not sign this guy. Send him back. Injured and partying like a rockstar... that can be done elsewhere.

Don't think popping out for a couple of hours and not drinking any alcohol counts as partying like a rock star.

A Christian rock star maybe.

if you believe thier statement of course, which i certainly don't.

Ian W is a very credulous chap. I envy that characteristic.

Also known as incredibly naive.

TBF I do believe them, after being caught red handed they wouldn't come out and apologise only to lie to everyone. They didn't look drunk or tired or anything in the photo (though I was concentrating on the abs obviously).

I'm not cynical by nature though, must admit. That's had me caught out buy Mike Ashley a number of times.

Personnally don't see any reason to doubt them tbh.

I don't think it's naive to think that it wouldn't be 5 minutes before someone who was at the place to pipe up that they were drinking if they were. It may well be that Ireland and co are not the sharpest of tools, but they would have to be flatlining (as would the whoever set up the official apology) to lie about something like that.

There is a story from someone about behaviour later in the evening that goes against the .co.uk statement, though. They aren't wanting it spread around too widely, though.

How f***ing dare he go on a night out.

Especially when he isn't fit.

How f***ing dare :lol:

club rules state that regardless of if your injured or not you should not be out clubbing the night before a match.

as far as i'm concerned if your well enough to be chasing rat in tuptup then your well enough to travel with your team and show some support

There's one good advantage. Him not playing many games will enable us to buy him on the cheap. If we end up only paying £4 mill for him, he's worth the gamble. Pardew have a good reputation when it comes to taking care of his players. I'm confident that he will help Ireland rediscover his form. If that happens, we suddenly have one of most lethal AM in the league whose value is far, far beyond our normal price range. 

oh aye pardew has a fantastic reputation for looking after players....

just look at how well he has looked after this group, they were motivated and seemed to be enjoying playing for hughton. there was a good team spirit and things were looking up.

Then along comes the smiler and we lose carroll, make a stupid bid for nzogbia, sign a bust stephen ireland on loan from a club that didn't really want him in the first place and have only won 1 game in the last 9  (which is a record that saw hughton sacked btw) and we looked positively shambolic on saturday and will no doubt be made to look like relegation fodder again when wolves come to give us a hiding

but pardew looks after his players and could help ireland rediscover his form  :facepalm:

Dont forget bringing Gosling and Enrique back too early aswell.

You're hilarious. Seriously though, we desperately need Ireland match fit. We have a good chance of beating Wolfes with a midfield consisting of Ferguson, Barton, Nolan, Jonas or Ireland, Nolan, Barton and Jonas. To beat them, we must keep the ball on the ground, no long ball balls against our attackers unless their back four is unbalanced.  Maybe this set up is something:

Simpson  - Willicolo - Enrique

Jonas  - Nolan - Barton - Ferguson

Ireland

Best

A wanktastic team if you ask me..

Guest Flatline

You're hilarious. Seriously though, we desperately need Ireland match fit. We have a good chance of beating Wolfes with a midfield consisting of Ferguson, Barton, Nolan, Jonas or Ireland, Nolan, Barton and Jonas. To beat them, we must keep the ball on the ground, no long ball balls against our attackers unless their back four is unbalanced.  Maybe this set up is something:

Simpson  - Willicolo - Enrique

Jonas  - Nolan - Barton - Ferguson

Ireland

Best

A wanktastic team if you ask me..

agreed that team looks good enough to me,  as long as we keep loven out of it!!

I doubt he will start, but having him available is a difference. He can be an impact player. And if the match goes our way, Enrique doesn't need to play the whole game. Ferguson can drop down to lb and Ireland takes the lw-position.

Guest palnese

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

Barton  Nolan  Ireland  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

Attack-tastic :lol:

Will Enrique and Barton be fit by then?

Barton is not injured, is he?

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

Barton  Nolan  Ireland  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

Attack-tastic :lol:

Will Enrique and Barton be fit by then?

Barton is not injured, is he?

No, my mistake.

Guest Chubby Jason

Ireland won't play because he isn't match fit and has been shit for nearly a year now, so I don't see any benefit in starting him. Throw him on if needed but no way should he start.

“The good thing is he hasn’t pulled anything' date=' it’s just a tightening. We took him off as precaution.”[/quote']

Hell of a precaution in such an important game. Guess it's sensible though.

Wolves is a far more important game, albeit in part due to the Stoke result.

Ireland won't play because he isn't match fit and has been shit for nearly a year now, so I don't see any benefit in starting him. Throw him on if needed but no way should he start.

For me it depends on the alternative.

If (either through protecting Ferguson or Enrique not being fit and thus Ferguson being needed at LB) it is a question of either:

Barton-Guthrie-Nolan-Gutierrez or Barton-Ireland-Nolan-Gutierrez then personally I would feel much more confident in the latter.

However, if Pardew is considering throwing Ferguson in to start with Gutierrez either side of Nolan-Barton then I would have no problem in seeing Ireland left on the bench.

Of course that is just a personal opinion heavily influenced by the fact I think Guthrie has been pretty poor when he has appeared this season and the hope that Ireland can suddenly conjure up something like his best form straight away.

Is Guthrie even fit? I thought he was out injured. I dont know if he has the bottle for an important game like this one. could see him pushing Colo forward, he has been much more confident this season on the ball (had a mare last game though) and seems to like marauding forward.

Not sure that Saylor is fit to fill in at the back and Campbell was a disaster last game, so bloody slow.