Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is Guthrie even fit? I thought he was out injured. I dont know if he has the bottle for an important game like this one. could see him pushing Colo forward, he has been much more confident this season on the ball (had a mare last game though) and seems to like marauding forward.

Not sure that Saylor is fit to fill in at the back and Campbell was a disaster last game, so bloody slow.

Guthrie was out for Bolton (?) but has been on the bench for a while now.

Guest Roger Kint

Is Guthrie even fit? I thought he was out injured. I dont know if he has the bottle for an important game like this one. could see him pushing Colo forward, he has been much more confident this season on the ball (had a mare last game though) and seems to like marauding forward.

Not sure that Saylor is fit to fill in at the back and Campbell was a disaster last game, so bloody slow.

What a fantastic idea to disrupt the defence in a huge game on the off chance a CB might play well at CM. After the shambles of Everton/Stoke some people never learn......

“We’re hoping he’ll train fully on Monday, which would give him a week’s work going into the Wolves game,” said Pardew.

“He’s got a very good chance, though we’re conscious of what happened the last time when he pulled a muscle in his thigh.”

What a fantastic idea to disrupt the defence in a huge game on the off chance a CB might play well at CM. After the shambles of Everton/Stoke some people never learn......

That will be our consistent five at the back we have been playing all year will it? Granted the change and adding Campbell into the mix probably didn't help us. It is like you say better to stick to what we know. But given our lack of anyone defensively minded to play in CM, Colo is easily the best choice. Putting a fit again Saylor back in the mix is hardly the worst decision we could make.

Better than the Guardians attempt for the Stoke game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/18/squad-sheets-stoke-city-newcastle-united

That will be our consistent five at the back we have been playing all year will it? Granted the change and adding Campbell into the mix probably didn't help us. It is like you say better to stick to what we know. But given our lack of anyone defensively minded to play in CM, Colo is easily the best choice. Putting a fit again Saylor back in the mix is hardly the worst decision we could make.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/18/squad-sheets-stoke-city-newcastle-united

I'm convinced Perch is a real chance of starting in CM. Nothing to support that, of course, more a sense of dread...

I'm convinced Perch is a real chance of starting in CM. Nothing to support that, of course, more a sense of dread...

Not for 3 games he won't considering he got sent off with a straight red card in the reserves game against Man U.

Colo is also our best central defender, so moving him into central midfield would be an insane decision. While we're at it, we might as well give our top goalscorer Kevin Nolan a stint in nets.

Moving Colo into midfield is one of those things that fans will constantly talk about but in reality is never ever going to happen. Baffles me why it's even mentioned.

Because he's played CDM for Depor and Argentina. I think he'd be excellent there, so long as we had two CBs of his standard ... which we don't.

Moving Colo into midfield is one of those things that fans will constantly talk about but in reality is never ever going to happen. Baffles me why it's even mentioned.

Because he's played CDM for Depor and Argentina. I think he'd be excellent there, so long as we had two CBs of his standard ... which we don't.

I didn't know that, must admit.

Anyway, still don't think it will or should happen.

Bit unfair to judge him on a game away to City where he was at rock bottom anyway. I think he'd do well there now playing with the confidence he has done the last 18 months. Not worth taking him out of defence but I think he'd do a fair job for us in the middle.

I didn't know that, must admit.

Anyway, still don't think it will or should happen.

... and he was good there from what I've been told by a Depor fan I went to uni with. He's one of the best passers of the ball in our squad, if not the best, his positional sense, and reading of the English game has vastly improved in the last two years. Playing in the CCC last season, was brilliant for him.

Greg - Joey Barton, Edgar and Geremi were particularly miserable on that day (the whole team in general were) if I remember correctly.